Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 342 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -171
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    They're hanging up the banners at halftime, game one. They will go up alongside the Giants' last two World Championship banners.
    where did the dolphin banners of the last 30 years go? next to the marlin or Hurricane banners?
    Quote Quote  

2. -172
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In more pressing news than the debate over exactly how elite the Jests are NOT under Rex Ryan, the Jests traded beleaguered RT Wayne Hunter and his $2.5 million salary to St Louis in exchange for failed 2009 #2 draft pick RT Jason Smith, his $4 million salary, and his concussion issues.

I am sure that ol' Wayne is LHAO when he thinks of Austin Howard and Jason Smith having to face Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Kyle Williams on Sept 9!
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

3. -173
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    where did the dolphin banners of the last 30 years go? next to the marlin or Hurricane banners?
    The last Dolphin banner would've been in 1973 which was a few years after yours. I don't give a damn what happened 40 years ago. Ancient history

Quote Quote  

4. -174
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

You absolutely did, on one hand you are saying you need reg season and postseason success and you mocked the Jets winning 9 and 11 games but when it is brought up the Giants won 9 and 10 games you ammend it to include them.

The bottom line- under Rex:

#1 in AFC in playoff wins
    #1(tied) in NFL in playoff wins
    #1 in NFL in conf title game apps
    Only team in NFL w/ multiple playoff wins in 2 of those 3 seasons

That's elite.
    I have never mocked the Jets winning 11 games. Winning 10 or more games is a quality regular season. The Giants went 10-6, 12-4 ,8-8, 10-6 and 9-7. They only had 2 seasons out of 5 that they won less than 10 games, and they won the Super Bowl during one of those subpar seasons. The Jets have had 2 out of 3 seasons winning 9 or less with no Super Bowl win or even an app. That is not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    In more pressing news than the debate over exactly how elite the Jests are NOT under Rex Ryan, the Jests traded beleaguered RT Wayne Hunter and his $2.5 million salary to St Louis in exchange for failed 2009 #2 draft pick RT Jason Smith, his $4 million salary, and his concussion issues.

I am sure that ol' Wayne is LHAO when he thinks of Austin Howard and Jason Smith having to face Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Kyle Williams on Sept 9!
    Outside of the extra 1.5 million cap hit the Jets have to take on, I think it was a good move. Hunter was probably never going to regain his starting spot back anyway and the Jets got a former #2 overall pick. Granted, he has been terrible, but he still has that potential that made him a #2 pick. Will a change in scenery bring it out of him? I doubt it, but what do the Jets have to lose? A poor backup in Hunter? Not a very big loss if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -175
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I have never mocked the Jets winning 11 games. Winning 10 or more games is a quality regular season. The Giants went 10-6, 12-4 ,8-8, 10-6 and 9-7. They only had 2 seasons out of 5 that they won less than 10 games, and they won the Super Bowl during one of those subpar seasons. The Jets have had 2 out of 3 seasons winning 9 or less with no Super Bowl win or even an app. That is not elite.

Outside of the extra 1.5 million cap hit the Jets have to take on, I think it was a good move. Hunter was probably never going to regain his starting spot back anyway and the Jets got a former #2 overall pick. Granted, he has been terrible, but he still has that potential that made him a #2 pick. Will a change in scenery bring it out of him? I doubt it, but what do the Jets have to lose? A poor backup in Hunter? Not a very big loss if you ask me.
    This deserves a standing ovation.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

6. -176
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Anthony Munoz couldn't handle any of those GREAT Bills DL so we have no shot anyway.

2010 the Giants had a chance to take control of their playoff destiny and were humiliated in Gb in week 16, they won a meaningless game in week 17 to get their 10th win and they went 3 consecutive seasons w/o winning a playoff game(and 9 of 10 seasons)
    Quote Quote  

7. -177
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Hmmm, a week before the season starts and the jets are still shuffling the OL around. Sounds familiar , where have i seen this before?
    Quote Quote  

8. -178
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    2010 the Giants had a chance to take control of their playoff destiny and were humiliated in Gb in week 16, they won a meaningless game in week 17 to get their 10th win and they went 3 consecutive seasons w/o winning a playoff game(and 9 of 10 seasons)
    No game is meaningless unless you have been eliminated. The Giants put themselves in a bad spot with that loss to GB (eventual SB champs) but they still won 10 games and still had a shot at the playoffs with some help. Chi lost to GB 10-3 the next week, so the Giants got eliminated. 10 wins is still 10 wins and will get you a spot more times than not. I'm not going give more credit or take away credit from the Giants season based on something that another team (That the Giants had nothing to do with) did or didn't do. You seem to forget that the Giants also won 2 Super Bowls in between these regular seasons that are better than the Jets regular seasons over the past 3 years. That is what makes them elite.

12-4 ,8-8, and 10-6 in between 2 Super Bowl wins = elite.

9-7, 11-5 and 8-8 with no Super Bowl win or app = not elite.
    Quote Quote  

9. -179
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No game is meaningless unless you have been eliminated. The Giants put themselves in a bad spot with that loss to GB (eventual SB champs) but they still won 10 games and still had a shot at the playoffs with some help. Chi lost to GB 10-3 the next week, so the Giants got eliminated. 10 wins is still 10 wins and will get you a spot more times than not. I'm not going give more credit or take away credit from the Giants season based on something that another team (That the Giants had nothing to do with) did or didn't do. You seem to forget that the Giants also won 2 Super Bowls in between these regular seasons that are better than the Jets regular seasons over the past 3 years. That is what makes them elite.

They had no shot, they lost control b/c they got crushed at GB where the elite one threw 4 INTs. The 10th win was meaningless.

You like to use the "won 9 or l;ss games" well the Giants only won more 10 once and the year they did it they were one and done w/ a home playoff loss
    Quote Quote  

10. -180
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

You have to hold the playoff/SB wins with higher merit than regular season victories. Winning 9 games and the championship as the Wild Card team (especially the 6 seed) is more impressive to me than going 14-2 and having a first round bye.

To me, if you're good enough to make the playoffs, nothing else is relevant looking backwards.
    Quote Quote