Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: The Religion of Atheism

  1. -1
    Alter2Ego's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    34
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The Religion of Atheism

    ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

    Atheists consistently attempt to take the higher ground by pointing fingers of accusation at theists and accusing theists of committing all sorts of human rights violations in the name of "cultish religions," as they are fond of putting it. According to atheists, it is the belief in God that has caused people to commit the various atrocities common to mankind. Remove religion, belief in God, and belief in the Bible--the atheists argue--and the world will be a better place. This latter conclusion is mortally flawed for the following reasons:

    1. Atheists have committed human rights violations en masse throughout history. For instance, Joseph Stalin--the atheist--ordered the deaths of between 40 million to 62 million people (20 million of which were everyday Soviet civilians), compared to the 6 million killed by Adolph Hitler the Roman Catholic "Christian."

    In other words, the problem is not the Bible or God. The problem is people, including those in false religions which have failed to teach the masses Biblical truths. An appreciation for Biblical truths and Jehovah's righteous standards of what's right and what's wrong is the only detriment against people committing human rights violations. Blaming God for the crimes of false Christians is an attempt at passing the buck.


    "See! This only I have found, that the true God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans." (Ecclesiastes 7:29)


    2. Atheism is itself a religion. While atheist will argue that they don't believe in any god, the issue is not merely non-belief in God or gods but in having ANY sort of belief system. The belief system of atheism is centered around the philosophy of "secular-humanism."


    3. Atheism is a religion according to a 2005 Wisconsin federal court ruling as well as the U.S. Supreme Courtóthe highest court in the land.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,274
    vCash:
    7196
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Exodus 16:14

    And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,964
    vCash:
    9520
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    Biblical truths
    You lost me right around here somewhere.



    Then you mentioned something about Wisconsin.

    Wisconsin is only relevant in Big 10 football.

    Federal court rulings on what is and what isn't a Religion is out of their realm of expertise.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Alter2Ego's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    34
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    You lost me right around here somewhere.



    Then you mentioned something about Wisconsin.

    Wisconsin is only relevant in Big 10 football.

    Federal court rulings on what is and what isn't a Religion is out of their realm of expertise.
    ALTER2EGO -to- JCANE:

    Is that so. I'm sure the atheist who filed the lawsuit in Wisconsin, demanding his "religious rights," didn't share your sentiment. In fact, below is evidence that exposes atheists as hypocrites for insisting they are not religious. This evidence involves the 2005 Wisconsin Federal Court ruling in the case of Kaufman v. McCaughtry, in which a judge recognized Atheism as a religion. Keep your eyes on the words in red within the quotation.


    EVIDENCE FOR THE HYPOCRISY OF ATHEISTS:
    "Court Rules Atheism A Religion
    Decides 1st Amendment protects prison inmate's right to start study group

    Published: 08/20/2005 at 1:00 AM

    A federal court of appeals ruled yesterday Wisconsin prison officials violated an inmate’s rights because they did not treat atheism as a religion.

    "Atheism is [the inmate's] religion, and the group that he wanted to start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being," the 7th Circuit Court Of Appeals said."

    The court decided the inmate’s First Amendment rights were violated because the prison refused to allow him to create a study group for atheists.

    Brian Fahling, senior trial attorney for the American Family Association Center for Law & Policy, called the court’s ruling "a sort of Alice in Wonderland jurisprudence."

    "Up is down, and atheism, the antithesis of religion, is religion," said Fahling.

    The Supreme Court has said a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion."
    http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/
    Last edited by Alter2Ego; 08-09-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,964
    vCash:
    9520
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    JCANE -to- ALTER2EGO

    Keep your eyes on the words in red:

    **** that judge's ruling.

    Atheism isn't a Religion.

    Also, I assume that you believe that the courts have ALWAYS gotten it 110% right with their rulings. They've NEVER been wrong. Or are they wrong when it directly benefits your argument?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,274
    vCash:
    7196
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    ALTER2EGO -to- JCANE:

    Is that so. I'm sure the atheist who filed the lawsuit in Wisconsin, demanding his "religious rights," didn't share your sentiment. In fact, below is evidence that exposes atheists as hypocrites for insisting they are not religious. This evidence involves the 2005 Wisconsin Federal Court ruling in the case of of Kaufman v. McCaughtry, in which a judge recognized Atheism as a religion. Keep your eyes on the words in red within the quotation.


