Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 487 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow. All these haters after a preseason game? Seriously? New Orlean Saints scored 6 against New England Partiots 7 points. Does that mean they suck too and will be amongst the worst teams in the NFL?

Its a pre season game for god sake. Teams make up game plans according to their needs, not according to the oppositions strength and weaknesses. How many times have we seen a team go undefeated in pre season and then stink it up in regular season, and vice versa? The Jags beat the SB Champs Giants for god sake.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Wow. All these haters after a preseason game? Seriously? New Orlean Saints scored 6 against New England Partiots 7 points. Does that mean they suck too and will be amongst the worst teams in the NFL?

Its a pre season game for god sake. Teams make up game plans according to their needs, not according to the oppositions strength and weaknesses. How many times have we seen a team go undefeated in pre season and then stink it up in regular season, and vice versa? The Jags beat the SB Champs Giants for god sake.
    I'd bet that the haters never even saw the Jets first preseason game

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I'd bet that the haters never even saw the Jets first preseason game
    I love when people get worked up over preseason games- either positively or negatively. For me all I care about is coming out of preseason healthy. The other stuff is meaningless. I think when I really learned preseason doesn't matter was a teenager in 1992 when we went 5-0 w/ browning Nagle as our starting QB then won 4 games total in the 16 reg season games.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Mark Sanchez throwing 26 TD's last year with that group of receivers was the most impressive feat by any quarterback in the league last year. I guarantee he'd throw 35 TD's if he had a receiver like Calvin Johnson.

Give Matthew Stafford Sanchez's group of receivers and I doubt he'd throw 26 TD's.
    Yikes. Still holding on to that pre-draft evaluation with all your might, aren't you?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I love when people get worked up over preseason games- either positively or negatively. For me all I care about is coming out of preseason healthy. The other stuff is meaningless. I think when I really learned preseason doesn't matter was a teenager in 1992 when we went 5-0 w/ browning Nagle as our starting QB then won 4 games total in the 16 reg season games.
    I know. I don't think WV was talking about the preseason though. He briefly mentioned it but most of his rant was towards the Jets of the last few years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I know. I don't think WV was talking about the preseason though. He briefly mentioned it but most of his rant was towards the Jets of the last few years.
    Somebody gets it.

Well, Im sure Junc gets it too, he just likes throwing up that stupid defense of "its only a preseason game".

Nobody gives a **** about what happened in that preseason game the other night. Not what Im talking about.

What Im talking about is looking up and down your roster and seeing that it ****ing BLOWS. Im looking at your mouth breather HC who loves to talk about "ground and pound" and seeing that you dont have a RB on your roster worth much of a **** outside of Greene who is mediocre at best and injury prone. The guy is a good complementary back. He isnt a workhorse.

Im looking at your OL that was total **** last season and looks to be again. There have been absolutely NO IMPROVEMENTS.

Im looking at the fact you lost a big time WR and have absolutely NOTHING behind Holmes who is a ticking time bomb.

Im looking at the fact your team is planning to throw Tim Tebow into the mix at QB for reasons that make no sense at all other than to **** up your starting QB that for some reason your fans and coaches love to **** all over despite the fact he is one of the few talents you actually have.

And the biggest key Im looking at is you brought in TONY SPARANO to run the whole ****ing thing. EPIC DISASTER. Your OL was already bad. Trust me, wait to you get Tony in there turning the screws. Your untalented lineman wont know where the **** they are going to play week to week.

You add all of this up and it equals a colossal failure on offense.

Your defense was decent but highly overrated. If it werent for Revis, your defense would get lit up week to week. There is no consistant QB pressure even when blitzing on the reg. You make the offense worse than it was last season and all of the sudden it puts even more pressure on that defense to perform. The terrible offense will in turn make your defense even worse.

Its a recipe for a 4 or 5 win season. I cant ****ing wait.

P.S. Whoever said something about Keller being the 3rd best TE in the conference...... GET REAL. I think you meant 3rd best TE in the division. Gronk and Hernandez..... no argument. No way Keller is better than Antonio Gates. Also, dont sleep on the production Clay might have for us this season in the passing game. Dustin Keller is a good player, but settle down. He isnt going to carry your whole offense and make them a real threat to score 30 a game.

**** the Jests. Im out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Somebody gets it.

Well, Im sure Junc gets it too, he just likes throwing up that stupid defense of "its only a preseason game".

Nobody gives a **** about what happened in that preseason game the other night. Not what Im talking about.

What Im talking about is looking up and down your roster and seeing that it ****ing BLOWS. Im looking at your mouth breather HC who loves to talk about "ground and pound" and seeing that you dont have a RB on your roster worth much of a **** outside of Greene who is mediocre at best and injury prone. The guy is a good complementary back. He isnt a workhorse.

Im looking at your OL that was total **** last season and looks to be again. There have been absolutely NO IMPROVEMENTS.

Im looking at the fact you lost a big time WR and have absolutely NOTHING behind Holmes who is a ticking time bomb.

Im looking at the fact your team is planning to throw Tim Tebow into the mix at QB for reasons that make no sense at all other than to **** up your starting QB that for some reason your fans and coaches love to **** all over despite the fact he is one of the few talents you actually have.

