Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 24 of 505 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -231
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got 23 pages of problems but a bitch ain't one!
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -232
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Things do change, but the Packers showed throughout the season that they were capable of losing big to average teams. They lost another home playoffs game against the 8-8 Vikings in 2004. Were they still hurting from the Jets beating them so bad?

I agree that it was close, but he clearly has an empty hand when his arm starts going forward. When he was going to attempt to throw, the ball was right behind the 20. When he got hit, the ball landed right behind the 20. If the ball was in his hand when his arm was moving forward, it would have landed in front of the 20. It was the right call and very different from the Raiders blown call which would have ended the game. I think it is ridiculous to say that the Raiders were better under Callihan the next year, and base that on them advancing further in the playoffs when a blown got knocked them out the year before. I think you do as well.

The 2002 Jets won 9 games and lost in the divisional round by 20. NE also beat Miami (11-5), so they beat 2 winning teams (not 1) in the last 5 weeks, but more importantly, they beat 13-3 Pitt and the 14-2 Rams to win the Super Bowl. There is no comparison at all.

I've never changed. You want to take away the Giants 1st SB win and the following 12-4 season, to line them up with the Jets 2 AFCCG losses. Even in doing so, the Giants still won another Super Bowl which the Jets have not done. If I had the ability to erase the Giants 1st SB and the following 12-4 season, I would probably not consider the 2009-2011 Giants as an elite team since they would only have 1 quality regular season out of 3. The Jets have 1 quality season out of 3 and have not won anything. Even if you erase the Giants 2007 / 2008 seasons, they are still way ahead of the Jets since they won the Super Bowl in 2011. Some might say that any team that wins a Super Bowl is elite, but to me elite teams are consistently elite. I would have to wait and see what the Giants did to determine that. But the facts are, they did win Super Bowls in 2007 / 2011 and they did have quality seasons 3 our of 5 times. That is elite. 1 out of 3 with no division titles and no Super Bowl wins, is not.
    Every team loses some games they shouldn't. last year the Giants were swept by Washington, NE got beat by Buffalo. Gb lost a game in week 2 at NO who was a 9-7 team that started out the season 6-1. they also lost to the eventual champs and the Jets. The only bad loss was to a bad Minny team but that is a big division rivalry.

His hand was not empty when he started throwing the ball, he lost it as his arm was moving forward.

I said hottest, I didn't say all season long. Remember, we started 2-5 that year so we finished 7-2 including those whippings we gave NE(who wouldn't lose another home game until 3 seasons later), GB & Indy. NE ended 2001 7-2 so again just as hot except they were beating up mostly weaker teams.

You have changed, the proof is in the posts. You are just trying to diminish what the Jets have done under Rex.

How is making 2 title games 1 quality season out of 3? you give the giants more credit for winning a meaningless 10th game after being blown out at Gb the week before than you do the Jets making the title game in '09.
    Quote Quote  

3. -233
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Every team loses some games they shouldn't. last year the Giants were swept by Washington, NE got beat by Buffalo. Gb lost a game in week 2 at NO who was a 9-7 team that started out the season 6-1. they also lost to the eventual champs and the Jets. The only bad loss was to a bad Minny team but that is a big division rivalry.

His hand was not empty when he started throwing the ball, he lost it as his arm was moving forward.

I said hottest, I didn't say all season long. Remember, we started 2-5 that year so we finished 7-2 including those whippings we gave NE(who wouldn't lose another home game until 3 seasons later), GB & Indy. NE ended 2001 7-2 so again just as hot except they were beating up mostly weaker teams.

You have changed, the proof is in the posts. You are just trying to diminish what the Jets have done under Rex.

How is making 2 title games 1 quality season out of 3? you give the giants more credit for winning a meaningless 10th game after being blown out at Gb the week before than you do the Jets making the title game in '09.
    They struggled with the Falcons week 1, they lost by 15 to a non playoff team in NO in week 2. They struggled with the 7-9 Panthers in week 4. They lost to a 6-10 Vikings team in week 14 and got blown out by a 9-7 Jets team in week 17. If you want me to beleive that the Packers were as great as you claim, then you need to include the Jets game as "Every team loses some games they shouldn't".

I've seen the play a hundred times and his hand was empty. If his arm was moving forward with the ball in his hand, why didn't the ball travel forward with his arm? There is a point when you have to realize that you are a biased Jets fan and when everyone else (including non bias commentators) are saying it was the right call, then is was more than likely the right call.

If the proof is in the post, then quote the post. The only thing I have ever said was to me to consider a team elite, they need to have quality regulars seasons and not just playoff success. You try and claim that the Giants didn't have quality regular seasons. I pointed out that the Giants won 10 or more games 3 out of 5 seasons, and then you want to take away the Giants 2007 and 2008 seasons becasue the Jets were busy going 4-12 and 9-7 missing the playoffs both years. I just got through telling you that if you could erase the Giants 2007 and 2008 seasons, I would probably not consider the Giants elite because they had poor regular seasons in 09 and 11. It seems that you just can't get that the Giants still won a Super Bowl and the Jets have not. So, please tell me how exactly I am changing my criteria of what I consider elite just to keep the Jets out when:

A. The Jets have not won a SB or had quality regualr seasons 2 out of 3 years?
    B. The Giants did have quality regular seasons 3 out of 5 seasons with 2 Super Bowl wins
    C. I told you if you could erase the Giants 2007 and 2008 seasons, I probably would not consider the Giants elite.

I could understand you having a problem if I considered a team that had a similar run like the 2007-2010 Cardinals as elite, but I do not. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls and 2 division titles. The Jet haven't won anything.

I give the Giants 2010 regular season about the same amount of credit as the Jets 09 regular season because both teams needed help in order to make the playoffs. The Jets got help by Miami losing their last 2 games and caught a huge break by playing teams that had things wrapped up with no desire to win the game. The Giants had to face the eventual Super Bowl Champs (who were trying to earn a spot in the playoffs) and the Redskins the last 2 games. They lost 2 games to bad teams all year. The 09 Jets lost 6 out of 7 and lost 5 games to bad teams. The Giants won 10 games and the difference between them making the playoffs and missing the playoffs came down to another team losing. The Jets get the advantage in the post season, but I can't judge the post seasons becasue I don't know what the Giants would have done in the playoffs had GB lost. I do know they won the Super Bowl the very next year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -234
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Everyone changes their criteria just to keep the Jets out. It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy!

Quote Quote  

5. -235
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I watch a lot of the NY sports networks,(SNY, YES) and when doing so I see a ton of commercials for the Jets trying real hard to sell tickets. They are trying to get rid of season tickets for dirt cheap. No one is buying them. They cant even sell out in the biggest metropolitan area in the world. They even have the draw of Tim Tebow who brings in rich Christians who arent even football fans.

The Jets are going to be terrible this year and everyone knows it. If you guys get a chance you should watch/listen to Francesa's show in the afternoons. You can find it streaming online at wfan or itunes and on tv on the Yes network. Listening to him hammer on the Jets and have their fans call in trying to defend them is solid gold. Half of their own fans will call and bash them too. Its great.

The Jets offense is attrotious. I thought we had a lack of talent at skill positions. Look at the Jets roster. Outsides of Holmes, who is a punk, and Dustin Keller, they have nobody who can make a play or threaten a defense. They are counting on a rookie at WR to give them a boost. Its hillarious they want to ground and pound and yet the only RB they have is Greene who has proven he cant carry the load. Their OL is total garbage. How in the hell are they going to run the ball. The capper is they have TONY SPARANO running the offense. They are not going to be able to score at all. Their OL will be a revolving door of total sieves.(sp?) With no running backs worth anything, bad QB play, a terrible OL, and nobody who can get open that has a good attitude, this could be one of the worst offenses in history.

The Jets are in for a terrible season. Its going to be great. Their defense is highly overrated as well. And once you put all the pressure on those guys, they are going to fold. Even Revis is complaining going into the season about his contract again. This is a total recipe for disaster. Tebowmania, Sanchez, Holmes' attitude, chaotic fights in camp, Rex losing control and running his mouth, Revis disgruntled, Tony Sparano, and a roster completely void of offensive talent = epic implosion.
    Solid Gold folks.

See Rex wanted to bring in Tebow and pretend he could run it. I will tell you now Rex likes the idea of his offense being totally challenged and not capable of scoring. You see Rex wants it to be all about him. He dosent just want to win, he wants to win the way the Ravens did back in the day. He wants the Jets to win the whole thing without being able to score and his defense dominating its way to a title. That way he can talk about what a defensive genius he is. Too bad for him his defense blows. He dosent have the talent that Baltimore had. No way this team can pull that off. Revis is not going to make a whole defense. They dont have a consistant enough pass rush. They cant get consistant pressure without blitzing and even then they dont always get to the QB. Its going to be a long season for the Jets.

