Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload

  1. -61
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You didn't have to win another game based on what happened in other games that the Jets had no control over. 10 wins was good enough to put the Jets in a spot where they had to rely on Buff losing to make it. If they wanted to get in on their own, 11 wins was the #. Relying on the another team to lose in order to get in is not the same as taking care of business yourself.

    You can't even tell me how the Jets got mathematically eliminated? Bottom line is, you have a problem if you can't admit that the Dolphins eliminated the Jets. The Jets had a chance to get in before they played the Dolphins and had no chance after they lost to them. By definition, that is being eliminated. What happened first is crucial if you are trying to determine how the Jets got eliminated from the playoffs. 1 of two things needed to happen for the Jets to be eliminated. A loss to Miami, or a Tenn win over Hou. Both things happened, so whichever happened first is what eliminated the Jets. In this case, it would be the Jets losing to Miami. The Jets didn't put themselves in position to be eliminated by Tenn via a tie breaker because the Jets couldn't win 9 games and were already eliminated by Miami. It is so simple. You can try to spin it as much as you want, but facts are facts.
    They didn't have to rely on anything, they won the required amount of games need to earn a playoff spot. Whether they got 10 in the first 10 weeks or the last 10 weeks they did it.

    I can admit anything but the fact is if we beat you we still don't make it. We needed 5 different things to happen plus beat Miami, the odds were long.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    101901
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They didn't have to rely on anything, they won the required amount of games need to earn a playoff spot. Whether they got 10 in the first 10 weeks or the last 10 weeks they did it.

    I can admit anything but the fact is if we beat you we still don't make it. We needed 5 different things to happen plus beat Miami, the odds were long.
    So, if Buff beat Pitt, the Jets still get in with 10 wins?

    Yes, that is a fact, but also irrelevant to the fact that Miami eliminated them first. The Jets only needed 3 teams to lose, not 5. The odds were not long as 2 out of the 3 lost and the last one only won by a point. None of that matters becasue even if Houston had beat Tenn, the Jets would not have gotten in because Miami already eliminated them.

    If the Dolphins did not mathematically eliminate the Jets, then who did? I've never seen anyone deny the facts like you do. It is entertaining to say the least.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    So, if Buff beat Pitt, the Jets still get in with 10 wins?

    Yes, that is a fact, but also irrelevant to the fact that Miami eliminated them first. The Jets only needed 3 teams to lose, not 5. The odds were not long as 2 out of the 3 lost and the last one only won by a point. None of that matters becasue even if Houston had beat Tenn, the Jets would not have gotten in because Miami already eliminated them.

    If the Dolphins did not mathematically eliminate the Jets, then who did? I've never seen anyone deny the facts like you do. It is entertaining to say the least.
    Did Buf beat Pitt?(Pitt backups at home no less). I can say if we beat Baltimore earlier or if we beat NE but we didn't. We won 10, Buf won 9 and we earned a WC spot.

    all that needs to be answered is this- if the Jets beat Miami do they make the playoffs?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    101901
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Did Buf beat Pitt?(Pitt backups at home no less). I can say if we beat Baltimore earlier or if we beat NE but we didn't. We won 10, Buf won 9 and we earned a WC spot.

    all that needs to be answered is this- if the Jets beat Miami do they make the playoffs?
    No, and that is the only reason the Jets made it. The Jets had everything to do with the losses to Bal and NE. They had nothing to do with Buff losing. Because they didn't beat Bal / NE earlier, or SL in week 17, they had to rely on Buff losing to get in. If not, it wouldn't have mattered if Buff won or loss, but it did.

    That is the only thing that needs to be answered if you are Jets fan who can't admit how they got eliminated from the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    The reason the Jets made it is b/c they won more games than the Bills and most of the rest of the conference. The Bills had 2 huge breaks, Chad Pennington getting hurt for us in the game at Buf(missing 3 starts and playing w/ a torn rotator cuff the rest of the season) and then playing backups at home week 17 and they still couldn't pass us.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    101901
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The reason the Jets made it is b/c they won more games than the Bills and most of the rest of the conference. The Bills had 2 huge breaks, Chad Pennington getting hurt for us in the game at Buf(missing 3 starts and playing w/ a torn rotator cuff the rest of the season) and then playing backups at home week 17 and they still couldn't pass us.
    We are not talking about the Bills. You can list all the reasons and excuses of why the Jets needed to rely on Buff to lose to make the playoffs, but it doesn't change anything. Had the Bills won and made the playoffs, the same would be true about them. The Bills needed the Jets to lose in week 17 to have the opportunity to make the playoffs. They were not able to take advantage of that opportunity. The Jets had a chance to get in on their own in week 17 with a win, but couldn't. Because of that, they needed Buff to lose in order to make it.

    Yes, they won enough games to make it, but not enough to make it on their own. Because of the loss to SL in week 17, they had to rely on Buff to lose in order to make it. That is an indisputable fact.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    we didn't need to rely on Buf in week 17
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    101901
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we didn't need to rely on Buf in week 17
    So it didn't matter if Buff won or lost? The Jets were getting in regardless?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    So it didn't matter if Buff won or lost? The Jets were getting in regardless?
    we relied on being better for 16 games. we didn't need help, we were better over the course of 16 games.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    101901
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we relied on being better for 16 games. we didn't need help, we were better over the course of 16 games.
    How many different ways are you going to try and spin this?

    The Jets relied on being better for 16 games which came down to the final week, and still needing a win to insure a spot over Buff. The Jets didn't get that win, so the had to rely on Buff losing to make it.

    You talk about Jets needing a ton of help to make the 2011 playoffs when they didn't make it, but had they made it, your argument would be that they didn't need help and didn't have to rely on anything. Too funny!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Quinton Coples has a plan to stop Dustin Keller!
    By Greer17 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 10:35 AM
  2. Quinton Coples
    By DKphin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
  3. Buyer Beware: Quinton Coples!!
    By ticophin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
  4. Michael floyd or Quinton Coples
    By 1Dolfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 09:18 PM
  5. Dolphins DL Coach putting Quinton Coples through drills
    By DefensiveEnd76 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •