Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 32 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -311
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Great teams win SBs, usually multiple SBs.

I would say Ari was elite in Whisenhunt's first 3 years which included 2 playoff apps, 1 SB app, 1 title game app and 4 playoff wins. they couldn't keep it up b/c Warner retired but w/o a doubt they were an elite team the first 3 years overall of the Whisenhunt era.

in your world what do you have to do to be considered elite? win multiple SBs? to me the elite teams are the best teams in the league, not THE best team. THE best team is the SB champ. being top 2 in your conference 2 of 3 years and top 4 in the league 2 of 3 years is elite.
    Using your logic (and the English dictionary):

elite = greatest (from the dictionary)
    greatest > great (from the dictionary)
    SB win = great (according to you)
    Don't make the SB = elite (according to you)

therefore:

Don't make SB > SB win (according to your logic) ???

Now do you realize why nobody can understand what the heck you are saying? Unlike you, I actually count the regular season games. The Jets have not won a division title over that stretch. I wouldn't hang my hat on one decent season (2010) and call my team elite. Making the conf championship does not make them a top 4 team. To think that, you'd have to assume that the best team wins every single game and THAT SIMPLY ISN'T TRUE. It is not uncommon for a lesser team to beat a better team. They even have a saying for it - "That's why they play the games!"

Everybody except for you seems to realize this.....
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -312
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you are playing w/ words, elite means select few, one of the best,... there isn't one definition where it just means "greatest". You know what I mean but can't agree b/c it gives earned credit to a team you hate.
    Quote Quote  

3. -313
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you are playing w/ words, elite means select few, one of the best,... there isn't one definition where it just means "greatest". You know what I mean but can't agree b/c it gives earned credit to a team you hate.
    No it is giving undue credit to a team I hate.....

Do you think the best team from each conference makes it to the SB every year?
    Quote Quote  

4. -314
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    No I understood your point and pretty much agreed with it. I don't know how Rex would adjust. Probably put Cro on #2 as usual while doubling the #1 WR with Wilson and safety or someone else. That would be Jets best bet IMO. Cro is good enough to handle #2 WRs. Wilson obviously isn't ready to handle #1 WRs, but the safety help can make it work.
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Not only in regards to how the D will perform without him, but the how the Jets will handle him this next off season. You would think that the Jets would have the advantage with Revis coming off of a major injury, but something tells me that Revis is not the type to give an injury discount. Will the Jets let him play out the final year of his deal to see how he has recovered, and risk losing him in free agency? Remember, they can not place the franchise tag on him as long as he shows up for mandatory team activities. If the Jets struggle, will Tannembaum get fired? Will a new GM not want to pay over 16 million per season to a guy coming off an injury and listen to trade offers? Will the Jets do fine without him making the GM stand firm on an offer Revis doesn't like? There are a lot of different ways this can all play out and it will be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    You answered ur own question. Its not an excuse. It would be reasoning. As season goes along, we'll find out how good the D is without its best player. If the D still plays great (highly unlikely) and Jets still end up winning 7 games, it would be clear that the D wasn't the issue. I still think Jets can win 9 games. I predicted a 10-6 record prior to the start of the season. I predicted wins against Bills and Dolphins while a loss against Steelers. I predicted losses against the 49ers and the Texans in the next two matchups. Wins against Rams, Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Seahawks, Cards, Colts and Jags. Thats 8 more wins I predicted and I think those were rather safe bets with Jets losing maybe one or two of those games now without Revis.
    It is still an excuse. Whether it would be valid or not remains to be seen. I said Junc would have an excuse for why the Jets would not be elite this year. If a Jets fan says the Jets would have been elite had Revis has not gotten injured, I would call that an invalid excuse. I don't think it was unrealistic for the Jets to be able to win 9 games with Revis. Without him, I'm not sure where 7 more wins will come from. I see 4 games in your list that the Jets should definitely win. The Bills, Dolphins, Seahawks and Cardinals will all be tough games. Even if the Jets manage to pull out 9 games, I'm not sure that will be enough for a WC spot this year.

You are making too much of the comment, I didn't say our season would end exactly as the '10 season ended, I said we'd have a similar season. Teams are elite based on what they do in jan/Feb.

I didn't say we would or wouldn't be elite this year, that's not really a focus. I just wanted the team to make the playoffs and see what happens which was and still is a very realistic goal.
    No one knows what will happen in the playoffs, so I didn't take your comment to mean that the Jets would make it to and lose another AFCC game. When you claim the 2010 Jets were elite, and then say you expect the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, I take that to mean that you think the Jets will be among the top teams in the AFC. If you didn't think that the Jets would be among the best teams in the AFC this year, then I'll take your word for it. It makes no sense considering that you think the Jets were elite in 2009 and 2010. If you truly believe that, then your expectations for this season should have been high considering that the Jets were coming off a down year. The expectation for elite teams in not to just make the playoffs and see what happens. Those expectations are for teams like Cinci, SD, Det, Dal, ect... If your team is truly elite, the expectations should be higher than that. Anything less than an appearance in the div round of the playoffs would be a major disappointment.
    Quote Quote  

5. -315
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    guess we can lol now
    Quote Quote  

6. -316
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe how bad the Jets are, for all the talk.
    Quote Quote  

7. -317
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets offense looks familiar.

Quote Quote  

8. -318
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even including that ridiculous first win over Buffalo, which I think was more on Wanny than Tony, the Jest have a -28pt differential. In games 2-4, their scoring differential is an impressive -48. Gotta love "The Meatball and The Taco." Doesn't mean we're gonna do well today or the rest of the season, but we'll be in good company with Rex and Chan.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

9. -319
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And to think they actually thought they could compete with San Francisco. Oh well, get ready for the injury excuses instead of the truth. Poorly coached, no QB and a defense that is not nearly as good as they were just 2 short years ago.
    Quote Quote  

10. -320
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    tied for NFL lead in playoff wins
    led AFC in playoff wins
    led NFL in conf title game apps

that's elite
    Is elite not defined as the best of the best? If true, how can they be elite when they can't make the Super Bowl?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Makes Carpenter choking the game last week for the team that much more of a kick to the nuts

Quote Quote