Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 99 of 505 FirstFirst ... 949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -981
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

JEST PEST

Whats the first thing a Jets fan does after his team wins the superbowl?

Turns off his playstation.
    Quote Quote  

2. -982
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More good news from the Jets!

By Gregg Rosenthal

Published: January 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    Modified: January 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is fond of referring to Darrelle Revis as the best defensive player in the NFL. It should be no surprise that Ryan reportedly wants to keep his cornerback.

My old boss, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, reported Thursday that Ryan doesn't want to trade Revis. The cornerback is coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and has only one year left on his contract, so Jets owner Woody Johnson has made it clear he wants to explore all options with Revis.

To recap: The owner might want to trade the team's best player. The coach wants to keep him. The general manager, who was just hired, is caught in the middle. The coach and general manager don't know each other.

On top of all that, Johnson wasn't exactly effusive in his praise of Ryan to prospective general managers in interviews. Former Denver Broncos executive Ted Sundquist interviewed with the Jets and said Johnson's wildly supportive news conference of Ryan was not reflective of the owner's feelings behind closed doors.

"I think Mr. Johnson realizes there are weaknesses and deficiencies there," Sundquist told ESPNNewYork.com. "He was adamant about how the players love Rex, their connection with him. But then he was like, 'That said ... ' -- and he listed X, Y and Z, the things Rex needs to improve upon."

Ryan has two years left on his contract. Revis has one. It wouldn't be a shock if they both work elsewhere in 2014.
    Quote Quote  

3. -983
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rex enjoyed the same kind of illusory success that Sparano had - well maybe a little more although he gets no credit from me for a postseason based on charity after taking Mangini's 9-7 team (maybe even better than that if The Diva hadn't gotten injured) and turning it into a 7-7-2 team losing 6 out of 7 at one stretch including beating teams with a cumulative sub .400 winning percentage (less than .320 at the time the jest beat them).

Both Tony and Rex were/are in over their head coaching heads. It's more than telling that when he hired Tony, Rex described him as a doppleganger of himself! He's a great DC (although also basking in the residual auras of Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan) but (as I observed early on and maintain even more so now), Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing risking losing an effective DC by bypassing him to go outside and hire a position coach as the Ravens new HC.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -984
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Rex enjoyed the same kind of illusory success that Sparano had - well maybe a little more although he gets no credit from me for a postseason based on charity after taking Mangini's 9-7 team (maybe even better than that if The Diva hadn't gotten injured) and turning it into a 7-7-2 team losing 6 out of 7 at one stretch including beating teams with a cumulative sub .400 winning percentage (less than .320 at the time the jest beat them).

Both Tony and Rex were/are in over their head coaching heads. It's more than telling that when he hired Tony, Rex described him as a doppleganger of himself! He's a great DC (although also basking in the residual auras of Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan) but (as I observed early on and maintain even more so now), Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing risking losing an effective DC by bypassing him to go outside and hire a position coach as the Ravens new HC.
    Rex is elite. The Jets are elite.

Quote Quote  

5. -985
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    More good news from the Jets!

By Gregg Rosenthal

Published: January 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    Modified: January 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is fond of referring to Darrelle Revis as the best defensive player in the NFL. It should be no surprise that Ryan reportedly wants to keep his cornerback.

My old boss, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, reported Thursday that Ryan doesn't want to trade Revis. The cornerback is coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and has only one year left on his contract, so Jets owner Woody Johnson has made it clear he wants to explore all options with Revis.

To recap: The owner might want to trade the team's best player. The coach wants to keep him. The general manager, who was just hired, is caught in the middle. The coach and general manager don't know each other.

On top of all that, Johnson wasn't exactly effusive in his praise of Ryan to prospective general managers in interviews. Former Denver Broncos executive Ted Sundquist interviewed with the Jets and said Johnson's wildly supportive news conference of Ryan was not reflective of the owner's feelings behind closed doors.

"I think Mr. Johnson realizes there are weaknesses and deficiencies there," Sundquist told ESPNNewYork.com. "He was adamant about how the players love Rex, their connection with him. But then he was like, 'That said ... ' -- and he listed X, Y and Z, the things Rex needs to improve upon."

Ryan has two years left on his contract. Revis has one. It wouldn't be a shock if they both work elsewhere in 2014.
    I think Rex gets a pass in 2013 due to rebuilding the roster. The Jets wont contend unless the play way above their capability and Woody will keep Rex for 2014 when they have more pucks and cap space. Additionally, my thoughts are that Woody leaked the trade idea about Revis to prepare the fanbase if Idzik can find a trade partner. Imagine if Idzik traded Revis with no prior announcement wouls cause a massive revolt against the new guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -986
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    There was only 3 minutes left in the half! Sanchez had 4 opportunities before that to do something and they went 3 and out 3 out of the 5 drives they had in the first half. The D took points off the board and then the STs helped put points on the board returning a kick to the NE 20. Sanchez was given multiple opportunities to score when it was a 1 score game and couldn't get it done. Sanchez and the O had a total of 11 drives the whole game. He went 3 and out (6) times. That is going 3 and out 54% of the time.

