Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 211 of 309 FirstFirst ... 206207208209210211212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3085

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

  1. -2101
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,044
    vCash:
    2255
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I am not wowed by meaningless #s, if a guy is making plays to help his team win that is all that matters. if he pads his #s w/ fluff when up or down big or does something early and can't do anything late that doesn't impress me.
    Meaningless #s




    Quote Quote  

  2. -2102
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,004
    vCash:
    17336
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Mark was the next hot young QB at one point too, watch how fast opinions change if Kaep, RGIII, etc... struggle.
    Maybe.

    please find one post where I ever said Mark was going to be a HOF QB? I love when people make things up b/c they have nothing else.
    Perhaps if you'd understand English you'd get it. I said you make it seem like he's a HOF QB. That is the opposite of you saying he already was one.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -2103
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,004
    vCash:
    17336
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Meaningless #s
    Numbers aren't what they seem. Some guy miles and miles away just picks numbers out of a hat and those are counted as the official stats for each player.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -2104
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,532
    vCash:
    17344
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Well junc...one of your explayers disagee's with your opinion of buttfumble

    Quote:
    On his Sirius XM show, Adam Schein asked Tomlinson if he thinks buttfumble will start again.

    “No, I don’t think Mark will be a starter again in the NFL. I think there’s certainly potential for him to be a backup and then get a starting job for half the year or what have you that way,” Tomlinson said. “But I think his days as a full time starter are pretty much over. Because you’ve got to realize in football, for a quarterback, you’re going to get three to five years in an organization to prove that you’re the franchise guy. I mean that’s just what it is. And if you don’t do it in that time frame then they’re going to move on to somebody else and then you’re position now will become a backup.”
    cool and another one of our ex-players says this:

    Bart Scott:

    – On buttfumble’s regression and lack of WRs: “He was on top of the world the first two years, but then every year they seemed to take his weapons away. … He was throwing to guys that I didn’t know their names. … ‘I worked out Tuesday, I’m the next starting receiver.’ I’m like, who’s this guy?”

    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...boomer-carton/

    ---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Meaningless #s
    the average fan is wowed by fantasy #s, it is why the average fan has thought in the past few years that tony Romo is great, Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub, etc... it is why fans think Peyton is top 5 all time, I judge QBs on making plays when they count the most.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -2105
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,044
    vCash:
    2255
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the average fan is wowed by fantasy #s, it is why the average fan has thought in the past few years that tony Romo is great, Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub, etc... it is why fans think Peyton is top 5 all time, I judge QBs on making plays when they count the most.
    My favorite. The good old "you guys only consider stats because youre an average fan" argument.

    If buttfumble is good, why will nobody trade for him? He can be had for a used dry rotten condom, yet nobody wants him. I suppose all the GMs are average fans as well. Glad youre here levitating over everyone t show us the error in our ways.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -2106
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,830
    vCash:
    48862
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    cool and another one of our ex-players says this:

    Bart Scott:

    – On buttfumble’s regression and lack of WRs: “He was on top of the world the first two years, but then every year they seemed to take his weapons away. … He was throwing to guys that I didn’t know their names. … ‘I worked out Tuesday, I’m the next starting receiver.’ I’m like, who’s this guy?”

    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...boomer-carton/[COLOR="Silver"]
    .
    Sounds like Scott is only talking about 2012. Otherwise, which WR started for the the Jets from 2009 - 2011 that Bart Scott didn't know who they were? Burress? Mason? Holmes? Kerley? Maybe Patrick Turner but he only started 1 game for you guys.

    More from Scott:

    – On Geno Smith vs. Mark buttfumble: “Let’s be honest, if Mark can’t go, he’s putting his future as a starter in the NFL in jeopardy.

    Interesting that he didn't say his future as a starter with the Jets. He said future as a starter in the NFL. That is basically what Tomlinson said.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -2107
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,532
    vCash:
    17344
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    My favorite. The good old "you guys only consider stats because youre an average fan" argument.

    If buttfumble is good, why will nobody trade for him? He can be had for a used dry rotten condom, yet nobody wants him. I suppose all the GMs are average fans as well. Glad youre here levitating over everyone t show us the error in our ways.
    b/c of his salary, why would anytime invest big $ in him when they can get him for cheap after he clears waivers?

    That's something an average fan doesn't consider.

    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Sounds like Scott is only talking about 2012. Otherwise, which WR started for the the Jets from 2009 - 2011 that Bart Scott didn't know who they were? Burress? Mason? Holmes? Kerley? Maybe Patrick Turner but he only started 1 game for you guys.

    More from Scott:

    – On Geno Smith vs. Mark buttfumble: “Let’s be honest, if Mark can’t go, he’s putting his future as a starter in the NFL in jeopardy.

    Interesting that he didn't say his future as a starter with the Jets. He said future as a starter in the NFL. That is basically what Tomlinson said.
    2012 is the only bad year Mark had.

    mark is going to have to be a backup for a little while and when the starter gets hurt he'll get another shot. It will be up to him to take advantage.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -2108
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,044
    vCash:
    2255
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    b/c of his salary, why would anytime invest big $ in him when they can get him for cheap after he clears waivers?

    That's something an average fan doesn't consider.
    If Im an NFL GM and I have a hole at starting QB, I dont wait and hope he chooses me in FA. I go and get him. buttfumble' contract isnt an issue if hes a franchise QB.

    That's something an enlightened fan such as yourself obviously doesnt consider.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -2109
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,830
    vCash:
    48862
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2012 is the only bad year Mark had.

    mark is going to have to be a backup for a little while and when the starter gets hurt he'll get another shot. It will be up to him to take advantage.
    I don't get it. You will overlook the bad stats in 2009 / 2010 when the team was successful but then overlook the teams failure in 2011 just because he had a decent TD total. He still turned the ball over 26 times and was a huge reason why they missed the playoffs in 2011. You can't have it both ways. If you are going to give him credit for team success, then you have to also blame him when the team fails.

    If buttfumble was as good as you think he is, he wouldn't have to be a backup and wait until a starter gets injured to get another opportunity. If Rivers, Romo or any other QB you think Mark is better than got cut, do you think that they would have to be a backup somewhere? Are GM's just average fans that only care about fantasy numbers?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -2110
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Sink or Swim, Fin Fan 4 Life

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    4,949
    vCash:
    7797
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo LogoSnakes!Dolphins Homer

    Re: LOL @ The Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If Im an NFL GM and I have a hole at starting QB, I dont wait and hope he chooses me in FA. I go and get him. buttfumble' contract isnt an issue if hes a franchise QB.

    That's something an enlightened fan such as yourself obviously doesnt consider.
    Best example. Peyton Manning. Denver didn't even bat an eye at the contract he wanted. It was a done deal. Why? Because he is a franchise quarterback. You can talk all you want about his regular seasons being better than his post seasons. In the end the guy has proven he CAN lead a team to the Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl. Not fall short the game before.

    Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. Jets Beat Writer guarantees Jets victory over Dolphins in Week 3
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Thanks Pats* for that BEATDOWN! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
    By GreatBJ#Me in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •