Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Jets scrimmage

  1. -1
    EmperorPhin's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,197
    vCash:
    4312
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Jets scrimmage

    Even with Tebow they only had 9200 people per james walker on twitter
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    number1fin's Avatar
    #onephin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,497
    vCash:
    200
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    town drunk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2002
    Posts:
    1,109
    vCash:
    1493
    Loc:
    Ponce Inlet, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way...... are you serious? But they said Tebow was going to take off his shirt and Sanchez was going to oil him up..... I don't understand
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    LANGER72's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,304
    vCash:
    30870
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    9000 of the people were Tebow groupies that couldn't care less about football...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    kcbrown's Avatar
    Life is what we make it.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    3,009
    vCash:
    4229
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares? Get this Jets talk outta here....
















    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Jetsfan0099's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    813
    vCash:
    1117
    Thanks / No Thanks
    SUNY Cortland only has a seating capacity of 6,500. Cortland is like in the middle of nowhere. I would have went if it wasn't so far, I used to go to Hofstra for their practices.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,309
    vCash:
    1448
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan0099 View Post
    SUNY Cortland only has a seating capacity of 6,500. Cortland is like in the middle of nowhere. I would have went if it wasn't so far, I used to go to Hofstra for their practices.
    I'm NOT sure why the Jets located their TC in Cortland. Maybe they tried to emulate the Gnats who have held their TC in Albany for a couple of decades now. The thing is that Albany has always been Gnats territory, while everything west of Utica has been Bills territory. The Jets have never had a large fan following upstate except for college students from the NYC area, most of whom are NOT there in the summer. The Jets have traditionally been anchored in Long Island, and I'm NOT sure why they moved. Maybe they moved to Cortland to discourage fans from coming up to TC for some reason.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Jetsfan0099's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    813
    vCash:
    1117
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    I'm NOT sure why the Jets located their TC in Cortland. Maybe they tried to emulate the Gnats who have held their TC in Albany for a couple of decades now. The thing is that Albany has always been Gnats territory, while everything west of Utica has been Bills territory. The Jets have never had a large fan following upstate except for college students from the NYC area, most of whom are NOT there in the summer. The Jets have traditionally been anchored in Long Island, and I'm NOT sure why they moved. Maybe they moved to Cortland to discourage fans from coming up to TC for some reason.
    Its a Rex Ryan thing, he wanted them to get away for training camp. Bring the team out to the middle of nowhere, where they can build team chemistry. Its something he learned with the Ravens.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    NYCBillsFan's Avatar
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    497
    vCash:
    1210
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan0099 View Post
    Its a Rex Ryan thing, he wanted them to get away for training camp. Bring the team out to the middle of nowhere, where they can build team chemistry. Its something he learned with the Ravens.
    I think it's more along the lines of the Jets have a crappy fanbase upstate, so maybe putting TC there will stir some interest, that and signing Tim Tebow......

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,309
    vCash:
    1448
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan0099 View Post
    Its a Rex Ryan thing, he wanted them to get away for training camp. Bring the team out to the middle of nowhere, where they can build team chemistry. Its something he learned with the Ravens.
    I thought the Jets moved to Cortland several years before Ryan became HC.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Scrimmage?
    By #1dolphinsfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:22 AM
  2. Merged:Watching scrimmage post here/Scrimmage Report
    By fins1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:42 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 01:08 AM
  4. Merged: What I hope happens in the scrimmage/Fins-Titans Scrimmage
    By XoPhinsoX in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 06:13 PM
  5. Scrimmage
    By dolfan87 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2002, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •