Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 323 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What do the Dolphins have to do with WV's point? Answer his questions
    You guys always complain about trolling, the original post is clearly a troll post and you want me to respond? Ok.

Better OL.
    Brick had a down year, I wouldn't expect that again.
    Mangold is healthy(only healthy a few games last year)
    Moore is healthy(not healthy first half of season)
    Slauson healthy, played on badly injured shoulder that needed surgery in offseason
    Can Hunter be as bad as he was last year?

Ground and pounf: it's not that we will run 60/40 but it's a philosophy.

Hill & Schilens- gives jets 2 deep threats- 2 more than a year ago and will open things up underneath for Holmes

Sanchez- having his best camp, entering year 4.

Our offense will be better than last year

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I definately worry about how we will generate offense, especially if Philbin decides to roll David Garrard out there.

However, as a phins fan Im much more confident in our ability to score a few points with out dominant OL and strong rushing attack than I am the Jets who completely lack talent of any kind on offense aside from a couple of their OLmen, a disgruntled WR, and a good pass catching TE.

The phins offense is also designed by a couple of men who have had success running offenses before. The Jets on the other hand have their offense ran by..... TONY SPARANO.
    We have a better QB, better OL, better WRs, better TE. RBs are about even but you have a great pass catcher out of the backfield which we don't have. You have one edge- congrats!

Sparano is NOT our HC, you guys need to realize Hcs are more conservative than OC/DCs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    You guys always complain about trolling, the original post is clearly a troll post and you want me to respond? Ok.

Better OL.
    Slauson healthy, played on badly injured shoulder that needed surgery in offseason

Hill & Schilens- gives jets 2 deep threats- 2 more than a year ago and will open things up underneath for Holmes

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

We have a better QB, better OL, better WRs, better TE. RBs are about even but you have a great pass catcher out of the backfield which we don't have. You have one edge- congrats!

Sparano is NOT our HC, you guys need to realize Hcs are more conservative than OC/DCs.
    Good! Now, WV, your response please....

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Come on Phinz, you should know by now that Junc answers WITH questions.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Is he Steve Carrell in 40 Year Old Virgin?

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Boondock Saint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cary, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watch a lot of the NY sports networks,(SNY, YES) and when doing so I see a ton of commercials for the Jets trying real hard to sell tickets. They are trying to get rid of season tickets for dirt cheap. No one is buying them. They cant even sell out in the biggest metropolitan area in the world. They even have the draw of Tim Tebow who brings in rich Christians who arent even football fans.

The Jets are going to be terrible this year and everyone knows it. If you guys get a chance you should watch/listen to Francesa's show in the afternoons. You can find it streaming online at wfan or itunes and on tv on the Yes network. Listening to him hammer on the Jets and have their fans call in trying to defend them is solid gold. Half of their own fans will call and bash them too. Its great.

The Jets offense is attrotious. I thought we had a lack of talent at skill positions. Look at the Jets roster. Outsides of Holmes, who is a punk, and Dustin Keller, they have nobody who can make a play or threaten a defense. They are counting on a rookie at WR to give them a boost. Its hillarious they want to ground and pound and yet the only RB they have is Greene who has proven he cant carry the load. Their OL is total garbage. How in the hell are they going to run the ball. The capper is they have TONY SPARANO running the offense. They are not going to be able to score at all. Their OL will be a revolving door of total sieves.(sp?) With no running backs worth anything, bad QB play, a terrible OL, and nobody who can get open that has a good attitude, this could be one of the worst offenses in history.

The Jets are in for a terrible season. Its going to be great. Their defense is highly overrated as well. And once you put all the pressure on those guys, they are going to fold. Even Revis is complaining going into the season about his contract again. This is a total recipe for disaster. Tebowmania, Sanchez, Holmes' attitude, chaotic fights in camp, Rex losing control and running his mouth, Revis disgruntled, Tony Sparano, and a roster completely void of offensive talent = epic implosion.
    Solid Gold folks.

See Rex wanted to bring in Tebow and pretend he could run it. I will tell you now Rex likes the idea of his offense being totally challenged and not capable of scoring. You see Rex wants it to be all about him. He dosent just want to win, he wants to win the way the Ravens did back in the day. He wants the Jets to win the whole thing without being able to score and his defense dominating its way to a title. That way he can talk about what a defensive genius he is. Too bad for him his defense blows. He dosent have the talent that Baltimore had. No way this team can pull that off. Revis is not going to make a whole defense. They dont have a consistant enough pass rush. They cant get consistant pressure without blitzing and even then they dont always get to the QB. Its going to be a long season for the Jets.

And to cap it off, the phins are a way better team. Much tougher at the LOS. Both teams lack skills position talent, but the phins have the better defense and a way better OL. We are going to smash the **** out of the Jets TWICE. Book it.

Ticket sales?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

Better OL.

Your OL is complete trash as evident the other night. There wouldve been a couple more sacks had Sanchez been in as opposed to Tebow who escaped a couple of times.

All you have is Brick and Mangold on the OL. The rest of your guys are total turnstiles. Blame it on injuries all you want. Can whats his face be as bad as last year..... yea. why not? I know he cant possibly be worst.

You WR corps is a complete joke. The only proven one you have that is any good is also a huge crybaby who could quit at any moment in a game. You better hope that rookie is a solid player right away. If not, you basically have one player at that position.

