Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 212 of 355 FirstFirst ... 207208209210211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3544

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2111
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If Im an NFL GM and I have a hole at starting QB, I dont wait and hope he chooses me in FA. I go and get him. Sanchez' contract isnt an issue if hes a franchise QB.

That's something an enlightened fan such as yourself obviously doesnt consider.
    he's damaged goods right now, he obviously has franchise potential but it makes no sense to trade for him. This is basic football stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I don't get it. You will overlook the bad stats in 2009 / 2010 when the team was successful but then overlook the teams failure in 2011 just because he had a decent TD total. He still turned the ball over 26 times and was a huge reason why they missed the playoffs in 2011. You can't have it both ways. If you are going to give him credit for team success, then you have to also blame him when the team fails.

If Sanchez was as good as you think he is, he wouldn't have to be a backup and wait until a starter gets injured to get another opportunity. If Rivers, Romo or any other QB you think Mark is better than got cut, do you think that they would have to be a backup somewhere? Are GM's just average fans that only care about fantasy numbers?
    '09 he had 3-4 horrendous games that skewed his #s but he was good the majority of the year and really good in postseason.

In 2010 his #s were good and again was really good in postseason

In 2011 his #s were pretty good but he fell off late in the year.

In 2012 he was horrendous most of the year

He gets credit when he deserve sit and blame when he deserves it. Some games we won he wasn't very good, some games we lost he did enough to win. I never have said he carried us to a playoff season or playoff win, he was part of the puzzle and a vital part.

Romo, Rivers, etc... never had a year like Mark did last year. If mark was coming off 2011 he'd be picked up to start in a second. The other guys have put up consistent #s for many years, that doesn't make them better. I'd trust mark in a big game over any of them and we saw that head to hea dw/ Rivers in '09.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Best example. Peyton Manning. Denver didn't even bat an eye at the contract he wanted. It was a done deal. Why? Because he is a franchise quarterback. You can talk all you want about his regular seasons being better than his post seasons. In the end the guy has proven he CAN lead a team to the Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl. Not fall short the game before.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    he's an all time great reg season QB and do you think it is fair to compare him to mark?

By the way, he was along for the ride for the SB win throwing 3 TDs and 7 INTs in their playoff run w/ one great half against a depleted NE team at home in the title game. In 2009 he had a good postseason until throwing away the SB like he has thrown away so many SB chances for the loaded Colts and now Broncos through the years.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2112
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he's damaged goods right now, he obviously has franchise potential but it makes no sense to trade for him. This is basic football stuff here.
    So he sucks right now?

Quote Quote  

3. -2113
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we live in a what have you done for me lately society and what he did last year was brutal. Not all his fault but still brutal. when he clears waivers he'll get picked up pretty quickly but no team would trade for him, it is foolish to do so.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2114
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

'09 he had 3-4 horrendous games that skewed his #s but he was good the majority of the year and really good in postseason.

In 2010 his #s were good and again was really good in postseason

In 2011 his #s were pretty good but he fell off late in the year.

In 2012 he was horrendous most of the year

He gets credit when he deserve sit and blame when he deserves it. Some games we won he wasn't very good, some games we lost he did enough to win. I never have said he carried us to a playoff season or playoff win, he was part of the puzzle and a vital part.

Romo, Rivers, etc... never had a year like Mark did last year. If mark was coming off 2011 he'd be picked up to start in a second. The other guys have put up consistent #s for many years, that doesn't make them better. I'd trust mark in a big game over any of them and we saw that head to hea dw/ Rivers in '09.
    4 games is 25% of the season. That isn't really skewing things.

We saw that we could trust Sanchez in a big game with the head to head with Rivers in 2009?
    The Jets had 3 scoring drives against SD. On those 3 scoring drives, Sanchez accounted for just 13 passing yards, 1 TD and had just (2) 3rd down conversions. Put Rivers on that team and limit him the way Sanchez was and I have a feeling he would be able to throw for 13 yards and hand it off to the RB as well as Sanchez did.

We've seen what happens when they open things up with Sanchez. They hire Tony Sparano and trade for Tim Tebow to run the WC.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2115
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    My favorite. The good old "you guys only consider stats because youre an average fan" argument.

If Sanchez is good, why will nobody trade for him? He can be had for a used dry rotten condom, yet nobody wants him. I suppose all the GMs are average fans as well. Glad youre here levitating over everyone t show us the error in our ways.
    "he can be had for a used dry rotten condom"
    Quote Quote  

6. -2116
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: LOL @ The Jets

he's an all time great reg season QB and do you think it is fair to compare him to mark?

By the way, he was along for the ride for the SB win throwing 3 TDs and 7 INTs in their playoff run w/ one great half against a depleted NE team at home in the title game. In 2009 he had a good postseason until throwing away the SB like he has thrown away so many SB chances for the loaded Colts and now Broncos through the years.
    The point was, even coming off a bad injury, crappy post season numbers, which are completely eclipsed by actually making AND winning a Super Bowl, the Broncos signed him.

Even if the Colts hadn't released him and were shopping him around, you can bet your ass Denver would have still traded for him because they know the potential up side to Manning out weigh the negative.

The comparison, which if you were so good at reading and comprehending as you claim, is that if Sanchez is as good as you claim him to be, teams would have initiated trade talks REGARDLESS of his salary. But because teams employ experts to evaluate the potential of a player, they obviously see the negatives out weigh the positives. Because everyone else can read the writing on the wall, except you, that by drafting Smith, Idziks (sp?) is ready to move on and rebuild and would have traded Sanchez in a heart beat if someone had wanted him. And for all we know a trade could still happen if someone loses a quarterback early on this season.

Quote Quote  

7. -2117
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    The excuses keep mounting:

• salary is high

• he's damaged goods (interesting when you said the rumors about him not starting week 1 were just rumors and not fact)

• No WRs to throw to

• They hired a new GM who wanted his own QB. You know, b/c this happens all the time to successful teams with successful QBs.

Quote Quote  

8. -2118
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: LOL @ The Jets

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The excuses keep mounting:

• salary is high

• he's damaged goods (interesting when you said the rumors about him not starting week 1 were just rumors and not fact)

• No WRs to throw to

• They hired a new GM who wanted his own QB. You know, b/c this happens all the time to successful teams with successful QBs.
    Don't forget the he has had the learn a new system the past couple of years.

Quote Quote  

9. -2119
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Revis sharing jets secrets with the bucs

Revis- "I'll spill the beans"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...k-jets-secrets

Revis, who will open the season Sunday with his new team against his old team, said he's been sharing secrets about the Jets with his coaches and teammates.

"It's just one of those things, when a player comes from another team, [offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan] is asking a couple of questions about [the Jets'] defense and what are the base calls, I spill them," Revis said. "I'll spill the beans and let him know what we used to run and let him know what things Coach [Rex] Ryan might do. It's almost like stealing a little bit. That's what you've got to do. You take the information and pass it to the offensive coordinator."

Revis said he also has been breaking down the Jets' receivers for the other members of the secondary.

"I know these guys," Revis said. "I played against them every day in practice. I've got a bunch of tips on those guys and the good thing about it is I've been sharing them with our secondary, telling Leonard [Johnson] tips about these guys, telling Johnthan Banks, telling Dashon [Goldson] about it and Mark [Barron] as well. We'll come into this game real comfortable just from the experience I had there and knowing these guys."
    Revis also seemed to find it humorous when informed of a New York Daily News report that said Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith hasn't studied any film of him.

"I don't understand why he didn't study me because I will be on the opposite side," Revis said. "But I don't know what their game plan is or what their preparation is and personally, I don't know what Geno's preparation is. But I would hope that if you're playing against another opponent, you should study everybody on the opposing team. If that's the case, that's the case. I'm studying him. Just to let him know, I'm studying him. I guess we'll just leave it at that."
    Quote Quote  

10. -2120
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    cool and another one of our ex-players says this:

Bart Scott:

On Sanchezs regression and lack of WRs: He was on top of the world the first two years, but then every year they seemed to take his weapons away. He was throwing to guys that I didnt know their names. I worked out Tuesday, Im the next starting receiver. Im like, whos this guy?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...boomer-carton/

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

the average fan is wowed by fantasy #s, it is why the average fan has thought in the past few years that tony Romo is great, Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub, etc... it is why fans think Peyton is top 5 all time, I judge QBs on making plays when they count the most.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote