Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Religion of Atheism

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Relax I'm being jocular. If you don't want to watch all of them then do me the favor of watching the first two.

I don't know what significance the medium of the idea is, but if you prefer I transcribe it then whatever floats your boat. Basically, John Marco Allegro, a Dead Sea Scrolls scholar of world renown, argues that Jesus Christ was in fact a hallucinogenic mushroom rather than a real person.
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:
    Someone makes a statement like that and you expect me to take him seriously? Get real. I'm more likely to believe he himself was smoking the hallucinogenic mushrooms. He sounds like a nutcase.

If you aren't familiar with The Dead Sea Scrolls, it's the earliest writings of the bible.
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:
    I am very much familiar with the Dead Sea Scrolls, and I know they are the oldest surviving copies of the Hebrew/Old Testament portion of God's inspired Word. What point are you trying to make regarding those?

Here, these are the two. Watch these and give me your thoughts on them.
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:
    Sorry, but I'm really not interested in hearing the personal opinions/speculations of any of these individuals. I believe I told you this before.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    ALTER2EGO -to- J CANE:
    The issue is not whether or not I assume court rulings are always right but that the atheists themselves argued they were in a religion when they filed their lawsuits.

For instance, if you notice in the 2005 Wisconsin Federal Court case, that was an Appeals Court decision. In other words, the atheist lost the first round in superior court and took it to the appeals court where he won. Additionally, as far back as 1961, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that atheism is a religion--after another atheist filed a lawsuit. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the atheist lost at both the superior court level and the appeals court level. So he took it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court--the highest court in the land where court decisions affect the entire USA. In the Supreme Court, he won.
    Those are misinformed Atheists. You have booger-eaters in every group Religious and non. This guy who argued that Atheism was Religion did so probably for personal benefit and gain and no other reason.

Atheism is not a Religion nor is Agnosticism.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:
    Someone makes a statement like that and you expect me to take him seriously? Get real. I'm more likely to believe he himself was smoking the hallucinogenic mushrooms. He sounds like a nutcase.

ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:
    I am very much familiar with the Dead Sea Scrolls, and I know they are the oldest surviving copies of the Hebrew/Old Testament portion of God's inspired Word. What point are you trying to make regarding those?

ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:
    Sorry, but I'm really not interested in hearing the personal opinions/speculations of any of these individuals. I believe I told you this before.
    You don't smoke mushrooms. Besides, I don't know what harm would arise from it. I understand it sounds radical but it's actually a very credible source. At the very least shouldn't you be able to hear the information and then make an informed opinion about it? I think that's a better route than ignorantly dismissing the matter entirely.

Exodus 16:14

And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Those are misinformed Atheists. You have booger-eaters in every group Religious and non. This guy who argued that Atheism was Religion did so probably for personal benefit and gain and no other reason.

Atheism is not a Religion nor is Agnosticism.
    ALTER2EGO -to- J CANE:
    You can remain in denial if that makes you happy. It's not going to change the court rulings. Furthermore, what makes you think these are the only two atheist cases that made it through the court system? There are others I could cite. In fact, I will do so at a later time.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ALTER2EGO -to- J CANE:
    You can remain in denial if that makes you happy. It's not going to change the court rulings. Furthermore, what makes you think these are the only two atheist cases that made it through the court system? There are others I could cite. In fact, I will do so at a later time.
    I'm sure there are others that you could cite.

Doesn't change anything.

If I go outside and insist that the sky is green, what color is the sky?

It's blue.

Just because a few non-informed Atheists claim that Atheism is a Religion, it doesn't make it an actual Religion.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    LOL @ people actually claiming that the belief in nothing in particular is a religion. I mean, seriously, how delusional do you have to be...

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don't smoke mushrooms. Besides, I don't know what harm would arise from it. I understand it sounds radical but it's actually a very credible source. At the very least shouldn't you be able to hear the information and then make an informed opinion about it? I think that's a better route than ignorantly dismissing the matter entirely.

Exodus 16:14

And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:

Of course YOU don't see any harm in me wasting my time watching atheists spout their personal philosophy aka opinions on video. Why doesn't that surprise me?

I can make much better use of my time than to waste it listening to people spouting nonsense on video. Nonsense for which they can't present a shred of evidence. I happen to know that the statement about Jesus never having existed is false. And I haven't even touched the idiotic statement about hallucinogenic mushrooms.

At another time, I will start a thread in which I will present documentary evidence for the historicity of the Jesus Christ of the Bible.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    LOL @ people actually claiming that the belief in nothing in particular is a religion. I mean, seriously, how delusional do you have to be...
    You'd have to eat a lot of boogers in your wasted time on science's Earth.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    ALTER2EGO -to- ROB19:

Of course YOU don't see any harm in me wasting my time watching atheists spout their personal philosophy aka opinions on video. Why doesn't that surprise me?

I can make much better use of my time than to waste it listening to people spouting nonsense on video. Nonsense for which they can't present a shred of evidence. I happen to know that the statement about Jesus never having existed is false. And I haven't even touched the idiotic statement about hallucinogenic mushrooms.

At another time, I will start a thread in which I will present documentary evidence for the historicity of the Jesus Christ of the Bible.
    Well all you've done so far is output information and refused to take any back yourself. If you aren't here to exchange ideas, then is it safe to assume you're just here to preach?

You're right though, I suppose a better use of your time would be to continue mass enrolling on message boards for the sole purpose of proselytizing. Must be fulfilling.
    Last edited by rob19; 08-09-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    JCANE -to- ALTER2EGO:

This is the Internet, not a CB radio. Using the quote function will suffice...

OVER
    Quote Quote