Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 144 of 505 FirstFirst ... 139140141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 5043

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -1431
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096 View Post
    - Just because YOU say he wasn't carried in the postseason doesn't make it fact, as it has been proven. As your responses have littered this thread with excuses you will continue to make one now. I won't get into an "argument" with you about this because real life have proven how bad you are at evaluating Sanchez. There is a reason he is about to be out of a job, the Jets drafted a qb and the single biggest reason your team will continue to be in the cellar.

Back to original point of the thread, LOL @ The Jets. I was very curious to see their early draft picks and watched them continue to ignore their offense (really thought they would have picked TE Eifert). Now they have career back up runningbacks as their starting RB? Oh, I am so happy the circus continues into next season.

I have not been this excited for the season to start in a long time, for many reasons.
    Just goes to show you how little Dolphins fans know about football. As I spent many of my teenage years in South Florida, I am well aware of this fact.

Sanchez happened to play well in the playoffs, he actually has a 95 QB rating in 6 games. So...it's certainly debatable that he was carried while IN the playoffs. He seemingly had stepped up his game in those spots. The defense actually let Sanchez down in both AFC Championship games. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I figured I'd educate you a little bit.

As far as the current state of the team, you display your Dolphin-fan ignorance in full with your insinuation the Jets are still a circus. We've made some good moves, and anybody who knows football, including NFL coaches and executives, know the Jets had an excellent draft. Why draft a TE when you're not sure if you have the right QB to throw to him? A TE is a LUXURY, not an essential piece when you are gutting and rebuilding a football team. Get a clue, bro. Lol, a TE? I like the fact we went defense and offensive line. Smart moves. And ask around the league, and Saints fans in particular, what Chris Ivory's reputation is (the "backup" RB). Get some knowledge before you post your utter ignorance. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -1432
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    When David Garrard leaves THAT clown show, you KNOW you got issues.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -1433
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ_Jax28 View Post
    Just goes to show you how little Dolphins fans know about football. As I spent many of my teenage years in South Florida, I am well aware of this fact.

Sanchez happened to play well in the playoffs, he actually has a 95 QB rating in 6 games. So...it's certainly debatable that he was carried while IN the playoffs. He seemingly had stepped up his game in those spots. The defense actually let Sanchez down in both AFC Championship games. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I figured I'd educate you a little bit.

As far as the current state of the team, you display your Dolphin-fan ignorance in full with your insinuation the Jets are still a circus. We've made some good moves, and anybody who knows football, including NFL coaches and executives, know the Jets had an excellent draft. Why draft a TE when you're not sure if you have the right QB to throw to him? A TE is a LUXURY, not an essential piece when you are gutting and rebuilding a football team. Get a clue, bro. Lol, a TE? I like the fact we went defense and offensive line. Smart moves. And ask around the league, and Saints fans in particular, what Chris Ivory's reputation is (the "backup" RB). Get some knowledge before you post your utter ignorance. Thanks.
    Sanchez limited his turnovers in the playoffs and he gets credit for that, but he was clearly carried in his playoff wins.

He threw for 665 yards, 5TDs and 2 Ints in 4 playoff wins.
    The Jets rushed for 649 yards and 6 TDs in 4 playoff wins.
    The Jets D allowed an average of 16PPG in the 4 playoff wins.

The Jets running game averaged nearly the same amount of yards as Sanchez did passing the ball and had more TDs. Combine that with the D only allowing 16PPG, and that equals being carried. If you want to dig even deeper, you can look at what he did on the Jets scoring drives. Like the 3 scoring drives against SD, where he threw for just 13 yards, 1 TD and had (2) 3rd down conversions. Yes, on one of those 3rd down conversions he threw a short TD pass, but he had 13 passing yards on all 3 of the Jets scoring drives. That tells you how they moved the ball on those scoring drives, and it wasn't in the air.

Sanchez nearly doubled his TD passing total in losses while only adding 1 pick. You could argue that the D let them down in those games, but what did Sanchez do in the second half of the Colts game? He led them to 0 points. I agree that allowing the Colts to score 30 points is on the D, but the Jets had to know that only scoring 17 points against the Colts at home wasn't going to get it done.

Sanchez had a decent 2nd half against the Steelers when the team was down 21 points and the Steelers D started to relax, but what did Sanchez do in the first half? The O went 3 and out on 50% of their drives and had a fumble returned for a TD while only putting 3 points on the board. The D did allow that long drive to open the game, but they only allowed 17 points the whole game and scored 2 points with a safety. Holding the Steelers to 17 points and getting a safety is more than reasonable. The Steelers scored 31 points the week before against a very good Baltimore D. The Jets O only had to score 16 points to win that game but only scored 17 while giving the D 7 points. You may blame the D for not being able to stop Pitt to give the Jets a chance to win it at the end, but remember that the O had it 1st and goal on the Pitt 2 yardline right before that last drive and couldn't score. Maybe if they ran it 4 times instead of letting Sanchez throw 2 incompletions they score? Who knows how that would have changed the game, but it certainly would have helped the Jets chances.

