Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 210 of 313 FirstFirst ... 205206207208209210211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3125

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2091
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    His first playoff run he had one great game, one bad game and one mediocre game, which the jets lost.

The next year he had one lousy game, one great game and one good game, which the Jets lost.

Thats 3 good to great games, a mediocre one, and two stinkers. Thats very possible for a crappy starting NFL QB.
    he hasn't had any bad games, he had a bad half against Indy in the 2010 WC game.

2009:
    he was excellent against Cincy
    very good against SD
    mediocre at Indy

2010:
    mediocre at Indy(but led GW drive)
    excellent at NE
    good at Pitt

you don't win 4 road playoff games in 2 years w/ crappy QB play.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2092
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wish you were one of my old advanced algebra professors:

"very good against SD" = 101 yards, 60QBR, 1TD, including 5-9 39yds in the second half, 1Int, 1 2yd TD after a redzone interception and heavy lifting by the RBs.... and a freak 53yard TD run by Shonn Greene while watching the opposing kicker choke on the 2 chip shots and a makeable long one set up by the opposing QB.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

3. -2093
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Looks like the Geno Smith era has official begun in Jetsland:

With Mark buttfumble's shoulder injury and with Geno Smith taking the Jets first-team reps at quarterback, this announcement from the team on Wednesday morning was certainly not a surprise.

Considering we don't know how long buttfumble will be out -- reportedly, his injury is more serious than we were told at first and he might miss several weeks -- this could be the end of his reign as the team's starter.

Even if buttfumble was the starter -- and it looked that way until his injury in the fourth quarter of a meaningless exhibition game -- it seemed as though Smith, taken in the second round of the draft, was the heir apparent.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...no-smith-at-qb
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -2094
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Wish you were one of my old advanced algebra professors:

"very good against SD" = 101 yards, 60QBR, 1TD, including 5-9 39yds in the second half, 1Int, 1 2yd TD after a redzone interception and heavy lifting by the RBs.... and a freak 53yard TD run by Shonn Greene while watching the opposing kicker choke on the 2 chip shots and a makeable long one set up by the opposing QB.
    this isn't algebra or stats class, stats tell us part of the story. For those that understand the game completely they know he was very good, for the ones that rely on stats to tell them what they saw they think he sucked.

The difference in the game was the play at QB, Rivers made the big mistakes trying to force things, mark did not.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2095
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    this isn't algebra or stats class, stats tell us part of the story. For those that understand the game completely they know he was very good, for the ones that rely on stats to tell them what they saw they think he sucked.

The difference in the game was the play at QB, Rivers made the big mistakes trying to force things, mark did not.
    Always a humorous way to look at it. As if the stats are made up and don't matter. Besides if he was the HOF you make it seem like he is there'd be no need to have Geno Smith on the team. Yes the new GM wanted a different QB but he wouldn't feel that way if he was the GM with Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Griffin III, Kapernick, Luck....at QB. Why is that? Because those guys are good.

Quote Quote  

6. -2096
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

Your problem is that you genuinely believe that if a QB stinks most of the game but makes one play to the end and the team wins, he had a better game than a guy who threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs but threw a INT on the last drive after his defense **** the bed yet again.

Quote Quote  

7. -2097
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Your problem is that you genuinely believe that if a QB stinks most of the game but makes one play to the end and the team wins, he had a better game than a guy who threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs but threw a INT on the last drive after his defense **** the bed yet again.
    I am not wowed by meaningless #s, if a guy is making plays to help his team win that is all that matters. if he pads his #s w/ fluff when up or down big or does something early and can't do anything late that doesn't impress me.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Always a humorous way to look at it. As if the stats are made up and don't matter. Besides if he was the HOF you make it seem like he is there'd be no need to have Geno Smith on the team. Yes the new GM wanted a different QB but he wouldn't feel that way if he was the GM with Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Griffin III, Kapernick, Luck....at QB. Why is that? Because those guys are good.
    Mark was the next hot young QB at one point too, watch how fast opinions change if Kaep, RGIII, etc... struggle.

please find one post where I ever said Mark was going to be a HOF QB? I love when people make things up b/c they have nothing else.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2098
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless it applies to Eli

Beyond that, in the SD game, you mean, "doing very little, especially in the second half, while the opposing kicker craps the bed multiple time, other than handing off for a freak 53rd TD run to eke out a 3pt win"

But I will agree buttboy might have been on the back of it, but he was on that bus driven by Greene, the D and Kaeding.

Quote Quote  

9. -2099
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Unless it applies to Eli

Beyond that, in the SD game, you mean, "doing very little, especially in the second half, while the opposing kicker craps the bed multiple time, other than handing off for a freak 53rd TD run to eke out a 3pt win"

I give Eli credit for what he did, I have said many times if I need to win a big game i'd take him over just about anyone. The thing w/ Eli was about him being "elite" which he clearly is not.

He did a ton in that 2nd half but to average fans if he isn't throwing for 300 yds and 4 TDs then he did nothing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2100
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well junc...one of your explayers disagee's with your opinion of buttfumble

Quote:
    On his Sirius XM show, Adam Schein asked Tomlinson if he thinks buttfumble will start again.

“No, I don’t think Mark will be a starter again in the NFL. I think there’s certainly potential for him to be a backup and then get a starting job for half the year or what have you that way,” Tomlinson said. “But I think his days as a full time starter are pretty much over. Because you’ve got to realize in football, for a quarterback, you’re going to get three to five years in an organization to prove that you’re the franchise guy. I mean that’s just what it is. And if you don’t do it in that time frame then they’re going to move on to somebody else and then you’re position now will become a backup.”
    Quote Quote