Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 280 of 338 FirstFirst ... 275276277278279280281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3379

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

  1. -2791
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,462
    vCash:
    21691
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    You have to learn from past mistakes. The Jets need to learn from what happened with Sanchez.

    I'm not saying Geno cant be the guy,but he needs to sit right now. He has physical gifts, but he's very raw. You can't have blind faith in a QB and give me all this crap about how it takes 2-3 years to grow at the position. Geno has looked terrible since the New England game, he's regressing. If he was mixing in some good games like he was earlier in the season i'd be ok with him still being the QB. But we arent even seeing that anymore. It's all been downhill. That can't be allowed to continue. There is nothing wrong with benching him.

    The Jets are trying to hide him out there. You can't hide your QB and expect to be successful, they did that with Sanchez too, it eventually caught up with them.

    I'd bench him and look to draft a QB next year. Worse comes to worse you have a QB competition in TC. There is nothing wrong with that.

    The biggest argument i've had with other Jets fans about drafting a QB in next years draft is that they hate QB competitions, but you should only not have competition at a position when it's obvious you have your guy. It's not obvious with Geno. Not yet, not even close.

    The Dolphins are a very average team. But the difference between the Jets and Dolphins is at QB. You have a QB who can play. Right now, we don't. The Jets will either win a very close low scoring game if their defense plays great or they will get blown out.

    Right now with Geno at QB, the Jets are not capable of scoring more then 10-13 points.
    The mistake was firing the GM who came in and then had to pick his own QB. W/ mark we are a playoff team this year w/o a doubt. It's frustrating to lose a season b/c of stupidity.

    The Jets NEVER did this w/ Mark, Geno doesn't even look like he belongs on the field right now and they are doing everything they can to not let him throw the football.

    ---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    The Jets are going to have to suck it up and bring back Sanchez next year. I believe he'll restructure to stay a Jet... making Rex and nyjunc very happy.
    I would be thrilled, that would mean we'd have a vet ready to go and wouldn't have to waste another high pick on a QB. w/ the talent we have and the cap room/picks we should be a very good team next year IF we get decent QB play.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2792
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,815
    vCash:
    11849
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    If any backup came in and looked awesome it would most likely crush the recently demoted QB's future with that team. So yes. But thats best case scenario. Cause then we would probably have a QB.
    True. If Simms comes in and doesn't do anything, that's not going to be good.



    Quote Quote  

  3. -2793
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,058
    vCash:
    4393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They say Genos starting.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -2794
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    27204
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geno Smith is bad but he has no talent to work with on offense. This is the same situation that plagued Sanchez and the Jets last year. A not so good QB with no talent to help.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -2795
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,462
    vCash:
    21691
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Geno Smith is bad but he has no talent to work with on offense. This is the same situation that plagued Sanchez and the Jets last year. A not so good QB with no talent to help.
    actually pretty different as we have much more talent to work with and a good OC. we still don't have great talent but we have a lot more. If mark was healthy we are easily the last WC team.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -2796
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,902
    vCash:
    19638
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    I love how this thread is so quiet when the Jets win and then once they lose all the Dolphin fans attack.

    Typical Jets game this season. They've been doing this all year. I'm not really surprised.

    As far as Geno goes, if he continues to play like this and shows no promise down the stretch the Jets will most likely be drafting a QB early anyway. Jets have nothing invested long term in Geno. I hope he succeeds but we will see. Things dont look good for him. He's a rookie so that has to be taken into account but he needs to stop having games like this.

    When it rains, it can't always pour.
    Well duh! Now there is a Jets braniac.
    The name of the thread is a dead give-away.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

  7. -2797
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,902
    vCash:
    19638
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    You have to learn from past mistakes. The Jets need to learn from what happened with Sanchez.

    I'm not saying Geno cant be the guy,but he needs to sit right now. He has physical gifts, but he's very raw. You can't have blind faith in a QB and give me all this crap about how it takes 2-3 years to grow at the position. Geno has looked terrible since the New England game, he's regressing. If he was mixing in some good games like he was earlier in the season i'd be ok with him still being the QB. But we arent even seeing that anymore. It's all been downhill. That can't be allowed to continue. There is nothing wrong with benching him.

    The Jets are trying to hide him out there. You can't hide your QB and expect to be successful, they did that with Sanchez too, it eventually caught up with them.

    I'd bench him and look to draft a QB next year. Worse comes to worse you have a QB competition in TC. There is nothing wrong with that.

    The biggest argument i've had with other Jets fans about drafting a QB in next years draft is that they hate QB competitions, but you should only not have competition at a position when it's obvious you have your guy. It's not obvious with Geno. Not yet, not even close.

    The Dolphins are a very average team. But the difference between the Jets and Dolphins is at QB. You have a QB who can play. Right now, we don't. The Jets will either win a very close low scoring game if their defense plays great or they will get blown out.

    Right now with Geno at QB, the Jets are not capable of scoring more then 10-13 points
    .
    You haven't played the Dolphins yet. We will do the best we can to underscore you.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -2798
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    27204
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    actually pretty different as we have much more talent to work with and a good OC. we still don't have great talent but we have a lot more. If mark was healthy we are easily the last WC team.
    When I look at Sanchez I see a guy who turned the ball over 52 times in 2 seasons. You can blame Sparano for one year not two. MM is no better than Schotty was yet Sanchez turned the ball over in his offense just as much. And you don't have more talent on the offensive side which is a part of why Geno is struggling. Of course being a Sanchez apologist you'll spin anything to convince yourself that he is a good QB. Maybe in your mind he is but in 99% of the population that watches football, he's not. Nor is he in your coaching staffs minds.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -2799
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,462
    vCash:
    21691
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    When I look at Sanchez I see a guy who turned the ball over 52 times in 2 seasons. You can blame Sparano for one year not two. MM is no better than Schotty was yet Sanchez turned the ball over in his offense just as much. And you don't have more talent on the offensive side which is a part of why Geno is struggling. Of course being a Sanchez apologist you'll spin anything to convince yourself that he is a good QB. Maybe in your mind he is but in 99% of the population that watches football, he's not. Nor is he in your coaching staffs minds.
    we don't have a ton of talent but we have a large upgrade from a year ago plus a huge upgrade in OC.

    mark had ONE bad year, those that follow this game closely and watched every play understand what happened last year. he had a ton of TOs 2 years ago but accounted for over 30+ TDs which always seems to be forgotten.

    W/ mark we'd easily make the playoffs this year and the CS knew he was better than geno, the decision to continue the sham competition came from the GM not the coaches.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -2800
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    27204
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we don't have a ton of talent but we have a large upgrade from a year ago plus a huge upgrade in OC.

    mark had ONE bad year, those that follow this game closely and watched every play understand what happened last year. he had a ton of TOs 2 years ago but accounted for over 30+ TDs which always seems to be forgotten.

    W/ mark we'd easily make the playoffs this year and the CS knew he was better than geno, the decision to continue the sham competition came from the GM not the coaches.
    Yes I am sure Idzik has no interest in the Jets winning instead his own agenda is the priority.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. Jets Beat Writer guarantees Jets victory over Dolphins in Week 3
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Thanks Pats* for that BEATDOWN! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
    By GreatBJ#Me in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •