Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 17 of 309 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -161
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The Jets aren't elite in anyone's criteria except for yours. You HAVE to win a Super Bowl to be an elite team. How can you be elite while failing to beat the other AFC team still standing twice?
    You are a SB champ if you win the SB- the highest honor you can have. There is just 1 team per year that can be SB champ but the top teams are elite which the Jets have been under Rex overall(though obviously we weren't last year).
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets top 5 all time greatest achievements.

1.Won Super Bowl III
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post

1.Won Super Bowl III
    You forgot to put been to AFCCG twice in a row at number 2...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -164
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    You forgot one

1.Won Super Bowl III
    2.Lost to miami 14-0 1982 afc championship
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I just love how you guys post your criteria then you don't follow it all for the sole purpose of being afraid to label the Jets elite under rex.
    I've never veered from my criteria. I said I think you need quality regular seasons to be considered 1 of the best teams. The Giants did not have playoff success in between their Super Bowls, but they went 12-4, 8-8, and 10-6 before winning another Super Bowl. That is more wins in 3 years during the regular season than the Jets have had in the last 3 years. I still would not consider them elite had they lost the NFCC game instead of winning 2 Super Bowls.

I don't go along with your criteria that just because you advance farther than other teams in the playoffs, that makes you one of the best. I don't think, 2010 Seattle should have been ranked with NO, Bal, and NE for the 2011 season just becasue they won the same amount (or more in some casses) of playoff games than those teams. Denver won more playoff games than GB, SF, Hou and Pitt last year. That doesn't mean that they were better than those teams. The Jets are not elite. That is an honest opinion that has nothing to do with jealously or fear. 9-7, 11-5 and 8-8 is not elite. How many other "Elite" teams have media and fans that think they will miss the playoffs and might win 6, 7 or 8 games in the coming year? Is anyone thinking that about NE, GB, Pitt, NO or Bal? Can you show me one credible football analyst that thinks the Jets are a serious contender for the Super Bowl?
    Quote Quote  

6. -166
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    You are a SB champ if you win the SB- the highest honor you can have. There is just 1 team per year that can be SB champ but the top teams are elite which the Jets have been under Rex overall(though obviously we weren't last year).
    You might begin to sway me into thinking about the Jets possibly being elite if they just would've gotten to a SB once in the last 40 years. To continue to not be able to do so screams non-elite.

It's like saying they're elite but not as elite as the teams who actually get to the SB and/or win it. You can't be "sorta-elite".

Quote Quote  

7. -167
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I just love how you guys post your criteria then you don't follow it all for the sole purpose of being afraid to label the Jets elite under rex.
    Im sorry but 8-7, 11-5, and 8-8 does not make you elite. It makes you mediocre. Yea, they won 2 impressive playoff games. At San Diego and At New England. Thats decent. But, certainly not elite.

Facts are that they never wouldve won that game At San Diego the first season had the Colts actually gave 2 ****s. Secondly, they got completely destroyed in that first AFC title game.

Finally, when the Jests go 4-12 this season, Rex wont even have a winning record for his career.

One last thing................ TONY SPARANO!

TONY SPARANO runs your offense. Has that really even hit you yet? It seems to slip your mind. Becuase if you were truly aware of that fact, you wouldnt even bother speaking about football until he gets fired from his position with your team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -168
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies

1.Won Super Bowl III
    ok and the dolphins have just 1 more, what is your point?

Playoff wins since 2001 for the Dolphins

2001 ZERO
    2002 ZERO
    2003 ZERO
    2004 ZERO
    2005 ZERO
    2006 ZERO
    2007 ZERO
    2008 ZERO
    2009 ZERO
    2010 ZERO
    2011 ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I've never veered from my criteria. I said I think you need quality regular seasons to be considered 1 of the best teams. The Giants did not have playoff success in between their Super Bowls, but they went 12-4, 8-8, and 10-6 before winning another Super Bowl. That is more wins in 3 years during the regular season than the Jets have had in the last 3 years. I still would not consider them elite had they lost the NFCC game instead of winning 2 Super Bowls.

I don't go along with your criteria that just because you advance farther than other teams in the playoffs, that makes you one of the best. I don't think, 2010 Seattle should have been ranked with NO, Bal, and NE for the 2011 season just becasue they won the same amount (or more in some casses) of playoff games than those teams. Denver won more playoff games than GB, SF, Hou and Pitt last year. That doesn't mean that they were better than those teams. The Jets are not elite. That is an honest opinion that has nothing to do with jealously or fear. 9-7, 11-5 and 8-8 is not elite. How many other "Elite" teams have media and fans that think they will miss the playoffs and might win 6, 7 or 8 games in the coming year? Is anyone thinking that about NE, GB, Pitt, NO or Bal? Can you show me one credible football analyst that thinks the Jets are a serious contender for the Super Bowl?
    You absolutely did, on one hand you are saying you need reg season and postseason success and you mocked the Jets winning 9 and 11 games but when it is brought up the Giants won 9 and 10 games you ammend it to include them.

The bottom line- under Rex:

#1 in AFC in playoff wins
    #1(tied) in NFL in playoff wins
    #1 in NFL in conf title game apps
    Only team in NFL w/ multiple playoff wins in 2 of those 3 seasons

That's elite.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Im sorry but 8-7, 11-5, and 8-8 does not make you elite. It makes you mediocre. Yea, they won 2 impressive playoff games. At San Diego and At New England. Thats decent. But, certainly not elite.

Facts are that they never wouldve won that game At San Diego the first season had the Colts actually gave 2 ****s. Secondly, they got completely destroyed in that first AFC title game.

Finally, when the Jests go 4-12 this season, Rex wont even have a winning record for his career.

One last thing................ TONY SPARANO!

TONY SPARANO runs your offense. Has that really even hit you yet? It seems to slip your mind. Becuase if you were truly aware of that fact, you wouldnt even bother speaking about football until he gets fired from his position with your team.
    We can play the if game all day- if Victor Cruz doesn't go 99 yds the Giants miss the playoffs, if Tom Brady doesn't get hurt in '08 Miami misses the playoffs, if Miami doesn't play 5-6 dead teams to end 2008 they don't make the playoffs but those things happened and Indy rested their starters for a qtr and a half and we took advantage then had playoff success.

There's a better chance Miami wins the next 5 SBs than the Jets going 4-12.

Tony is not our HC, he's our OC. It's funny how the scapegoat last offseason for your O was Dan henning and now it's Tony's fault.
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You forgot to put been to AFCCG twice in a row at number 2...
    They're hanging up the banners at halftime, game one. They will go up alongside the Giants' last two World Championship banners.
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    ok and the dolphins have just 1 more, what is your point?

Playoff wins since 2001 for the Dolphins

2001 ZERO
    2002 ZERO
    2003 ZERO
    2004 ZERO
    2005 ZERO
    2006 ZERO
    2007 ZERO
    2008 ZERO
    2009 ZERO
    2010 ZERO
    2011 ZERO
    This has nothing to do with the Dolphins. The Dolphins will win 3 games this year. My team is ****. That doesn't change the situation that the Jets are not elite. They are not elite.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

The bottom line- under Rex:

#1 in AFC in playoff wins
    #1(tied) in NFL in playoff wins
    #1 in NFL in conf title game apps
    Only team in NFL w/ multiple playoff wins in 2 of those 3 seasons

That's elite.
    Only team to do all of that and not get to the SB. Verrrrrry elite.
    Quote Quote