Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 214 of 323 FirstFirst ... 209210211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3222

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2131
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I apologize you don't understand this game, I try to help but you don't want to listen.
    When in doubt, deflect.

Quote Quote  

2. -2132
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was an interesting discussion this morning by Ty Law on Boomer and Carton this morning...

Boomer -- "what was the mindset of the Patriot defense leading up to their games against Mark Sanchez?"

Law ---- "We felt like this ... Just be patient, and eventually he'll give the game to you"

It's unfortunate that him being benched will take away some of the finer points in this thread.
    Quote Quote  

3. -2133
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Mark wasn't really benched, he's hurt.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -2134
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Bad QBs have won the Super Bowl. Bad QBs have made it to the Super Bowl and lost. The Jets as a whole overachieved in 2009-10 playoffs. Sanchez had a couple of really good games and a couple of stinkers as well. He played big at times in Jan no doubt. But when you look at the totality of his play, he is not a good QB.

So many excuses about his lack of weapons. His lack of weapons doesn't excuse his fumbling the ball away. Or having accuracy issues at short distances. Or making boneheaded decisions under pressure. And it's not as if he does this on occasion. He has done this consistently over his entire 4 years as the Jets starter.
    what bad QBs have won the SB?

bad Qbs have made it when not playing bad and were they able to replicate it?

he has issues, I never said he'd be great if he had weapons but he was very good when he did have quality weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    When in doubt, deflect.
    all you do is deflect b/c you have no clue about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    It was an interesting discussion this morning by Ty Law on Boomer and Carton this morning...

Boomer -- "what was the mindset of the Patriot defense leading up to their games against Mark Sanchez?"

Law ---- "We felt like this ... Just be patient, and eventually he'll give the game to you"

It's unfortunate that him being benched will take away some of the finer points in this thread.
    That is so incredibly interesting seeing that Ty was never on the Pats when they faced a Sanchez team and I wonder if the players who were actually on the team felt that way in 3 of the first 5 games they played including a div rd game at home?
    Quote Quote  

5. -2135
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now we have the geno show...

Quote:
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis thinks it’s pretty darn funny that Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith deemed it unnecessary to studyhim on tape.

“I mean, I don’t think it’s necessary,” Smith said this week before being named New York’s starting quarterback for Week 1. “Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. You pretty much get the idea of what kind of player he is based on his reputation.”

Revis, widely regarded as the best in the galaxy at his position, was traded by the Jets this offseason. According to CBSSports.com, the All-Pro corner couldn’t help but laugh throughout his response when told of Smith’s quote.

“I don’t understand why (laughing) he didn’t study me?” Revis said. “(Laughing more.) Because I will be on the opposite side. But I don’t know what their gameplan or their preparation is. And personally I don’t know what Geno’s preparation is but I would hope if you’re playing against another opponent you should (laughing once more) study everybody on the opposing team.

“I’m studying him. (Still laughing.) Just to let him know, I’m studying him.”

The Jets announced Wednesday that Smith would get the starting nod with Mark Sanchez recovering from an injured shoulder.

“Everyone knows about Revis Island,” Smith said Wednesday. “I’m excited to go against a guy like that. That’s what this league is all about, facing guys who are of stellar performance. He’s one of those guys. I look forward to facing that defense. He’s one of the leaders of that defense. It’s going to be fun.”

Smith, New York’s second-round pick out of West Virginia, said he started watching tape of Tampa Bay — though apparently not including Revis — when he got word that he wouldn’t play in the final preseason game.

“I started the Philadelphia week, when I got word that I wouldn’t be playing, I started looking at Tampa Bay and it helped me out,” he said.

Meanwhile, Revis has been giving his new teammates “tips” on the Jets.

“I know these guys. I played against them every day in practice. So I’ve got a bunch of tips on those guys,” Revis said. “And the good thing about it, I’ve been sharing them in our secondary. … We will come into this game real comfortable. We really will, just from the experience I had there and knowing these guys.”
    Quote Quote  

6. -2136
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    all you do is deflect b/c you have no clue about this game.
    There isn't one other person here who thinks the Jets were elite and that Sanchez is a good QB. To you that makes me a football nitwit. Guess what? The entire site is full of nitwits then based on your logic.

The bigger question has to be "Why do you waste time here when all we are is dimwitted cretins who don't know the game"?
    Quote Quote  

7. -2137
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: LOL @ The Jets

There isn't one other person here who thinks the Jets were elite and that Sanchez is a good QB. To you that makes me a football nitwit. Guess what? The entire site is full of nitwits then based on your logic.

The bigger question has to be "Why do you waste time here when all we are is dimwitted cretins who don't know the game"?
    I am starting to agree with the folks over at Gang Green that he is paid to promote the Jets. I mean what other reason could there be? Because, as you just said, why waste the time on people if no one will buy the crap your selling?

I mean don't get me wrong, we have our homers here too. But at the same time even our homers have to stop and say, "Gee, our team isn't doing so well. Maybe it's time for a change". As opposed to just continually trying to convince everyone that we should just stick with the same old game plan regardless of how many times they **** up.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2138
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

That means nothing to me, when a team is a final 4 team 2 straight years they are one of the best and elite. When you help your team win 4 road playoff games in 2 years you are good.

There is a very small % of fans who truly understand the game on ALL boards, I am not bashing phin fans. Most fans evaluate based strictly on #s, you can have your Philip rivers types, you won't win w/ them. Give Mark some weapons and it is proven you can win.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I am starting to agree with the folks over at Gang Green that he is paid to promote the Jets. I mean what other reason could there be? Because, as you just said, why waste the time on people if no one will buy the crap your selling?

I mean don't get me wrong, we have our homers here too. But at the same time even our homers have to stop and say, "Gee, our team isn't doing so well. Maybe it's time for a change". As opposed to just continually trying to convince everyone that we should just stick with the same old game plan regardless of how many times they **** up.

I am not selling anything, wherever misinformation is being spread I will be there to debunk it.

I'm such a homer I picked the team to win 6 games, do you guys know what a homer is? it's folks like you guys who predict playoffs year after year and the team never gets close.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2139
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The ButtFumble is dead. Long live the ButtFumble.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2140
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    people view the ongoing buttfumble saga as a negative but if that happened to an irrelevant franchise like Miami or Buffalo it would have been forgotten so I take it as an honor it stayed up there for so long.
    Quote Quote