Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prospect Hits and Misses

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    QB miss:
    1) Chad Henne for me--saw a few games and thought he would be awesome.
    2) Cam Newton- so far I can say he's probably surprised most people with his play.
    3) Blaine Gabbert- I thought he would be way better than what we've seen. Geez!!!

Wr Hit:
    1) Devon Bess- saw him play for Hawaii and knew he would be good.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as I loved Newton, in the 2011 NFL Draft, the guy I really couldn't stop watching? Aldon Smith. My time really looking into prospects has been brief, and when I say "really looking into," I still mean it in a rather casual way. But I would watch everything I could on Smith and watch it over and over. He was the most natural pass rusher I had ever seen entering the NFL. If he stays healthy, I expect A. Smith to be registering double-digit sacks when he's 35. He's not a Von Miller, who has to beat you with a ridiculous first step (I also loved/love Miller); his hands and his use of leverage . . . just amazing.

I'm not ready to call Dalton a miss yet. I was really, really down on Dalton, but it's looking like he might prove me wrong.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two guys I'm watching like a hawk as UDFAs are TE Chase Ford and CB Larry Parker. These are guys I felt pretty strong about. RB Jonas Gray is another one. When I actually took a close look at Derrick Shelby, he became a fourth. Josh Samuda I could never really feel STRONG about because I've never seen anything more than highlights. My feelings on Jeff Fuller are mixed and have always been.

But Ford and Parker I keep tabs on. I tweeted out about Larry Parker at about 3:45pm the day he was going to play his preseason game. I said if anyone were willing to give me 3:1 odds on Larry Parker getting an interception tonight, I would take it. Of course, if Vegas were to ACTUALLY handicap that event, it would probably be more like 50:1, but I'm confident in the player. Interceptions are his thing, he breaks on the ball. That's what he does. Sure enough one of the first snaps he gets out there, the quarterback actually placed the ball really well to the outside but somehow Larry dives for the unlikely interception. Replay officials ruled that he ever so slightly lost control of the ball as it hit the ground (which I thought was arguable), but I don't think it mattered...I think Larry successfully sent his "pick me" message to the coaching staff.

Those two will be guys that, if they end up good, I will definitely be crowing about...lol.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Parker was a great find. I dug in to him closely after you mentioned him and he ended up being a top 10 cornerback on my board. He had starting caliber abilities down the road.

I think the league probably missed the boat on this kid. He'll be a quality player for Arizona.
    Quote Quote