Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 309 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 3085

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

  1. -91
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,535
    vCash:
    17367
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It shouldn't surprise me that you're still asking questions I've already answered months ago. I mentioned all of the elite teams before. You did too. The only different is that you included the Jets in that list. As huge of a coincidence as it was, the Jets were the only team in your list of elite teams that has not won the AFC/NFC Championship and gotten to/won the Super Bowl.
    Your criteria continues to change in order to keep the Jets off the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Because in desperate Jet fans minds being 2nd runner up exceeds their hopes.
    which is better, playing for the right to go to the SB or never making the playoffs?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,004
    vCash:
    17336
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your criteria continues to change in order to keep the Jets off the list.
    As you'd say, "Junc, you're better than that". What you just said is a complete fabrication. The very first thing I ever mentioned in regards to what makes a team elite in my opinion, is that a team needs to win a championship.

    That is first. That is foremost. That is final.

    The Jets have never been elite using my definition. The Dolphins haven't been since the 1970s if ever. The Bills were the ultimate exception in the 90s using my definition b/c they got to the SB four straight years. The Patriots are still elite because they have had successful seasons mixed around their SB wins (and yes I realize they haven't won in a few years).

    My definition has not changed. Let's have the Jets win the Super Bowl this year. Does that make them elite then? They'd be right there in the discussion. They have to WIN it though.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your criteria continues to change in order to keep the Jets off the list.



    which is better, playing for the right to go to the SB or never making the playoffs?
    This discussion has nothing to do with the Dolphins yet you fall back on my dick is bigger then yours. You'll never change nor accept that your team is not what you make them out to be.
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 08-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,535
    vCash:
    17367
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    As you'd say, "Junc, you're better than that". What you just said is a complete fabrication. The very first thing I ever mentioned in regards to what makes a team elite in my opinion, is that a team needs to win a championship.

    That is first. That is foremost. That is final.

    The Jets have never been elite using my definition. The Dolphins haven't been since the 1970s if ever. The Bills were the ultimate exception in the 90s using my definition b/c they got to the SB four straight years. The Patriots are still elite because they have had successful seasons mixed around their SB wins (and yes I realize they haven't won in a few years).

    My definition has not changed. Let's have the Jets win the Super Bowl this year. Does that make them elite then? They'd be right there in the discussion. They have to WIN it though.
    but you just wrote:

    If you were elite, you would have made the playoffs all 3 years and actually gotten to and win the Super Bowl
    I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. This sentence tells me in order to be elite you have to reach the playoffs every year and get to and win a SB. The Giants won a SB but missed 2 of the last 3 postseasons so according to you they must not be elite, right?

    ---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    This discussion has nothing to do with the Dolphins yet you fall back on my dick is bigger then yours. You'll never change not accept that your team is not what you make them out to be.
    I'm just asking the question, you seem to act like 2 title game apps isn't a big deal. Something tells me you wouldn't act like that if the roles were reversed.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,830
    vCash:
    48862
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    so the Giants aren't one of the best since they missed 2 of the last 3 postseasons? they also had trouble winning 9 games 2 of those 3 seasons.

    under rex we have made postseason 67% of the time and won the most playoff games and avanced to the most title games- that's elite.
    The Jets have won playoffs games and advanced further than other teams in 09 and 10, but that does not make them elite. If the Giants lost the NFCC game those years instead of winning the SB, I would not consider them Elite, and neither would you. Winning the Super Bowl 40% of the time in the last 5 seasons makes them elite. Losing 2 AFCCG while struggling to win 9 games 2 out of 3 seasons is not.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,004
    vCash:
    17336
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. This sentence tells me in order to be elite you have to reach the playoffs every year and get to and win a SB. The Giants won a SB but missed 2 of the last 3 postseasons so according to you they must not be elite, right?
    Not dumb, just selectively biased. Note the "get to a win a SB" part of what I said. For the 1,000,001st time, the Jets need to do that in order to be elite.

    ---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Jets have won playoffs games and advanced further than other teams in 09 and 10, but that does not make them elite. If the Giants lost the NFCC game those years instead of winning the SB, I would not consider them Elite, and neither would you. Winning the Super Bowl 40% of the time in the last 5 seasons makes them elite.
    Winning the SB once in the last five and having success afterwards make a team elite too. We can travel back in time and waste 60 more pages of why the Jets aren't elite, I'm all for it.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,535
    vCash:
    17367
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Not dumb, just selectively biased. Note the "get to a win a SB" part of what I said. For the 1,000,001st time, the Jets need to do that in order to be elite.
    Your quote:

    If you were elite, you would have made the playoffs all 3 years and actually gotten to and win the Super Bowl
    Now you are saying it's all baout get to and win a SB? but I thought you had to be a top team for 3 years after the SB? You are all over the place w/ this discussion.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,004
    vCash:
    17336
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I'm just asking the question, you seem to act like 2 title game apps isn't a big deal. Something tells me you wouldn't act like that if the roles were reversed.
    Doing so was a great accomplishment. Them not being able to win either time is undeniable proof they weren't good enough to get to and win the Super Bowl. If you aren't good enough to do that, you aren't elite.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,535
    vCash:
    17367
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Jets have won playoffs games and advanced further than other teams in 09 and 10, but that does not make them elite. If the Giants lost the NFCC game those years instead of winning the SB, I would not consider them Elite, and neither would you. Winning the Super Bowl 40% of the time in the last 5 seasons makes them elite. Losing 2 AFCCG while struggling to win 9 games 2 out of 3 seasons is not.
    If the Giants lost in title games they would have had 2 title game apps, 4 playoff wins in 5 seasons. The Jets have that in THREE seasons. BIG difference.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,004
    vCash:
    17336
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your quote:



    Now you are saying it's all baout get to and win a SB?
    You're just still pissy that not one person agrees with your Jets are elite bull****. You have to win the Super Bowl to even be considered elite. You clearly disagree with me because you keep insisting the Jets are elite.

    but I thought you had to be a top team for 3 years after the SB?
    I said you have to have success and remember, you disagreed with me on that too. The Giants going 30-18 over three years with 1 playoff appearance was success to me but not to you. Who would've thought?

    ---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If the Giants lost in title games they would have had 2 title game apps, 4 playoff wins in 5 seasons. The Jets have that in THREE seasons. BIG difference.
    The only difference of importance between the Giants and Jets is that the Giants have won more SBs in the last five years than the Jets have in their history.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. Jets Beat Writer guarantees Jets victory over Dolphins in Week 3
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Thanks Pats* for that BEATDOWN! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
    By GreatBJ#Me in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •