Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 158 of 323 FirstFirst ... 153154155156157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3221

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -1571
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Dolphins were 9-5 and the Jets were 7-7. It came down to the Dolphins choking both games away. They won the division because NE had a Super Bowl hangover and Miami choked. It is not that impressive to me, but since the Jets have only won 2 AFCE titles, I'll let you enjoy it.
    Seasons are 16 games, sometimes you win games early and sometimes you win games late. Miami choking helped us but the Jets were clearly the best team in the division at the end of the year after the slow, injury plagued start.

It basically came down to the games in NE.

Week 16 the Jets go into NE and win 30-17
    Week 17 Miami goes into NE and blows a 10 pt lead late and loses in OT.

It was incredibly impressive to be the last team for 3 years to win in NE and prevent NE from making the playoffs and winning the division for the ONLY time in the Brady era.

The 2 most impressive div titles in the last 15 years happen to be NYJ div titles.

1998 w/ 4 playoff teams
    2002 w/ all 4 teams at or above .500

We don't win it often(though we'd have a bunch more if not for Brady) but at least when we do they are memorable and we've never been one and done in the playoffs after winning a div title.
    Quote Quote  

2. -1572
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Seasons are 16 games, sometimes you win games early and sometimes you win games late. Miami choking helped us but the Jets were clearly the best team in the division at the end of the year after the slow, injury plagued start.

It basically came down to the games in NE.

Week 16 the Jets go into NE and win 30-17
    Week 17 Miami goes into NE and blows a 10 pt lead late and loses in OT.

It was incredibly impressive to be the last team for 3 years to win in NE and prevent NE from making the playoffs and winning the division for the ONLY time in the Brady era.

The 2 most impressive div titles in the last 15 years happen to be NYJ div titles.

1998 w/ 4 playoff teams
    2002 w/ all 4 teams at or above .500

We don't win it often(though we'd have a bunch more if not for Brady) but at least when we do they are memorable and we've never been one and done in the playoffs after winning a div title.

Sometimes you win games early and sometimes you win games late, unless you are the Giants. Then the late game becomes meaningless becasue another team didn't choke for you. I'm glad this all makes sense in your mind.

The 1998 divisional title is much more impressive to me. They were the #2 seed and they earned it on their own. I can't give the Jets too much credit though. WV likes to keep this thread on track. So, we need to stop talking about what happened 2 decades ago and talk about the last two years when the Jets are 0-4 against NE losing by a combined score of 145-79.
    Quote Quote  

3. -1573
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sometimes you win games early and sometimes you win games late, unless you are the Giants. Then the late game becomes meaningless becasue another team didn't choke for you. I'm glad this all makes sense in your mind.

The 1998 divisional title is much more impressive to me. They were the #2 seed and they earned it on their own. I can't give the Jets too much credit though. WV likes to keep this thread on track. So, we need to stop talking about what happened 2 decades ago and talk about the last two years when the Jets are 0-4 against NE losing by a combined score of 145-79.
    Dallas choked for them in 2011 so I am not sure what your point is other than to try to take credit away from a team you dislike.

'98 and '02 are the most impressive div titles in the last 20 years at least.

We did play 2 1/2 close games against NE.

Close at NE both times, the home game in 2011 was close until late. Last year was a disaster.

You do know NE has won 6 straight against you guys, right? and 8 of 9 and 16 of 21.

in that 6 game streak they have outscored you 195-85
    and we were outscored in the 4 games 145-82 not 145-79.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1574
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Dallas choked for them in 2011 so I am not sure what your point is other than to try to take credit away from a team you dislike.

'98 and '02 are the most impressive div titles in the last 20 years at least.

We did play 2 1/2 close games against NE.

Close at NE both times, the home game in 2011 was close until late. Last year was a disaster.

You do know NE has won 6 straight against you guys, right? and 8 of 9 and 16 of 21.

in that 6 game streak they have outscored you 195-85
    and we were outscored in the 4 games 145-82 not 145-79.
    It about giving credit or not for late season wins based only on what another team does or doesn't do. I don't get that thought process.

I must not have carried a one or something. We had a couple of close games against NE ourselves. The year before last we were leading by 17 in the 3rd before we lost by 3. Sadly, close only counts in horse shoes and throwing grenades. This is a LOL at the Jets thread not a LOL at the Dolphins. That can be found in the main forum for the last several years.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1575
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It about giving credit or not for late season wins based only on what another team does or doesn't do. I don't get that thought process.

I must not have carried a one or something. We had a couple of close games against NE ourselves. The year before last we were leading by 17 in the 3rd before we lost by 3. Sadly, close only counts in horse shoes and throwing grenades. This is a LOL at the Jets thread not a LOL at the Dolphins. That can be found in the main forum for the last several years.
    "LOL at the dolphins" would be a much larger thread in the last 15 years
    Quote Quote  

6. -1576
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel better about the new Jets GM every day...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/k...-tryout-061413
    Quote Quote  

7. -1577
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    I feel better about the new Jets GM every day...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/k...-tryout-061413
    not sure a low budget chance on a former good te is much to get excited about.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

8. -1578
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not just him, the more players like Winslow they sign, the more they stay on a downward trend
    Quote Quote  

9. -1579
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    It's not just him, the more players like Winslow they sign, the more they stay on a downward trend
    well they really havent signed many players like him and it was a solid chance. I would be more concerned if I was a Jets fan with the Woodson signing. Must say Im pretty perturbed by us signing constantly arrested unnamed player from Chicago.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1580
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    well they really havent signed many players like him and it was a solid chance. I would be more concerned if I was a Jets fan with the Woodson signing. Must say Im pretty perturbed by us signing constantly arrested unnamed player from Chicago.
    There is a decent chance all three will be sitting on the couch this fall
    Quote Quote