And to cap it off, the phins are a way better team. Much tougher at the LOS. Both teams lack skills position talent, but the phins have the better defense and a way better OL. We are going to smash the **** out of the Jets TWICE. Book it.
    Where do you want your bananas delivered?
    The Jets made a Monkey out of you today!

Great insight ... you really know your football.
    Quote Quote  

6. -236
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    It's good to know that we'll beat the Bills twice again this season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -237
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets offense is attrotious. I thought we had a lack of talent at skill positions. Look at the Jets roster. Outsides of Holmes, who is a punk, and Dustin Keller, they have nobody who can make a play or threaten a defense. They are counting on a rookie at WR to give them a boost. Its hillarious they want to ground and pound and yet the only RB they have is Greene who has proven he cant carry the load. Their OL is total garbage. How in the hell are they going to run the ball.
    Oh you poor thing.

The capper is they have TONY SPARANO running the offense. They are not going to be able to score at all. Their OL will be a revolving door of total sieves.(sp?) With no running backs worth anything, bad QB play, a terrible OL, and nobody who can get open that has a good attitude, this could be one of the worst offenses in history.
    Oh you poor thing again...Eat some crow sir.

The Jets are in for a terrible season. Its going to be great. Their defense is highly overrated as well. And once you put all the pressure on those guys, they are going to fold. Even Revis is complaining going into the season about his contract again. This is a total recipe for disaster. Tebowmania, Sanchez, Holmes' attitude, chaotic fights in camp, Rex losing control and running his mouth, Revis disgruntled, Tony Sparano, and a roster completely void of offensive talent = epic implosion.
    Solid Gold folks.
    Maybe in your world Revis complained. And aren't you glad this offense has no talent? Cuz if it did, God knows what would have happened to those lil Bills.

See Rex wanted to bring in Tebow and pretend he could run it. I will tell you now Rex likes the idea of his offense being totally challenged and not capable of scoring. You see Rex wants it to be all about him. He dosent just want to win, he wants to win the way the Ravens did back in the day. He wants the Jets to win the whole thing without being able to score and his defense dominating its way to a title. That way he can talk about what a defensive genius he is. Too bad for him his defense blows. He dosent have the talent that Baltimore had. No way this team can pull that off. Revis is not going to make a whole defense. They dont have a consistant enough pass rush. They cant get consistant pressure without blitzing and even then they dont always get to the QB. Its going to be a long season for the Jets.
    ZOMG, its all coming together for the phins....The Jets only put up the most points in the week....48.

And to cap it off, the phins are a way better team. Much tougher at the LOS. Both teams lack skills position talent, but the phins have the better defense and a way better OL. We are going to smash the **** out of the Jets TWICE. Book it.
    This one was the best...Phins have possibly the worst team in the NFL right now. Houston blew them out and even the Texans are highly overrated. They lost their best and second best defender, yet Dolphins managed to put nothing significant against them. Whats that, the tipped passes going for ints hurt you? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You get the point....hopefully.

Jets will smash the **** out of the *** sharks...book it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -238
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    It's good to know that we'll beat the Bills twice again this season.
    Oh yeah, thats right...all of a sudden the Bills are now the worst team in the NFL...cuz the Jets kicked their *****. You sir will be a no match for the Bills. Your D sucks, and your offense is worse.

Thank you for the fist pumping meat ball. 6 TDs today. I think that about ties what the Dolphins had the entire 2011. Close enough at least.
    Quote Quote  

9. -239
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    The Jets ****ing blow.

So they got one of their 4 wins on the season out of the way week 1. Good thing for them they play Buffalo twice.
    Quote Quote  

10. -240
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets ****ing blow.

So they got one of their 4 wins on the season out of the way week 1. Good thing for them they play Buffalo twice.
    dont worry wv, when the steelers **** on them next week, it will be back to normal for jet fans. this week in ny everyone is praising sanchez, the offense, etc.

next week, the steelers defense will destroy the jets offense, and jets defense will not be able to stop pitts offense. back to reality jet fans. the dolphins may not be great this year, but neither r u guys.
    Quote Quote