Your RBs are total garbage. Shonn Greene has never done anything as a featured back. He had a DECENT season as Thomas Jones' caddy. It really wasnt even decent he just happened to have a big run in that playoff game. Last year he did NOTHING for you as your lead guy. Behind him you have exactly NOBODY. Yet, with a terrible OL and no RBs to speak of youre banking on being ground and pound?

When you cant run the ball this year and you have no playmakers in the passing game, its going to be impossible to throw the ball as well. Especially when Sanchez is on the ground every other attempt.

Combine all of that with Tony Sparano running your offense and you will be lucky to find the endzone more than once ever other game. Real talk.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mark Sanchez throwing 26 TD's last year with that group of receivers was the most impressive feat by any quarterback in the league last year. I guarantee he'd throw 35 TD's if he had a receiver like Calvin Johnson.

Give Matthew Stafford Sanchez's group of receivers and I doubt he'd throw 26 TD's.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Mark Sanchez throwing 26 TD's last year with that group of receivers was the most impressive feat by any quarterback in the league last year. I guarantee he'd throw 35 TD's if he had a receiver like Calvin Johnson.

Give Matthew Stafford Sanchez's group of receivers and I doubt he'd throw 26 TD's.
    Sanchez is a lot better than some people make him out to be. And although I hate saying it(Junc DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PART!!!) Ive witnessed the guy make some big time throws when the chips were down. That Houston game he made a couple real nice plays to win the game late. Too bad he has nothing at the skill positions to work with and his OL couldnt stop a kitten from getting to a bowl of milk. Their offense is going to be a laughing stock this season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a Dolphin fan talking **** about the Jets offense is hysterical.
    there's a VERY good chance Miami will have the worst offense in the league.

Our offense has the 3rd most productive TE in the conference, a former SB MVP, 2 pro bowl O-linemen, a guy who rushed for over 1,000 yards last season, a QB who passed and ran for 32 TD's last season and a 250 LB Wildcat QB. With a defense sure to be in the top 5, We'll score more than enough points to win games.

Other than Bess who is decent, your WR's are a complete joke. Maybe you can pick up Lee Evans off the scrap heap, and he'd be the best receiver on your roster. You're relying on an injury prone Reggie Bush to carry the load for another year (good luck with that) and you'll be asking a rookie or a career backup to lead that mess. There's not a person outside of Miami who doesn't expect the Dolphins to be god awful this season, and they'll probably go 0-6 in the division. with the possible exception of meaningless garbage time, the Dolphins offense probably won't score more than 10 points against us in either game.
    Last edited by truthbtold; 08-13-2012 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your OL is complete trash as evident the other night. There wouldve been a couple more sacks had Sanchez been in as opposed to Tebow who escaped a couple of times.

All you have is Brick and Mangold on the OL. The rest of your guys are total turnstiles. Blame it on injuries all you want. Can whats his face be as bad as last year..... yea. why not? I know he cant possibly be worst.

You WR corps is a complete joke. The only proven one you have that is any good is also a huge crybaby who could quit at any moment in a game. You better hope that rookie is a solid player right away. If not, you basically have one player at that position.

Your RBs are total garbage. Shonn Greene has never done anything as a featured back. He had a DECENT season as Thomas Jones' caddy. It really wasnt even decent he just happened to have a big run in that playoff game. Last year he did NOTHING for you as your lead guy. Behind him you have exactly NOBODY. Yet, with a terrible OL and no RBs to speak of youre banking on being ground and pound?

When you cant run the ball this year and you have no playmakers in the passing game, its going to be impossible to throw the ball as well. Especially when Sanchez is on the ground every other attempt.

Combine all of that with Tony Sparano running your offense and you will be lucky to find the endzone more than once ever other game. Real talk.
    Yes, as we all know preseason(especially preseason game 1 where starters play a seris or 2) tells us everything we need to know

Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

I'm shocked someone says something positive about Mark on this board.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ute-prep-time/

So the Jets traded 2 draft picks and brought in Tebow for a QB controversy because they want opposing teams to have to waste time preparing for the Wildcat?

Yeah, that worked out so well for Miami the last couple of years, didn't it? Sparano is the dumbest coach in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    a Dolphin fan talking **** about the Jets offense is hysterical.
    there's a VERY good chance Miami will have the worst offense in the league.

Our offense has the 3rd most productive TE in the conference, a former SB MVP, 2 pro bowl O-linemen, a guy who rushed for over 1,000 yards last season, a QB who passed and ran for 32 TD's last season and a 250 LB Wildcat QB. With a defense sure to be in the top 5, We'll score more than enough points to win games.

Other than Bess who is decent, your WR's are a complete joke. Maybe you can pick up Lee Evans off the scrap heap, and he'd be the best receiver on your roster. You're relying on an injury prone Reggie Bush to carry the load for another year (good luck with that) and you'll be asking a rookie or a career backup to lead that mess. There's not a person outside of Miami who doesn't expect the Dolphins to be god awful this season, and they'll probably go 0-6 in the division. with the possible exception of meaningless garbage time, the Dolphins offense probably won't score more than 10 points against us in either game.
    You do realize it's possible to be a fan of a ****ty team and still talk **** about another team right?
    Quote Quote