Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 213 of 335 FirstFirst ... 208209210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3341

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2121
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he's damaged goods right now, he obviously has franchise potential but it makes no sense to trade for him. This is basic football stuff here.

'09 he had 3-4 horrendous games that skewed his #s but he was good the majority of the year and really good in postseason.

In 2010 his #s were good and again was really good in postseason

In 2011 his #s were pretty good but he fell off late in the year.

In 2012 he was horrendous most of the year

He gets credit when he deserve sit and blame when he deserves it. Some games we won he wasn't very good, some games we lost he did enough to win. I never have said he carried us to a playoff season or playoff win, he was part of the puzzle and a vital part.

Romo, Rivers, etc... never had a year like Mark did last year. If mark was coming off 2011 he'd be picked up to start in a second. The other guys have put up consistent #s for many years, that doesn't make them better. I'd trust mark in a big game over any of them and we saw that head to hea dw/ Rivers in '09.

he's an all time great reg season QB and do you think it is fair to compare him to mark?

By the way, he was along for the ride for the SB win throwing 3 TDs and 7 INTs in their playoff run w/ one great half against a depleted NE team at home in the title game. In 2009 he had a good postseason until throwing away the SB like he has thrown away so many SB chances for the loaded Colts and now Broncos through the years.

The fact is, Mark Sanchez is not close to being a good quarterback. He's merely a skidmark on the underpants of the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2122
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: LOL @ The Jets

Obvious franchise potential yet makes no sense for a team to trade for. Junc is one of the greatest trolls the interwebs will ever see.

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -2123
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

LOL @ The Jets

Not sure why it's so hard to comprehend that a bad QB can have a good stretch of games. Doesn't make him a good QB. NFL history is filled with them.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2124
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After the Buccaneers pound Geno Smith until there is literally diarrhea coming out of his ears it's going to be pretty goddamn hilarious reading theganggreen. The over/under on appearances of "soj" -- also known as "Same ol' Jets" -- will be in the hundreds, if not the hundreds of thousands.

"I hope you guys are HAPPY!"

"It's time to put Mark back in."

"Play dead for Ted."

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2125
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    4 games is 25% of the season. That isn't really skewing things.

We saw that we could trust Sanchez in a big game with the head to head with Rivers in 2009?
    The Jets had 3 scoring drives against SD. On those 3 scoring drives, Sanchez accounted for just 13 passing yards, 1 TD and had just (2) 3rd down conversions. Put Rivers on that team and limit him the way Sanchez was and I have a feeling he would be able to throw for 13 yards and hand it off to the RB as well as Sanchez did.

We've seen what happens when they open things up with Sanchez. They hire Tony Sparano and trade for Tim Tebow to run the WC.
    15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games. the other 11 he threw just 5. He was good the majority of the year.

The difference in that SD game was play at QB, a overrated stat guy trying to do too much cost his team while a learning rookie didn't force things and made big plays to win. Put Rivers on our team and we don't make either title game, we'd be lucky to win a playoff game in those years. He had MORE talent in SD and the only title game he ever reached his backup came in and led them to the GW TD.

The Jets didn't open things up in 2011 by choice, they couldn't run and were forced to pass which kept us in many games. Our D was the main culprit that year.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    The point was, even coming off a bad injury, crappy post season numbers, which are completely eclipsed by actually making AND winning a Super Bowl, the Broncos signed him.

Even if the Colts hadn't released him and were shopping him around, you can bet your ass Denver would have still traded for him because they know the potential up side to Manning out weigh the negative.

The comparison, which if you were so good at reading and comprehending as you claim, is that if Sanchez is as good as you claim him to be, teams would have initiated trade talks REGARDLESS of his salary. But because teams employ experts to evaluate the potential of a player, they obviously see the negatives out weigh the positives. Because everyone else can read the writing on the wall, except you, that by drafting Smith, Idziks (sp?) is ready to move on and rebuild and would have traded Sanchez in a heart beat if someone had wanted him. And for all we know a trade could still happen if someone loses a quarterback early on this season.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Denver had Tim Tebow who they desperately wanted to get rid of and Peyton is still an all time great though you are not likely to win a SB w/ him. Peyton always gets his teams to the playoffs and that is half the battle, the problem is once in the playoffs he turns into a mediocre QB.

The situations are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The excuses keep mounting:

• salary is high

• he's damaged goods (interesting when you said the rumors about him not starting week 1 were just rumors and not fact)

• No WRs to throw to

• They hired a new GM who wanted his own QB. You know, b/c this happens all the time to successful teams with successful QBs.
    I apologize you don't understand this game, I try to help but you don't want to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Not sure why it's so hard to comprehend that a bad QB can have a good stretch of games. Doesn't make him a good QB. NFL history is filled with them.
    show me all the examples in NFL history of a bad QB making back to back title games, winning multiple playoff games in 2 different years and beating the hottest team in the conf on the road in the div rd each year? It should be easy to find since NFL history is filled w/ them.

I agree for a few game stretch a team can win in spit of their QB but 2 years? 6 road playoff games? not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    After the Buccaneers pound Geno Smith until there is literally diarrhea coming out of his ears it's going to be pretty goddamn hilarious reading theganggreen. The over/under on appearances of "soj" -- also known as "Same ol' Jets" -- will be in the hundreds, if not the hundreds of thousands.

"I hope you guys are HAPPY!"

"It's time to put Mark back in."

"Play dead for Ted."

weren't you guys on board for "suck for Luck" 2 years ago? SOD is missing the playoffs every year and the odd times you do make it getting humiliated in your playoff loss.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2126
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    This is in reply to your post not expressly directed at u so dont take offense. Its kind of hypocritcal how some dont want to give Sanchez any credit but he did take his team deep in playoffs twice but then use the opposite excuse to excuse away how good Matt Ryan has been as a pro.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2127
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: LOL @ The Jets

Denver had Tim Tebow who they desperately wanted to get rid of and Peyton is still an all time great though you are not likely to win a SB w/ him. Peyton always gets his teams to the playoffs and that is half the battle, the problem is once in the playoffs he turns into a mediocre QB.

Keep telling yourself that buddy. Again, if Sanchez is as great as you tote him to be this wouldn't even be speculation, let alone a discussion.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2128
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    This is in reply to your post not expressly directed at u so dont take offense. Its kind of hypocritcal how some dont want to give Sanchez any credit but he did take his team deep in playoffs twice but then use the opposite excuse to excuse away how good Matt Ryan has been as a pro.
    Sounds like you're advocating as the best of all worlds for Atl, trading for Buttboy, playing Melty in the regular season and then, especially, if your playoff opponent happens to be a dead team walking or a perennial post season choker with a choking kicker, have Sanchez locked and loaded as your starter ?

Quote Quote  

9. -2129
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games. the other 11 he threw just 5. He was good the majority of the year.

The difference in that SD game was play at QB, a overrated stat guy trying to do too much cost his team while a learning rookie didn't force things and made big plays to win. Put Rivers on our team and we don't make either title game, we'd be lucky to win a playoff game in those years. He had MORE talent in SD and the only title game he ever reached his backup came in and led them to the GW TD.

The Jets didn't open things up in 2011 by choice, they couldn't run and were forced to pass which kept us in many games. Our D was the main culprit that year.

I apologize you don't understand this game, I try to help but you don't want to listen.

show me all the examples in NFL history of a bad QB making back to back title games, winning multiple playoff games in 2 different years and beating the hottest team in the conf on the road in the div rd each year? It should be easy to find since NFL history is filled w/ them.

I agree for a few game stretch a team can win in spit of their QB but 2 years? 6 road playoff games? not happening.

weren't you guys on board for "suck for Luck" 2 years ago? SOD is missing the playoffs every year and the odd times you do make it getting humiliated in your playoff loss.
    Bad QBs have won the Super Bowl. Bad QBs have made it to the Super Bowl and lost. The Jets as a whole overachieved in 2009-10 playoffs. Sanchez had a couple of really good games and a couple of stinkers as well. He played big at times in Jan no doubt. But when you look at the totality of his play, he is not a good QB.

So many excuses about his lack of weapons. His lack of weapons doesn't excuse his fumbling the ball away. Or having accuracy issues at short distances. Or making boneheaded decisions under pressure. And it's not as if he does this on occasion. He has done this consistently over his entire 4 years as the Jets starter.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2130
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I agree. Ryan has been really good in regular season but folds in big moments. Just like Tony Romo. Sanchez has outplayed those two in Jan but it still doesn't make him a good QB. A good QB in my view is a guy you can rely on consistently. Sanchez, doesn't fit that. At this point neither does Romo or Ryan. Hell Peyton Manning is a great regular season QB but not the same player in Jan. Sanchez gets a lot of grief yet many look across town and label Eli as elite. Eli is far from elite. He honestly reminds me at times of Sanchez. The difference is his 2 rings

Would I like to have drafted Ryan? Sure but if we did I can't say I would be pleased with his post season play.
    Quote Quote