Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 279 of 500 FirstFirst ... 274275276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4993

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2781
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    We didn't have a QB. But I don't want to argue that point. We simply disagree on Sanchez.

I like Geno, loved the pick, but he needs to show some signs of life down the stretch of this season. If Geno continues to look flat more often then not the Jets would be smart to go after a QB in the draft. Let him compete with Geno, or even keep him on the bench for a year and evaluate Geno next season when he hopefully has more weapons.

I'm not saying draft a QB just to draft one but if Geno doesnt improve, and if there is a guy Idzik likes who he thinks he can get, why not?

This year was suppose to be a rebuilding year anyway. This isn't the same as when we drafted Sanchez, we had to stay the course with him for a while. If Idzik decides Geno isnt his guy then all we wasted was a second round pick and a season in which we were suppose to be non competitive anyway. We can't have blind faith in a QB just because we don't want to spend more time trying to find a new one. It's the most important position. Finding a franchise QB will set you up for long term success.
    we'd obviously be much better w/ mark. I am still hopeful for Geno but it's been all downhill since his lone great game at Atlanta.

things change quickly in this league, teams don't take 5 years to rebuild. we have a dominant DL, good OL and run game, good coaching and the last playoff spot is up for grabs w/ a ton of mediocre teams.

If Geno isn't the guy not only did we waste a 2nd rd pick but we wasted an entire year.

Quote Originally Posted by overworkedirish View Post
    Seems like the Bills did a better job at their homework last draft...
    and before last week everyone said Geno was better than EJ. Let's allow these guys to play more than a few games before making a determination.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2782
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by overworkedirish View Post
    Seems like the Bills did a better job at their homework last draft...
    Manuel has been worse then Smith....

Don't forget he missed a bunch of weeks this year due to surgery. He's been horrible though. Geno's had some bright moments.
    Quote Quote  

3. -2783
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geno with another horrible day. I'm worried that Rex is gonna bench him. I want us to face Geno damn it!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -2784
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    9 for 22 127 yds 2 INTs and a lost fumble. 0 TDs and 7 INTs over his last 4 games. His last passing TD was October 20.

The Jets are in the thick of the wild card race. Do they go with Simms?

Quote Quote  

5. -2785
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ^^^
    I think they will go with Simms. HOpe I'm wrong though cause I want the Fins to face Geno badly
    Quote Quote  

6. -2786
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have to learn from past mistakes. The Jets need to learn from what happened with Sanchez.

I'm not saying Geno cant be the guy,but he needs to sit right now. He has physical gifts, but he's very raw. You can't have blind faith in a QB and give me all this crap about how it takes 2-3 years to grow at the position. Geno has looked terrible since the New England game, he's regressing. If he was mixing in some good games like he was earlier in the season i'd be ok with him still being the QB. But we arent even seeing that anymore. It's all been downhill. That can't be allowed to continue. There is nothing wrong with benching him.

The Jets are trying to hide him out there. You can't hide your QB and expect to be successful, they did that with Sanchez too, it eventually caught up with them.

I'd bench him and look to draft a QB next year. Worse comes to worse you have a QB competition in TC. There is nothing wrong with that.

The biggest argument i've had with other Jets fans about drafting a QB in next years draft is that they hate QB competitions, but you should only not have competition at a position when it's obvious you have your guy. It's not obvious with Geno. Not yet, not even close.

The Dolphins are a very average team. But the difference between the Jets and Dolphins is at QB. You have a QB who can play. Right now, we don't. The Jets will either win a very close low scoring game if their defense plays great or they will get blown out.

Right now with Geno at QB, the Jets are not capable of scoring more then 10-13 points.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2787
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    You have to learn from past mistakes. The Jets need to learn from what happened with Sanchez.

I'm not saying Geno cant be the guy,but he needs to sit right now. He has physical gifts, but he's very raw. You can't have blind faith in a QB and give me all this crap about how it takes 2-3 years to grow at the position. Geno has looked terrible since the New England game, he's regressing. If he was mixing in some good games like he was earlier in the season i'd be ok with him still being the QB. But we arent even seeing that anymore. It's all been downhill. That can't be allowed to continue. There is nothing wrong with benching him.

The Jets are trying to hide him out there. You can't hide your QB and expect to be successful, they did that with Sanchez too, it eventually caught up with them.

I'd bench him and look to draft a QB next year. Worse comes to worse you have a QB competition in TC. There is nothing wrong with that.

The biggest argument i've had with other Jets fans about drafting a QB in next years draft is that they hate QB competitions, but you should only not have competition at a position when it's obvious you have your guy. It's not obvious with Geno. Not yet, not even close.

The Dolphins are a very average team. But the difference between the Jets and Dolphins is at QB. You have a QB who can play. Right now, we don't. The Jets will either win a very close low scoring game if their defense plays great or they will get blown out.

Right now with Geno at QB, the Jets are not capable of scoring more then 10-13 points.
    Simms is a rookie. If he gets put in over Geno Smith and Simms looks good to awesome, does that not crush Geno Smith's potential future?
    Quote Quote  

8. -2788
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Simms is a rookie. If he gets put in over Geno Smith and Simms looks good to awesome, does that not crush Geno Smith's potential future?
    If any backup came in and looked awesome it would most likely crush the recently demoted QB's future with that team. So yes. But thats best case scenario. Cause then we would probably have a QB.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2789
    Boondock Saint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cary, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post

Geno is not the guy, we need to ride Simms to see what we have and bring in another vet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2790
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets are going to have to suck it up and bring back Sanchez next year. I believe he'll restructure to stay a Jet... making Rex and nyjunc very happy.
    Quote Quote