It isn't ignorance to think the Jets should have gone with some playmakers on O early in the draft. I personally don't understand going CB and DT with those first two picks when the Jets D seems to be a strength of the team, but maybe it turns out to be the right moves. Only time will tell. The Jets just left themselves with a bunch of question marks on offense. Maybe Hill takes a huge leap in year two and Holmes comes back from the injury 100%. Maybe Ivory and Goodson can be successful full time backs. Maybe Cumberland improves. Maybe Colon can stay healthy. All of those are a possibility, but all are far from certain. My preference would have been to address some of those areas of need early in the draft, but like I said, time will tell.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1434
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

LOL @ The Jets

^ damn, someone just got schooled on the great Sanchez and his playoff performances. Nice work sir!

Marino.... Huard, Feidler, Lucas, Griese, Rosenfels, Feeley, Frerrote, Green, Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon, Beck, Thigpen, Pennington, Henne, Moore... Tannehill.

'Bout damn time!
    Quote Quote  

5. -1435
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Despacio View Post
    ^ damn, someone just got schooled on the great Sanchez and his playoff performances. Nice work sir!
    I watched the games, I was there. No reason for any schooling. Sanchez played well, bottom line. I never said that he carried the team. But overall, he played well enough in the AFC Championship games to win if the defense could've stopped a nosebleed. Certainly it was a total team effort to win four road playoff games, and Sanchez performed admirably. That was kind of my point.
    Quote Quote  

6. -1436
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Sanchez limited his turnovers in the playoffs and he gets credit for that, but he was clearly carried in his playoff wins.

The Jets running game averaged nearly the same amount of yards as Sanchez did passing the ball and had more TDs. Combine that with the D only allowing 16PPG, and that equals being carried. If you want to dig even deeper, you can look at what he did on the Jets scoring drives. Like the 3 scoring drives against SD, where he threw for just 13 yards, 1 TD and had (2) 3rd down conversions. Yes, on one of those 3rd down conversions he threw a short TD pass, but he had 13 passing yards on all 3 of the Jets scoring drives. That tells you how they moved the ball on those scoring drives, and it wasn't in the air.

Sanchez nearly doubled his TD passing total in losses while only adding 1 pick. You could argue that the D let them down in those games, but what did Sanchez do in the second half of the Colts game? He led them to 0 points. I agree that allowing the Colts to score 30 points is on the D, but the Jets had to know that only scoring 17 points against the Colts at home wasn't going to get it done.

Sanchez had a decent 2nd half against the Steelers when the team was down 21 points and the Steelers D started to relax, but what did Sanchez do in the first half? The O went 3 and out on 50% of their drives and had a fumble returned for a TD while only putting 3 points on the board. The D did allow that long drive to open the game, but they only allowed 17 points the whole game and scored 2 points with a safety. Holding the Steelers to 17 points and getting a safety is more than reasonable. The Steelers scored 31 points the week before against a very good Baltimore D. The Jets O only had to score 16 points to win that game but only scored 17 while giving the D 7 points. You may blame the D for not being able to stop Pitt to give the Jets a chance to win it at the end, but remember that the O had it 1st and goal on the Pitt 2 yardline right before that last drive and couldn't score. Maybe if they ran it 4 times instead of letting Sanchez throw 2 incompletions they score? Who knows how that would have changed the game, but it certainly would have helped the Jets chances.

It isn't ignorance to think the Jets should have gone with some playmakers on O early in the draft. I personally don't understand going CB and DT with those first two picks when the Jets D seems to be a strength of the team, but maybe it turns out to be the right moves. Only time will tell. The Jets just left themselves with a bunch of question marks on offense. Maybe Hill takes a huge leap in year two and Holmes comes back from the injury 100%. Maybe Ivory and Goodson can be successful full time backs. Maybe Cumberland improves. Maybe Colon can stay healthy. All of those are a possibility, but all are far from certain. My preference would have been to address some of those areas of need early in the draft, but like I said, time will tell.
    I'm not sure who these offensive playmakers you think we should've taken at #9 and #13 are, but Austin was gone and that does seem a little high and irresponsible for a rebuilding team to take a guard and tight end at those spots. It's not like the defense was perfect and needed nothing. We had a lot of holes.
    Quote Quote  

7. -1437
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    - Just because YOU say he wasn't carried in the postseason doesn't make it fact, as it has been proven. As your responses have littered this thread with excuses you will continue to make one now. I won't get into an "argument" with you about this because real life have proven how bad you are at evaluating Sanchez. There is a reason he is about to be out of a job, the Jets drafted a qb and the single biggest reason your team will continue to be in the cellar.

