Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 67 of 334 FirstFirst ... 6263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -661
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    The Jests organization is a complete disaster.

I guess you guys missed it today. Reports came out that Rex stated he wouldnt mind being fired if certain changes werent made within the organization. Now he spent the whole afternoon trying to backtrack. Pure damage control.

The fact there are so many leaks within the team is just a prime example of how Rex is in way over his head as a HC. He always has been. He is nothing more than a DC with a big mouth fronting as a HC.

Here are the facts.............

The Jests must decide whether to scrap this whole thing and start over or move forward and give these clowns 1 more year to try and turn it around. Personally, I dont see how changing GMs accomplishes anything. First of all, not many people are going to want to be in that position knowing Rex will be there and they dont have much of an option but to keep Sanchez. That whole situation is a disaster. No way a big time GM would come into that spot. So you dont do yourself any favors by bringing in a candidate not many teams would even hire.

If there is any one piece of the Tannenbaum/Rex combo that must go its obviously Rex. While there are plenty of reasons why Tannebaum could be fired, there are a ton why Rex should be too. Just look at Tannenbaum's performance when Mangini was there as opposed to Rex. This is why I think Ireland has to stay since we didnt fire him with Sparano. If you still dont believe the HC is a huge factor in what players are brought in, youre not paying attention.

While Tannenbaum did goof by giving Sanchez an extention that makes it almost impossible to get rid of him along with several other goofs, its been during Rex's time that the Jests have failed miserably in the personel dept. Rex had one good season and it was with Mangini's players. I dont count the first Rex year as a good season because in my book they went 8-8.

Both Rex and Tannenbaum have 2 years left on their contracts. Sanchez is almost unmovable this offseason. Trading him is impossible and cutting him is a huge cap hit. They almost have to go one more year with these clowns. Good luck bringing in a quality OC that knows he will be dealing with this group.

Personally if I were Woody Johnson, Id scrap it all and start over. Next year is going to be a disaster anyway they go.

IMHO Rex is the one that needs to go most. He is a clown. He cant run a team. He has leaks all over the place. He just isnt a good coach. Thats why he lets Sparano destroy the offense. In that Titans game during one of Sparano's blunders, the team was disorganized and had to call TO to avoid a delay of game penalty. While all of this was going on, Rex of course was on the sidelines having a chat with Bart Scott, completely unaware of what was happening. That really sums it up.

But, I hope they mess things up worse. The longer they go on with Rex, the bigger the hole to climb out of. Im going to enjoy seeing them battle the Bills for the cellar every year.
    this is where my belief that GMs and Coaches being more like partners than anything else help. This is not a support Ireland comment, but as I said many times, it was obvious with Sparano that he really did not know how to evaluate college players to draft. For all of Mangini's faults especially while in Cleveland (where he sold his assets low) he and Tannenbaum did work well together. With Rex, they go after a lot of loudmouths
    Quote Quote  

2. -662
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sanchez strikes again
    Quote Quote  

3. -663
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if the Dolphins finish ahead of the Jets or not. Especially when both teams end up with a losing record. All the jabbing should be in fun, but debating Junc has become like playing a game with a kid who makes up the rules as you play the game. All that matters is that the Jets were still in the playoff race and Miami was not....until the Jets were eliminated and Miami was the one who was mathematically alive. That doesn't count because they really didn't stand a chance.

The Jets whipped NE and NE only made it look close with garbage time scores because they never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead. The Jets game the very next week against Pitt was close because they didn't score garbage time TDs. When the Jets score garbage time TDs, they are called scoring points when they needed the points the most. Never mind that the Jets never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead just like NE.

The 03 Dolphins were fake playoff contenders because they were 2 games back with 2 games to go, but the Jets earned their spot in 02 when they were.....wait for it....... 2 games back with 2 games to go. It doesn't matter that the only difference was one team got the help they needed and the other team didn't.

The Jets never would have attempted a 52 yard FG against the Rams in OT if Buff had beat the Steelers. Never mind the direct quote from the players and the head coach who said that he was playing to win the game and wouldn't have changed anything had Buff won. Coaches lie all the time.....Except for Rex Ryan when he has to deny that when he considered the grim circumstances -- the roster, the quarterback situation, the salary cap, etc. -- that he remarked that he'd be better off getting fired.
    All true. Being a guy in his mid 30s you have to wonder what his goal in life is.

Quote Quote  

4. -664
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sancheeze with another turnover-for-a-touchdown... fantastic
    Quote Quote  

5. -665
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fitting that Brad Smith lines up in the WC and scores.
    Quote Quote  

6. -666
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    6-10
    Quote Quote  

7. -667
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Cellar dweller Jests.

I predicted a 4 or 5 win season. Pretty much dead on. The Jests got so lucky to beat us in that first game.

The Jests played like the worst team in football down the stretch. Capping the season in a fury of fist pumps to be BLOWN OUT by the BUFFALO BILLS!

First two drives of the game..... Jests ran 8 straight times, moving the ball on Buffalo's terrible D. Then they passed twice in a row..... 2 complete misses by Sanchez and they settle for a fist pump. Drive 2.... Sanchez throws a pick 6 right to a LB deep in his own territory.

The Jests are one giant buttfumble of an organization.
    Quote Quote  

8. -668
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Well. So much for finishing in front of the Dolphins. Gotta love how we are going forward while the Jets are backing up further into the sewers of New York. I can say, I am pleased with this season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -669
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So what happened to Miami still looking up at the Jets there Junc?
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

10. -670
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's all over for you now, nyjunk.

All of your crutches have been taken away. Your armor made of excuses has been shattered.

Your "team" is 110% dog ****. Dog ****, dude, dog ****. No other way to explain it. The Jets ****ing suck something awful.

The nonsense you said about Sparano being less conservative...lol...dude is out of another job. Laughable.

I guess you can tell us all about how the Bills just bent you over...yet you finished ahead of them in the division on some kind or butt****ing retarded technicality that only you care about.

Jets get a higher draft pick. I guess they're the real winners in the eyes of junk.

Best thread of 2012 without question.

Quote Quote