Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 98 of 323 FirstFirst ... 93949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -971
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    bad plays happen, that play was in the furst half. They eventually went up 17-7.
    they are supposed to score every possession?
    he got them back w/in a TD, the D allowed Oak to run clock and score.
    Not every posession, but when the D or STs gives you the ball on the opponents 27 yard line, I expect a QB to take advantage of that, not turn the ball over. It should have been a larger lead than 17-7. When the Raiders tied it, I expect a QB to put some point on the board after the D holds them to a 3 and out, not turn the ball over on downs in long FG range. You can't ignore all the bad things Sanchez did and just focus on 1 drive the D allowed. I didn't say this game was all on Sanchez, but iyou can't place more blame on the D and STs when they did so much to keep the Jets in it.

Awesome but the D allowed 30 pts and when the O got it w/in 6 the D allowed a long drive to end it.
    The O never would have gotten it to within 6 without the D and STs putting the O in great spots. 3 and outs will kill a D and the Jets O had 6 of them in that game.

It was a bad TO bt that measn the D should allw NE to go 80 yds in a minute?
    No, but it doesn't take away the fact that it never happens if Sanchez doesn't make a dumb decision. That is all on Sanchez.

they allowed a QB who can't throw to go 95 yds in the final minutes.
    So? That doesn't erase the D taking 3 points off the board. That doesn't excuse Sanchez for giving them 7 points. That doesn't excuse Sanchez for only leading the O to 3 points once the game was tied. It doesn't excuse Sanchez for going 3 and out with 7 minutes left in the game. (on the Denver 47 no less) Again, you are ignoring all bad plays that Sanchez had that cost them the game and only focusing on 1 drive the D allowed. Give me a break! This one is all on Sanchez.

it wasn't sanchez's fumble, nothing he could do about that and the INT later wasn't his fault as it went off Holmes hands.
    I don't blame Sanchez alone for this loss.

99 yds on 3rd and 10 was a game changer and season changer. The Giants were pretty much a dead team to that point, it changed everything.
    I'm just going to copy and paste my last reply to this one.

That was a big play for the Giants, but there was a lot of football left to play with the score only 10-7. What did the O do when the D held the Giants on their next 3 drives? Sanchez and the O had four chances to tie or take the lead and did nothing. Down 13 and on the Giants 1, he turned it over with a fumble. The D gets the ball back with an interception and gives the O the ball on the Giants 11, which led to a score and cut the lead to 6. The Jets D holds again and gives the ball back to the Jets O only down 6 and they go 3 and out. The D holds again only down 6 with a little over 2 minutes and Sanchez has a saftey. The game was over at that point. Sanchez deserves more blame in this loss than the D and STs.

Again, this one is not all on Sanchez, but you can not make the case that the D and STs is more responsible for this loss.

Matt Moore leads a 20+ play drive taking up nearly 13 mins- MATT MOORE. and you didn't even have Bush for that game. That's on the D.
    Again, you can focus on one drive, but that one drive would have been meaningless if not for Sanchez poor play the entire game. That one is on Sanchez alone.

Nowhere did I say mark didn't deserve blame but the D deserved more.
    I think it is clear to anyone who watched those games, that is not the case.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 01-24-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -972
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Not every posession, but when the D or STs gives you the ball on the opponents 27 yard line, I expect a QB to take advantage of that, not turn the ball over. It should have been a larger lead than 17-7. When the Raiders tied it, I expect a QB to put some point on the board after the D holds them to a 3 and out, not turn the ball over on downs in long FG range. You can't ignore all the bad things Sanchez did and just focus on 1 drive the D allowed. I didn't say this game was all on Sanchez, but iyou can't place more blame on the D and STs when they did so much to keep the Jets in it.

The O never would have gotten it to within 6 without the D and STs putting the O in great spots. 3 and outs will kill a D and the Jets O had 6 of them in that game.

No, but it doesn't take away the fact that it never happens if Sanchez doesn't make a dumb decision. That is all on Sanchez.

So? That doesn't erase the D taking 3 points off the board. That doesn't excuse Sanchez for giving them 7 points. That doesn't excuse Sanchez for only leading the O to 3 points once the game was tied. It doesn't excuse Sanchez for going 3 and out with 7 minutes left in the game. (on the Denver 47 no less) Again, you are ignoring all bad plays that Sanchez had that cost them the game and only focusing on 1 drive the D allowed. Give me a break! This one is all on Sanchez.

I don't blame Sanchez alone for this loss.

I'm just going to copy and paste my last reply to this one.

That was a big play for the Giants, but there was a lot of football left to play with the score only 10-7. What did the O do when the D held the Giants on their next 3 drives? Sanchez and the O had four chances to tie or take the lead and did nothing. Down 13 and on the Giants 1, he turned it over with a fumble. The D gets the ball back with an interception and gives the O the ball on the Giants 11, which led to a score and cut the lead to 6. The Jets D holds again and gives the ball back to the Jets O only down 6 and they go 3 and out. The D holds again only down 6 with a little over 2 minutes and Sanchez has a saftey. The game was over at that point. Sanchez deserves more blame in this loss than the D and STs.

Again, this one is not all on Sanchez, but you can not make the case that the D and STs is more responsible for this loss.

Again, you can focus on one drive, but that one drive would have been meaningless if not for Sanchez poor play the entire game. That one is on Sanchez alone.

I think it is clear to anyone who watched those games, that is not the case.
    I don't ignore all the bad, the O gave the D a double digit lead. They blew it.

The O brought the game back w/in a TD, the D blew it.

we had one drive w/ FP in NE territory. Only had one other drive that started beyond NYJ 30 so where are all these examples of the D and STs putting the O in great spots?

How is it all on sanchez? they allowed an 80 yd drive for a Td in a minute and only used 1 TO on the drive.

So? SO? Tebow can't throw and w/ the game on the line they allowed him to lead his O 95 yds in the final minutes, they couldn't even hold them toa FG to give the Jets O a chance.

That 99 yard TD was a game and season changer. I've had the opportunity to speak w/ numerous players from the Giants about that play and they all tell me the same thing. I didn't need them to tell me that, I could tell from afar. The season changed for the Giants w/ that one play.

Mark wasn't playing well but we are a D first team and they D allowed an incredibly long drive to lpose the lead to a bad offensive football team. It was a theme for the D in 2011.

It was crystal clear to anyone who watched the games, the D is why we didn't make the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -973
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

we had one drive w/ FP in NE territory. Only had one other drive that started beyond NYJ 30 so where are all these examples of the D and STs putting the O in great spots?

How is it all on sanchez? they allowed an 80 yd drive for a Td in a minute and only used 1 TO on the drive.

So? SO? Tebow can't throw and w/ the game on the line they allowed him to lead his O 95 yds in the final minutes, they couldn't even hold them toa FG to give the Jets O a chance.

That 99 yard TD was a game and season changer. I've had the opportunity to speak w/ numerous players from the Giants about that play and they all tell me the same thing. I didn't need them to tell me that, I could tell from afar. The season changed for the Giants w/ that one play.

Mark wasn't playing well but we are a D first team and they D allowed an incredibly long drive to lpose the lead to a bad offensive football team. It was a theme for the D in 2011.

It was crystal clear to anyone who watched the games, the D is why we didn't make the playoffs.

Right, and Dan Marino is my homeboy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -974
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Right, and Dan Marino is my homeboy.
    I don't care if you believe me or not and again it doesn't matter if they agreed or not. It's obvious to anyone in that Stadium or watching on TV how that play changed that game and the seasons of both teams.
    Quote Quote  

5. -975
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    The Jests blow.
    Quote Quote  

6. -976
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and I don't care that you don't care if I don't believe you. See how that works?

I don't care if you believe me or not and again it doesn't matter if they agreed or not. It's obvious to anyone in that Stadium or watching on TV how that play changed that game and the seasons of both teams.
    Quote Quote  

7. -977
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    and I don't care that you don't care if I don't believe you. See how that works?
    I don't care that you don't care that I don't care that you don't care. it doesn't change the fact that the season for both teams changed on that 1 play.
    Quote Quote  

8. -978
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Without the many mistakes on O, that probably doesn't happen though. I don't solely blame Sanchez and the O for this loss, but they are just as responsible for the loss as the D.

When NE was on the Jets 10 right before the half, the D picked off Brady. That took at least 3 points off the board and most likely 7. Didn't you debate with me that the Branch fumble was a bad call? I don't agree, but according to you, there was a forced fumble by the D on NE's first drive after the half that got taken away by a bad call. Regardless, now down 17-7 (the O had been doing nothing, going 3 and out 3 times) the STs return the kick to the NE 20. I doubt the Jets O scores without that great FP. That makes it a 17-14 game. The D holds NE to a 3 and out on the very next drive, and what does Sanchez and the O do? They go 3 and out. The D holds again, and the O goes 3 and out again. The O never scored when it was a 1 possession game despite multiple opportunists . It was that way the entire game. The only time the O scored was when it was a double digit lead for NE. When the D held NE when it was a 1 score game, the O goes 3 and out.

Just like it is all on a coach who puts his team in a bad situation. Without the dumb time out, it never happens.

The D gave the O 10 opportunities prior to that drive and the O couldn't do anything. The O had the ball on the Denver 47 with a 3 point lead with 7 minutes left in the game. The O went 3 and out and gave it back to Denver! The O could only score 13 points the whole game while giving 7 points to the other team. That is only a 6 point lead. Because of the Jets O, all Den had to do was score 1 TD for the win. That's pathetic! You want to blame the D because they didn't hold Denver's O to 3 points? That is what it would have taken for the Jets to win because of Sanchez throwing a pick 6 and only leading the O to 13 points.

Sorry Junc! This one is totally on Sanchez.

It changed the season because the O couldn't do anything in a 3 point game. They had 4 opportunities to tie or take the lead in a 3 point game, and did nothing. Down 13 and on the Giants 1 yardline, Sanchez fumbles. The D gives the O the ball right back on the Giants 11 with an Int,a and that leads to a score to make it a 6 point game. The D holds again and all the Jets need is a TD for the win. Sanchez goes 3 and out. The D holds again to give Sanchez 1 more opportunity for a game winning drive and he gives up a safety. The D gave Sanchez 6 opportunities to take the lead, and he failed all 6 times.

You can look at 1 play and blame the D, but I see 6 drives and two huge mistakes by Sanchez that deserves more blame.

Being a D first team is no excuse for mistakes by the QB that cost his team. You are only focusing on 1 drive and ignoring the mistakes Sanchez made.

Up 10-3 the D gives Sanchez the ball near midfield and Sanchez throws a pick which leads to a Miami FG
    After Miami has the long drive and goes up 3, Sanchez throws another pick and give Miami the ball on the Jets 25. The D held Miami to just a FG.
    Down Just 6 points on the Miami 10, Sanchez throws another pick which gets returned to the Jets 36.

I saw all those games with the exeption of the Raider game. Sanchez alone cost the Jets in the Mia, Den and Bal game. The D and STs had issues in other games, but they were not the sole reason the Jets lost. Heck, they even won the Cowboy game on their own. Even if you didn't watch the games, you can read my post which state the facts, and it is clear who the blame should fall on.
    Quote Quote  

9. -979
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Without the many mistakes on O, that probably doesn't happen though. I don't solely blame Sanchez and the O for this loss, but they are just as responsible for the loss as the D.

When NE was on the Jets 10 right before the half, the D picked off Brady. That took at least 3 points off the board and most likely 7. Didn't you debate with me that the Branch fumble was a bad call? I don't agree, but according to you, there was a forced fumble by the D on NE's first drive after the half that got taken away by a bad call. Regardless, now down 17-7 (the O had been doing nothing, going 3 and out 3 times) the STs return the kick to the NE 20. I doubt the Jets O scores without that great FP. That makes it a 17-14 game. The D holds NE to a 3 and out on the very next drive, and what does Sanchez and the O do? They go 3 and out. The D holds again, and the O goes 3 and out again. The O never scored when it was a 1 possession game despite multiple opportunists . It was that way the entire game. The only time the O scored was when it was a double digit lead for NE. When the D held NE when it was a 1 score game, the O goes 3 and out.

Just like it is all on a coach who puts his team in a bad situation. Without the dumb time out, it never happens.

The D gave the O 10 opportunities prior to that drive and the O couldn't do anything. The O had the ball on the Denver 47 with a 3 point lead with 7 minutes left in the game. The O went 3 and out and gave it back to Denver! The O could only score 13 points the whole game while giving 7 points to the other team. That is only a 6 point lead. Because of the Jets O, all Den had to do was score 1 TD for the win. That's pathetic! You want to blame the D because they didn't hold Denver's O to 3 points? That is what it would have taken for the Jets to win because of Sanchez throwing a pick 6 and only leading the O to 13 points.

Sorry Junc! This one is totally on Sanchez.

It changed the season because the O couldn't do anything in a 3 point game. They had 4 opportunities to tie or take the lead in a 3 point game, and did nothing. Down 13 and on the Giants 1 yardline, Sanchez fumbles. The D gives the O the ball right back on the Giants 11 with an Int,a and that leads to a score to make it a 6 point game. The D holds again and all the Jets need is a TD for the win. Sanchez goes 3 and out. The D holds again to give Sanchez 1 more opportunity for a game winning drive and he gives up a safety. The D gave Sanchez 6 opportunities to take the lead, and he failed all 6 times.

You can look at 1 play and blame the D, but I see 6 drives and two huge mistakes by Sanchez that deserves more blame.

Being a D first team is no excuse for mistakes by the QB that cost his team. You are only focusing on 1 drive and ignoring the mistakes Sanchez made.

Up 10-3 the D gives Sanchez the ball near midfield and Sanchez throws a pick which leads to a Miami FG
    After Miami has the long drive and goes up 3, Sanchez throws another pick and give Miami the ball on the Jets 25. The D held Miami to just a FG.
    Down Just 6 points on the Miami 10, Sanchez throws another pick which gets returned to the Jets 36.

I saw all those games with the exeption of the Raider game. Sanchez alone cost the Jets in the Mia, Den and Bal game. The D and STs had issues in other games, but they were not the sole reason the Jets lost. Heck, they even won the Cowboy game on their own. Even if you didn't watch the games, you can read my post which state the facts, and it is clear who the blame should fall on.
    They took points off the board, that's great. NE also started that drive at their own 7 and took away any chance the Jets O had to score late int he half. NE got the 2nd half KO and scored a TD to go up 17-7. That doesn't absolve them from allowing 30 and allowing NE to melt the clock and score to seal it late.

Of course it still happens, they went 80 yds in a minute w/ 1 TO when they had 2 left. If they use 1 NE still has the 1 they wound up using.

The O stunk, sanchez stunk but they allowed Tim Tebow to go NINETY FIVE yards in the final minutes.

near 13 min 20+ play drive to Matt Moore.

@Oak: STs/D
    @Bal: Sanchez
    @NE: D
    vs. NE: D
    @Den: Sanchez, D
    @Phi: D
    NYG: D
    @Mia: O, D
    Quote Quote  

10. -980
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    They took points off the board, that's great. NE also started that drive at their own 7 and took away any chance the Jets O had to score late int he half. NE got the 2nd half KO and scored a TD to go up 17-7. That doesn't absolve them from allowing 30 and allowing NE to melt the clock and score to seal it late.
    There was only 3 minutes left in the half! Sanchez had 4 opportunities before that to do something and they went 3 and out 3 out of the 5 drives they had in the first half. The D took points off the board and then the STs helped put points on the board returning a kick to the NE 20. Sanchez was given multiple opportunities to score when it was a 1 score game and couldn't get it done. Sanchez and the O had a total of 11 drives the whole game. He went 3 and out (6) times. That is going 3 and out 54% of the time.

You continue to focus on 1 drive the D allowed after the Jets O scored when it was a 2 possession game. What about all the other times the D held when it was a 1 possession game (mostly because of the STs) and the O did nothing? The D and O get equal blame for this loss.

Of course it still happens, they went 80 yds in a minute w/ 1 TO when they had 2 left. If they use 1 NE still has the 1 they wound up using.
    NE wasn't going to call a time out. The Jets second down play was over at around 1:46. If NE was going to call a time out, they would have done it right after the play ended. Sanchez called the time out at 1:24. It gave NE 17 extra seconds and preserved their 2 time outs. NE scored with 17 seconds left on the clock, so without the extra 17 seconds that Sanchez saved them, they most likely do not score a TD. You can blame the D, but they put 2 points on the board while the O gave NE 7 and only scored 14. That isn't going to cut it. They both deserve blame for this one.

The O stunk, sanchez stunk but they allowed Tim Tebow to go NINETY FIVE yards in the final minutes.
    Yeah, that's bad. But not as bad as the O only scoring 13 while giving Denver 7.

near 13 min 20+ play drive to Matt Moore.
    Careful, you might be talking about your starting QB next year. That's 1 drive! The D held Miami to 9 points when Sanchez threw 3 picks that gave Miami the ball already in FG range. 1 of Sanchez' picks was on the Mia 10 yardline in a 6 point game which took at least 3 point away from the Jets and gave 3 to Miami. Other than the 1 long drive, the Jets D held Miami to 3 points when they weren't given the ball already in FG range thanks to Sanchez. This one is on Sanchez and it is not debatable.

@Oak: STs/D
    @NE: D
    vs. NE: D
    @Den: Sanchez, D
    @Phi: D
    NYG: D
    @Mia: O, D
    @Oak: STs/D/Sanchez
    @NE: D/O ----- 6 out of their 11 drives were 3 and out.
    vs. NE: D/Sanchez ---- 2 picks and one was a pick 6. O only scored 14 points.
    @Den: Sanchez ----- Scored 13 and threw a pick 6.
    @Phi: D/O --- I don't care if you want to blame the D for this one as it was a blow out, but the O put points on the board for Philly and started the snow ball.
    NYG: Sanchez ------ The D gave Sanchez6 opportunities to take the lead
    @Mia: Sanchez ---- 3 picks that led to Miami scores (1 taking points off the board for the Jets) versus 1 drive the D allowed.

That is 4 losses on Sanchez. The Jets missed the playoffs by 2 games. He cost them in 2011 and cost them a shot in 2012. Want to take a poll?
    Quote Quote