Back to original point of the thread, LOL @ The Jets. I was very curious to see their early draft picks and watched them continue to ignore their offense (really thought they would have picked TE Eifert). Now they have career back up runningbacks as their starting RB? Oh, I am so happy the circus continues into next season.

I have not been this excited for the season to start in a long time, for many reasons.
    It's obvious to anyone who watched the games and understands this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    but but but, in the fantasyland where some interceptions are rationalized as effective punts and defenses are excoriated for making him lose by giving up 14 pts to an inoffensive TN offense, if Tannehill had to work with what Buttchez did last season, he'd have done worse, right? You really can't make this **** up
    He won 1 more game(and was hurt for most of the win over us so really won the same amount of games) w/ superior talent so of course if he has our healthy talent last year he doesn't win anywhere near 6 games.

You know its bad when your own team's fans make fun of you for being a homer.....

It's one thing to have blind faith but he takes it to another level noone can understand.
    There are bad posters on both sites, it doesn't make you guys right. I think the fact that none of the truly knowledgeable ones back your opinions should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post

he was not carried, stop acting like the vaarks of the world. Watch the games. We had some nice rushing #s but outside of 2 runs in the '09 run our run game wasn't very effective. In SD we got a lead and didn't pass in the 4th qtr protecting that lead so it skews his #s. He was excellent at SD but that's hard to see for the average fans- I know you are better than an average fan.

The one game where the run game saved us was at Indy in the 2010 WC game but we needed Mark and the pass game to set up the GW Fg in the final minute which he did.

at Cincy; near flawless, threw 3 incompletions, 2 were drops(9nlduing one that would have been a 50+ yd TD)
    at SD: outplayed the veteran Rivers on the road. Rivers made the big mistake and Mark didn't, that was the difference in the game.
    at Ind Champ game: gave D a double digit lead, lost Greene early in 2nd half and had no run game after that. 2 great Indy pass rushers against rookie QB w/ no threat of run- that's not a recipe for success.

at Ind '10 WC game- struggled in 1st half, run game stabilized the game for us but w/ under a minute left led us to GW FG- a chipshot. In almost identical situation the great Peyton manning at home failed in a '05 div rd game vs/ Pitt.
    at NE: outplayed best QB of this generation on the road
    at Pitt: D was beaten up all 1st half long, leads us back from 24 pts down to w/in 5 w/ plenty of time. D allows Pitt to run out clock.

mark was excellent for us, give us Brady and do we go to SB? Probably but not many others besides him- maybe Rodgers. That choker Peyton has lost w/ MUCH better teams so has Rivers and most of the others.

as far as Pitt's O vs. our D. first possession of our game D allows 9 minute TD drive. Their 3 offensive scoring drives began at Pit 34, Pit 38 and Pit 34. The scoring drives in the Bal game: Pit 20,Pit 38 Bal 23, Bal 25, and Pit 35. 14 of their pts drives began deep in bal territory- that 14 pts is the difference btw scoring 31 and 17. Our D was pushed around all 1st half, the O got us back in the game. The week before Pitt was down big and their D helped them win it, our D when we got w/in a score? allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

I wanted offensive players but if the GM felt the D guys were better that's up to him. He is building not for 2013 but for the best decade so it doesn't make sense to reach for a guy b/c we have a bigger need in 2013. Those holes can be plugged going forward BUT I was disappointed we went D in rd 1 both times.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1438
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL.. the Vaarks of the world = 95% of FH, fans in general and about 90% JetsInsider &TGG. (aka objective football observers, not homeristic superfans)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../2yxixwk-1.jpg
    Quote Quote  

9. -1439
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    LOL.. the Vaarks of the world = 95% of FH, fans in general and about 90% JetsInsider &TGG. (aka objective football observers, not homeristic superfans)

The average fans, thank you for pointing that out.

There is not a bigger homer/excuse maker on the planet than you. You are the guy who can think a player is the greatest today and if he's not a dolphin tomorrow then he sucks. As usual the only times you are actually funny are when you aren't trying. i'ts comical how you could call anyone a homer.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1440
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../29bc1as-1.jpg

Sez the homer who claims a bottom-feeding/27th ranked QB was ever a top 10. You really can't make this shizzle up. I forget who on TGG nailed your MO, where you pick a homeristic position, entrench yourself, never concede you were wrong and go OCD parsing statistics that suit your shaky arguments or dismissing those that don't as "fantasy stats."

Bottom-line is you're a laughing stock most everywhere except your own mind.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote