Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 148 of 309 FirstFirst ... 143144145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3085

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -1471
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    How many regular season wins each season does it take for you to consider a QB elite? Why do they matter for elite QBs but not other QBs. For a guy who places so much value on a QBs worth from two divisional round wins, I would think you would put a lot more value on 2 Super Bowls wins.

In the last 5 years, who do you think the Elite Qbs are?
    If a QB is going to be considered elite he has to consistently put his team in position to win championships, that doesn't mean he has to win them but he has to give them a chance. I would consider Eli an elite postseason QB but he is too inconsistent to be considered an overall elite QB.

Last 5 years:

Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Peyton
    Ben
    Quote Quote  

2. -1472
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If a QB is going to be considered elite he has to consistently put his team in position to win championships, that doesn't mean he has to win them but he has to give them a chance. I would consider Eli an elite postseason QB but he is too inconsistent to be considered an overall elite QB.

Last 5 years:

Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Peyton
    Ben
    Eli has never won fewer than 8 games in a season. Did you know that the Rodgers only has 5 more regular season wins than Eli over the last 5 years? Brees only has 4 more. Ben has 5 more. Brady has 12 more and Peyton would have a lot more if he didn't miss a season.

I have a hard time putting Eli on the same level as those QBs in your list, but he played a big role in getting his team to, and winning the Super Bowl. He made some really clutch passes in 2011, so I give him the elite title based on what he has done in the post season.

Since you put so much emphasis on wins instead of numbers, I would think that Eli would be at the top of your list. He's won more Super Bowls in the last 6 years than any of the other QBs that are in your list.
    Quote Quote  

3. -1473
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eli has never won fewer than 8 games in a season. Did you know that the Rodgers only has 5 more regular season wins than Eli over the last 5 years? Brees only has 4 more. Ben has 5 more. Brady has 12 more and Peyton would have a lot more if he didn't miss a season.

I have a hard time putting Eli on the same level as those QBs in your list, but he played a big role in getting his team to, and winning the Super Bowl. He made some really clutch passes in 2011, so I give him the elite title based on what he has done in the post season.

Since you put so much emphasis on wins instead of numbers, I would think that Eli would be at the top of your list. He's won more Super Bowls in the last 6 years than any of the other QBs that are in your list.
    You do know don't you that if Eli was performing "under the Big Top" (or Flacco for that matter) we'd be hearing how they're a top half dozen QBs ad nauseum, whether they put up "fantasy numbers or not"

Quote Quote  

4. -1474
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    You do know don't you that if Eli was performing "under the Big Top" (or Flacco for that matter) we'd be hearing how they're a top half dozen QBs ad nauseum, whether they put up "fantasy numbers or not"

The numbers and regular seasons wins wouldn't matter then. All that would matter is 2 Super Bowl wins in the last 6 years.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1475
    Sink or Swim, Fin Fan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo LogoSnakes!Dolphins Homer

Re: LOL @ The Jets

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    None of what you said is relevant since you said reg season wins are irrelevant.
    Looks like he's finally starting to crack. I have never seen him type something like that. Lol.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

6. -1476
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Looks like he's finally starting to crack. I have never seen him type something like that. Lol.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    It looks like that might be happening. A lot of deflecting has gone on recently. I'm impressed by the opposite direction he's been going.
    Quote Quote  

7. -1477
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just checking in. It's June 1st, 2013.

Jests still suck.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1478
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Eli won 1 game his rookie year and w a stacked team capable of winning multiple SBs he's missed 3 of the last 4 postseasons and has won more than 10 games just 2 times.

In the last 5 years Rodgers started for the first time in his career and went 6-10. That's a little skewed wouldn't you say?

Last 4 years:

Eli: 36 wins, 1 playoff app
    Rodgers: 46 wins, 4 playoff apps

Brees and the saints were in chaos last year w/ the suspended players and missing their HC yet still found a way to win 7 games and he's still won more games than Eli the last 5 years.

Brady missed 2008, last 5 seasons Brady has played: 65 wins, that's better than 48, right?

Clearly Eli is not an elite QB and has not won enough in reg seasons. heck, he has 2 SB rings but he's only won postseason games in those SB runs where his D has played out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    Just checking in. It's June 1st, 2013.

Jests still suck.
    And it's still been 13 years since Miami's last playoff win
    Quote Quote  

9. -1479
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Clearly Eli is not an elite QB and has not won enough in reg seasons. heck, he has 2 SB rings but he's only won postseason games in those SB runs where his D has played out of this world.
    You said regular season wins don't matter so what does it matter if "he didn't win enough in reg seasons"?
    Quote Quote  

10. -1480
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You said regular season wins don't matter so what does it matter if "he didn't win enough in reg seasons"?
    Quote Quote