And the biggest key Im looking at is you brought in TONY SPARANO to run the whole ****ing thing. EPIC DISASTER. Your OL was already bad. Trust me, wait to you get Tony in there turning the screws. Your untalented lineman wont know where the **** they are going to play week to week.

You add all of this up and it equals a colossal failure on offense.

Your defense was decent but highly overrated. If it werent for Revis, your defense would get lit up week to week. There is no consistant QB pressure even when blitzing on the reg. You make the offense worse than it was last season and all of the sudden it puts even more pressure on that defense to perform. The terrible offense will in turn make your defense even worse.

Its a recipe for a 4 or 5 win season. I cant ****ing wait.

P.S. Whoever said something about Keller being the 3rd best TE in the conference...... GET REAL. I think you meant 3rd best TE in the division. Gronk and Hernandez..... no argument. No way Keller is better than Antonio Gates. Also, dont sleep on the production Clay might have for us this season in the passing game. Dustin Keller is a good player, but settle down. He isnt going to carry your whole offense and make them a real threat to score 30 a game.

**** the Jests. Im out.
    Yet up and down the roster we are better are nearly every position than you guys so if we suck what does that say about Miami?

You are basing the look of our Ol on 2 series in the 1st preseason game
    You are basing the WRs w/o our top 2 returning guys playing on 2 series in the 1st preseason game

Tebow isn't going to play QB, he's going to be our WC guy, he's going to run out of base sets, he will be on STs,...- he's a weapon and we plan to use that weapon.

Tony Sparano was nevre your OC, did you know that highly respected offensive mind Sean payton wanted to bring Tony to NO to be his OC?

Our OL was mediocre to bad LAST year, it will be better this year.

Our D was not great last year, it was mediocre but Rex is back to calling the D(he didn't last year), we added another young DL, speed at LB, a slimmed down Scott, the return of Thomas, upgraded the safeties. This could be the best D we have had under rex.

I would bet anything I have we won't have a 4-5 win season barring losing half the team to injuries by week 4.

Keller is the 3rd best TE in the division, I don't know where he ranks in the conference and I don't care. he's a productive guy for us and will help this offense be a mid of the pack O which is all we need w/ our D.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yet up and down the roster we are better are nearly every position than you guys so if we suck what does that say about Miami?
    Uh, doesn't say anything if your coach can't do much with it.

Sounds to me like the Jets will rely heavily on the Tebow and the Wildcat.

Rex doesn't get it. That ground and pound bull**** isn't going to work. "We have to get back to running the football."

Good luck with that in a pass-happy league designed for big yards thru the air.

Rex reminds me of the 50+ year-old hippie guy with the pony tail smoking pot with all the young kids at the Nickeback show. Still wearing his faded Rush t-shirt from his 20's.

That Wildcat is hot trash. Yeah, it was cool for a minute or two and you can fool some teams here and there with it if you catch them off guard. But we wore out its welcome.

But you can't rely on it to be and large part of your offense. I'm not saying that the Jets will use the Wildcat more than half the time, but I think they're going to run it too much. The Jets are WASTING Mark Sanchez. They've shown no faith in him since drafting him and you keep telling us how he's just as good as two-time Super Bowl champion, Eli the great Manning.

But please, carry on with your stories of how the Jets made the playoffs or something.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Uh, doesn't say anything if your coach can't do much with it.

Sounds to me like the Jets will rely heavily on the Tebow and the Wildcat.

Rex doesn't get it. That ground and pound bull**** isn't going to work. "We have to get back to running the football."

Good luck with that in a pass-happy league designed for big yards thru the air.

Rex reminds me of the 50+ year-old hippie guy with the pony tail smoking pot with all the young kids at the Nickeback show. Still wearing his faded Rush t-shirt from his 20's.

That Wildcat is hot trash. Yeah, it was cool for a minute or two and you can fool some teams here and there with it if you catch them off guard. But we wore out its welcome.

But you can't rely on it to be and large part of your offense. I'm not saying that the Jets will use the Wildcat more than half the time, but I think they're going to run it too much. The Jets are WASTING Mark Sanchez. They've shown no faith in him since drafting him and you keep telling us how he's just as good as two-time Super Bowl champion, Eli the great Manning.

But please, carry on with your stories of how the Jets made the playoffs or something.
    Running teams have been in title games the last 3 years and the difference in those games wasn't the pass games(except for maybe our game vs. Indy in '09).

We will not be running the WC all the time but Tebow will be a big part of our team.

Sanchez is having his best camp, he's going to have a good year and Tebow will help.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ute-prep-time/

So the Jets traded 2 draft picks and brought in Tebow for a QB controversy because they want opposing teams to have to waste time preparing for the Wildcat?

Yeah, that worked out so well for Miami the last couple of years, didn't it? Sparano is the dumbest coach in the NFL.
    I think the Jests need smarter coaches and/or smarter players:
    Pettine knows from experience. He told Mehta that, when the Jets prepared to face Tebow’s Broncos in 2011, the Jets spent so much time getting ready to defend Tebow’s read-option that there wasn’t enough time to practice defending the two-minute drill.
    The Pats, Bills, and Chiefs didn't seem to have that problem.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote