Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 225 of 356 FirstFirst ... 220221222223224225226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3554

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2241
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    so you are saying the Jets cheated?
    I'm comfortable with this assessment
    Quote Quote  

2. -2242
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so you are saying the Jets cheated?

No not at all; I'm saying it took an outside force beyond their natural capabilities to cross a particular threshhold.

Quote Quote  

3. -2243
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    No not at all; I'm saying it took an outside force beyond their natural capabilities to cross a particular threshhold.
    but that's not true, we got a break and took advantage which is what good teams do. It is what Miami did for their lone playoff app since 2002 and they got even more breaks. They followed up that season w/ another title game app the next year proving 2009 was not a fluke.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2244

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not true.. no (at best) true 8-8 teams that season would have made the playoffs... especially ones who beat opponents with a cumulative sub .400 winning % and had recently lost 6 out of 7.

But then again, we're arguing about who's the bigger loser, so while it's all relative, unless you at least win a conference championship, close only counts in horseshoes
    Quote Quote  

5. -2245
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not true.. no (at best) true 8-8 teams that season would have made the playoffs... especially ones who beat opponents with a cumulative sub .400 winning % and had recently lost 6 out of 7.

But then again, we're arguing about who's the bigger loser, so while it's all relative, unless you at least win a conference championship, close only counts in horseshoes
    we lost 6 of 7 midseason, we won 5 of our last 6 games and 3 of 4 heading into that Indy game.

In 2008 you had no Brady and an easier sched.

our 9 wins in 2009 came against teams w/ a 73-71 record, 51% and 3 playoff bound teams

your 2008 11 wins came against teams w/ a 63-97 record, 39% and 1 playoff bound team that was 8-8

factor in no Brady and the Favre choke and your road was MUCH easier.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2246
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I gave Barry Bonds credit for breaking Hammering Hank's HR record too - well at least until it was evident that it took more than his natural abilities to achieve that.
    Why would you do that, I don't understand....

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

but that's not true, we got a break and took advantage which is what good teams do. It is what Miami did for their lone playoff app since 2002 and they got even more breaks. They followed up that season w/ another title game app the next year proving 2009 was not a fluke.
    I wouldn't call it a fluke but I'd wonder why they haven't had a winning record since then...

Quote Quote  

7. -2247
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So is Mark Sanchez still greater than Chad Henne......less than...........equal to????????
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

8. -2248

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we lost 6 of 7 midseason, we won 5 of our last 6 games and 3 of 4 heading into that Indy game.

In 2008 you had no Brady and an easier sched.

our 9 wins in 2009 came against teams w/ a 73-71 record, 51% and 3 playoff bound teams

your 2008 11 wins came against teams w/ a 63-97 record, 39% and 1 playoff bound team that was 8-8

factor in no Brady and the Favre choke and your road was MUCH easier.
    you're counting the scrubs for Cinci and Indy (14 of those "wins") who both conceded the games as "meaningless" in your winning percentage, and season close out stats? C'mon now. How about the 7 wins before the two that were scrub gift-wrapped? I believe the only team you beat that had a winning record who was actually trying to win was Houston and that was the first game.

We actually won a division with 3 teams going 9 wins or better and NE actually winning 1 more game without Brady than they did the following year with Brady. We also orchestrated the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL.

Quote Quote  

9. -2249
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Why would you do that, I don't understand....

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I wouldn't call it a fluke but I'd wonder why they haven't had a winning record since then...
    we have only had one losing record since then too.

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    So is Mark Sanchez still greater than Chad Henne......less than...........equal to????????
    still better.

you're counting the scrubs for Cinci and Indy (14 of those "wins") who both conceded the games as "meaningless" in your winning percentage, and season close out stats? C'mon now. How about the 7 wins before the two that were scrub gift-wrapped? I believe the only team you beat that had a winning record who was actually trying to win was Houston and that was the first game.

We actually won a division with 3 teams going 9 wins or better and NE actually winning 1 more game without Brady than they did the following year with Brady. We also orchestrated the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL.

let's take out Indy and the win % is still greater, Cincy played starters for a half and the score was 27-0, we then whipped them in Cincy 6 days later.

we beat Houston on the road in the opener, if Hou wins that game they would have made the playoffs. We also beat New England.

we had 3 teams w/ 9 wins b/c the sched was a creampuff. Our 2009 team was a million times better than 2008 but had the same record. How come you discount the Jets against Indy and Cincy but don't do the same for NE in week 17? they rested players, they didn't need the game or they would have had 11 wins against a tougher sched than 2008.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2250
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    we have only had one losing record since then too.
    15-18 since. .454 winning % since.
    Quote Quote