Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 323 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -101
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If the Giants lost in title games they would have had 2 title game apps, 4 playoff wins in 5 seasons. The Jets have that in THREE seasons. BIG difference.

When it comes to being Elite, there is no difference. Neither would be considered elite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You're just still pissy that not one person agrees with your Jets are elite bull****. You have to win the Super Bowl to even be considered elite. You clearly disagree with me because you keep insisting the Jets are elite.
    I don't care if bitter, jealous div rival fans agree w/ me or not.

The fact that you change the criteria every discussion tells me all I need to know.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Why have 22,385 posts on our site if you don't care what the FH patrons have to say?

The fact that you change the criteria every discussion tells me all I need to know.
    Where's the proof I change the criteria? Do you honestly think I'm a fool who thinks I can get away with lying about my own opinion?

Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We exchange thoughts and opinions here. I learn things sometimes and I help others learn sometimes, the facts back me up here. I can't allow others jealousy to cloud my judgement.

where's the proof? just look at the posts from the last 1/2 hour. You are constantly making new things up.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We exchange thoughts and opinions here. I learn things sometimes and I help others learn sometimes, the facts back me up here. I can't allow others jealousy to cloud my judgement.
    A team being elite isn't a fact. It's all opinion.

where's the proof? just look at the posts from the last 1/2 hour. You are constantly making new things up.
    My #1 reason for the Jets not being elite is clear. You say they are. My comment earlier was if they were elite, in whatever definition you say being elite is which is different that mine, why would they have missed the playoffs last year?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

My definition of elite has never changed. My comment was in reference to your idea of what being elite is. God forbid I'm not 100% clear on this topic and you don't accuse me of lying to strangers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

It has nothing to do with that. I'd say the same about any other team including the Dolphins. The facts are that the Jets made it the the AFCCG in 2009 and 2010. That doesn't make them elite. Just because a team advances further than another team in the playoffs does not automatically make them a better team. Not everyone plays the same opponents. The Jets advanced further than the Ravens 2 out of the last 3 seasons. Are the Jets a better team than the Ravens because of that? The Jets lost to the Colts in the AFCC game in 2009. The Ravens had to play them 1 week earlier in the division round. The Jets lost to the Steelers in AFCCG in 2010. The Ravens had to play them 1 week earlier. Had it been the Jets who had to play Indy or Pitt in the Division game, it is very likely that the Ravens would be the team that advanced further each year.

To me, you need quality regular seasons as well as playoff wins to be considered one of the best teams. Bal went 11-5, 9-7, 12-4 and 12-4 in the last 4 years with their 2 AFCC games, so I consider them 1 of the best in the AFC. NE went 10-6, 14-2 and 13-3 with a Super Bowl App, so I would consider them one of the best in the AFC. 9-7, 11-5 and 8-8 is not one of the best to me even thought they have more playoff wins than both of those teams.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. I'd say the same about any other team including the Dolphins. The facts are that the Jets made it the the AFCCG in 2009 and 2010. That doesn't make them elite. Just because a team advances further than another team in the playoffs does not automatically make them a better team. Not everyone plays the same opponents. The Jets advanced further than the Ravens 2 out of the last 3 seasons. Are the Jets a better team than the Ravens because of that? The Jets lost to the Colts in the AFCC game in 2009. The Ravens had to play them 1 week earlier in the division round. The Jets lost to the Steelers in AFCCG in 2010. The Ravens had to play them 1 week earlier. Had it been the Jets who had to play Indy or Pitt in the Division game, it is very likely that the Ravens would be the team that advanced further each year.

To me, you need quality regular seasons as well as playoff wins to be considered one of the best teams. Bal went 11-5, 9-7, 12-4 and 12-4 in the last 4 years with their 2 AFCC games, so I consider them 1 of the best in the AFC. NE went 10-6, 14-2 and 13-3 with a Super Bowl App, so I would consider them one of the best in the AFC. 9-7, 11-5 and 8-8 is not one of the best to me even thought they have more playoff wins than both of those teams.
    Look at you being all logical
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Look at you being all logical
    Nah, I'm just being a bitter, jealous division rival.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Unfortunately my friend, to often you try and pass your opinion as a fact.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Nah, I'm just being a bitter, jealous division rival.
    Aren't we all? I mean it would make complete sense to act like an elite team isn't elite just b/c they're a rival.
    Quote Quote