You continue to focus on 1 drive the D allowed after the Jets O scored when it was a 2 possession game. What about all the other times the D held when it was a 1 possession game (mostly because of the STs) and the O did nothing? The D and O get equal blame for this loss.

NE wasn't going to call a time out. The Jets second down play was over at around 1:46. If NE was going to call a time out, they would have done it right after the play ended. Sanchez called the time out at 1:24. It gave NE 17 extra seconds and preserved their 2 time outs. NE scored with 17 seconds left on the clock, so without the extra 17 seconds that Sanchez saved them, they most likely do not score a TD. You can blame the D, but they put 2 points on the board while the O gave NE 7 and only scored 14. That isn't going to cut it. They both deserve blame for this one.

Yeah, that's bad. But not as bad as the O only scoring 13 while giving Denver 7.

Careful, you might be talking about your starting QB next year. That's 1 drive! The D held Miami to 9 points when Sanchez threw 3 picks that gave Miami the ball already in FG range. 1 of Sanchez' picks was on the Mia 10 yardline in a 6 point game which took at least 3 point away from the Jets and gave 3 to Miami. Other than the 1 long drive, the Jets D held Miami to 3 points when they weren't given the ball already in FG range thanks to Sanchez. This one is on Sanchez and it is not debatable.

@Oak: STs/D/Sanchez
    @Bal: Sanchez
    @NE: D/O ----- 6 out of their 11 drives were 3 and out.
    vs. NE: D/Sanchez ---- 2 picks and one was a pick 6. O only scored 14 points.
    @Den: Sanchez ----- Scored 13 and threw a pick 6.
    @Phi: D/O --- I don't care if you want to blame the D for this one as it was a blow out, but the O put points on the board for Philly and started the snow ball.
    NYG: Sanchez ------ The D gave Sanchez6 opportunities to take the lead
    @Mia: Sanchez ---- 3 picks that led to Miami scores (1 taking points off the board for the Jets) versus 1 drive the D allowed.

That is 4 losses on Sanchez. The Jets missed the playoffs by 2 games. He cost them in 2011 and cost them a shot in 2012. Want to take a poll?
    awesome, when the O got it w/in 6 the D allowed NE to milk the clock and end it w/ a FG. even after the TO the D allowed NE an 80 yd TD drive in 4 plays to open the 2nd half.

NE had an 80 yd drive in a minute using 1 TO. Sanchez goofed w/o a doubt, that's not an excuse to allow NE to go 80 yds in a minute and change that game.

allowing Tebow to go 95 yds in the final minutes is worse than anything the O has done the last 2 years.

I would love Moore b/c it would mean mark would be starting next year.

Mark was terrible the last 3 games but that doesn't absolve the D from their game and season changing moments.

There's ONE loss where mark was the primary reason, others where he contributed but if our D plays well we easily make the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -987
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I would love Moore b/c it would mean mark would be starting next year.
    I really hope you get your wish...nothing would benifit the fins more than having Sanchez starting next year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -988

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

Fact: From '10 week 13 (even including 2 post season wins and one conference championship failure) thru week17 2012, Jets record: 18-22
    Fact: Over Last 19 games: Jets 6-13
    Fact: Jets 1-10 vs winning teams on latest "streak"

Fact: Jets 0 Conference Championships, zero minimum 3 wins in playoff season in post merger era, 0 SBs
    Fact: Fins 5 Conference Championships in same era, 2 SB wins

When the first 3 most recent performance-predicated facts are considered, even if you want to give them credit for not losing to the Bengals and Colts meaningless game scrubs in 09 to make it into the playoffs, the reality is that whatever dubious bragging rights may have existed thru January '11, are now but a small blip in a rear view mirror filled with recent "Fail" and certainly helluva lot resonating than is the (no) comparison of the 2 franchises' overriding legacies.
    Quote Quote  

9. -989
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've never met a bigger excuse maker in my life, how many more #s do ou want to skew? How pathetic.

How come no #s from Miami in recent years? I wonder why?

I really, truly feel bad for you.
    Quote Quote  

10. -990

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bottom line: when your team has sucked, even going into the the 10 postseason, with yet another conference game FAIL with nothing but abject mediocrity afterwards - in the perspective of it being a blip in time, it negates any bragging rights. Yeah, I'm the excuse maker - Cruz breaks a 95 yd pass play vs the jest in a mid season 2011 game in the first half, and the Giants go on to nearly double the jest score BUT BUT BUT, if it wasn't for that play, the Giants would never have made the SB and Jets (despite finishing 4-5) would have gone on to make the playoffs..... AND if the jest played in the AFCN, they'd have made the playoffs every year, despite being 1-3 combined vs the Ravens and Steelers since 099. When it comes to hallucinations, Alic in Wonderland has nothing on you.

I would feel sorry for you if you didn't so obviously invite the pumelling- almost 65thousand posts TGG and FH (prob bills and pats too) feeding your OCD.

But note, at this point I am not ALERTING on and/or registering complaints about you, like you do on me and everyone else frequently when you don't like being pwned! (you don't think I KNOW what goes on around here?) Obviously, I can do pretty well when fighting my own battles.
    Quote Quote