    EVIDENCE FOR THE HYPOCRISY OF ATHEISTS:

    http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/

    stop dodging me!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Alter2Ego's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    34
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    stop dodging me!
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:

    Dodging you! Don't be dramatic. I will respond to your posts when you present your own expressions--as opposed to loading up your posts with videos of what other people are saying. Somehow you seem to think that because someone said something on a videotape, it's supposed to give their personal opinions more relevance than when it is not videotaped. I will not spend the time watching somebody who isn't even on this forum rattling off his or her personal opinions on video.

    You will notice that I always state my position in my own words, after which I partially quote a source when I have one. In addition, I highlight portions of the source's statements in bold or in red if I want to bring something to the attention of others. Last but not least, I provide the weblink or identify the source by name or by publication. I don't just post a weblink or a videotape. Of course since that's your preference, go for it.
    Last edited by Alter2Ego; 08-09-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,274
    vCash:
    7196
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:

    Dodging you! Don't be dramatic. I will respond to your posts when you present your own expressions--as opposed to loading up your posts with videos of what other people are saying. Somehow you seem to think that because someone said something on a videotape, it's supposed to give their personal opinions more relevance that when it is not videotaped. I will not spend the time watching somebody who isn't even on this forum rattling off his or her personal opinions on video.

    You will notice that I always state my position in my own words, after which I partially quote a source when I have one. In addition, I highlight portions of the source's statements in bold or in red if I want to bring something to the attention of others. Last but not least, I provide the weblink or identify the source by name or by publication. I don't just post a weblink or a videotape. Of course since that's your preference, go for it.
    Relax I'm being jocular. If you don't want to watch all of them then do me the favor of watching the first two.

    I don't know what significance the medium of the idea is, but if you prefer I transcribe it then whatever floats your boat. Basically, John Marco Allegro, a Dead Sea Scrolls scholar of world renown, argues that Jesus Christ was in fact a hallucinogenic mushroom rather than a real person. If you aren't familiar with The Dead Sea Scrolls, it's the earliest writings of the bible.

    As a philologist, Allegro analysed the derivations of language. He traced biblical words and phrases back to their roots in Sumerian, and showed how Sumerian phonemes recur in varying but related contexts in many Semitic, classical and other Indo-European languages. Although meanings changed to some extent, Allegro found some basic religious ideas passing on through the genealogy of words. His book The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross relates the development of language in Eurasia to the development of myths, religions and cultic practices in many cultures. Allegro believed he could prove through etymology that the roots of Christianity, as of many other religions, lay in fertility cults; and that cultic practices, such as ingesting hallucinogenic drugs to perceive the Mind of God, persisted into Christian times.
    Here, these are the two. Watch these and give me your thoughts on them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra0mj3A67OU&feature=player_embedded

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_HTJiPni1c&feature=player_embedded#!



    --
    Dead Sea Scrolls
    The texts are of great historical and religious significance and include the earliest known surviving copies of biblical and extra-biblical documents as well as preserve evidence of great diversity in lateSecond Temple Judaism. They are written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Nabataean, mostly onparchment, but with some written on papyrus and bronze.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Alter2Ego's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    34
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    JCANE -to- ALTER2EGO

    Keep your eyes on the words in red:

    **** that judge's ruling.

    Atheism isn't a Religion.

    Also, I assume that you believe that the courts have ALWAYS gotten it 110% right with their rulings. They've NEVER been wrong. Or are they wrong when it directly benefits your argument?
    ALTER2EGO -to- J CANE:
    The issue is not whether or not I assume court rulings are always right but that the atheists themselves argued they were in a religion when they filed their lawsuits.

    For instance, if you notice in the 2005 Wisconsin Federal Court case, that was an Appeals Court decision. In other words, the atheist lost the first round in superior court and took it to the appeals court where he won. Additionally, as far back as 1961, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that atheism is a religion--after another atheist filed a lawsuit. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the atheist lost at both the superior court level and the appeals court level. So he took it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court--the highest court in the land where court decisions affect the entire USA. In the Supreme Court, he won.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The Religion of Atheism
    By Alter2Ego in forum Religion Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 04:23 AM
  2. The Rise of Atheism in America
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Religion Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 05:11 AM
  3. Is Atheism a Civil Rights Issue?
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
  4. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 05:16 PM
  5. Atheism: a tradition worth fighting for
    By PassRush in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •