Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 287 of 309 FirstFirst ... 282283284285286287288289290291292 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3085

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -2861
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Yes right...Rex just sits at home during the offseason and doesnt come to work during the draft! Rex is definatly involved with who you draft. You have drafted defense early every draft since Rex has been head coach.
    Mark buttfumble ring a bell? Geno in the second, Hill in the second...

I understand your point but to be fair the players Rex has drafted on defense have turned into really good players. Wilkerson is a star and Sheldon is well on his way to becoming one as well. Coples was really good last year, then got hurt this year in the midst of a position change. He got off to slow start but has been playing really well recently and looks to be back in form.

Wilson has been a disappointment and Milliner is still learning but all in all those picks have really worked out. Not to mention another young player who has become one of the best nose tackles in football in Damon Harrison.

If anything i'd say that the offensive players the Jets have drafted early have not panned out. The front office and Rex have definitely neglected offense for defense though, it least when it comes to the draft.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2862
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he's not making those calls though and while they ignored in the draft look at all the FA/trades since the year before Rex:

Thomas Jones
    Alan faneca
    Damien Woody
    Braylon Edwards
    Santonio Holmes
    LT
    Tony Richardson
    Impressive. 3 skill position guys added to the offense as short term solutions. Nice try adding Jones. He was traded for in 2007 and you need to go back 2 years before Rex to add him. Plus you try and add OL to the equation Trying to pad this makes it obvious you see how bad this is yet you still make a feeble attempt to defend it. Pitiful. You need to stop making excuses and look at what is staring you in the face.

Here's a little tidbit for you. Since the opening kickoff of 2011 the Jets point differential is -201. It's -121 this year alone and there is no reason to think it will drastically improve next year. You can continue living on 2 AFC runner ups his first two years (impressive no doubt) but that is a not a trend with him.

You're going to counter with Dolphins drafting but I am sure you know how vocal I have been about how poorly they have done with personnel decisions so don't waste your time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -2863
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Impressive. 3 skill position guys added to the offense as short term solutions. Nice try adding Jones. He was traded for in 2007 and you need to go back 2 years before Rex to add him. Plus you try and add OL to the equation Trying to pad this makes it obvious you see how bad this is yet you still make a feeble attempt to defend it. Pitiful. You need to stop making excuses and look at what is staring you in the face.

Here's a little tidbit for you. Since the opening kickoff of 2011 the Jets point differential is -201. It's -121 this year alone and there is no reason to think it will drastically improve next year. You can continue living on 2 AFC runner ups his first two years (impressive no doubt) but that is a not a trend with him.

You're going to counter with Dolphins drafting but I am sure you know how vocal I have been about how poorly they have done with personnel decisions so don't waste your time.
    so Jones was 2 years before Rex but you get the point. We had talent on O early in Mark's career and he performed, since then it has gone downhill and he hasn't but Tannenbaum had a plan and I think we would have seen more skill position talent this year had he remained GM.

so most of the pt differential is from this year and last year- your point is? another reason why Rex has done an outstanding job w/ the little offensive talent we have had.

I am not countering w/ anything Miami related. This is about the Jets. yes we need to draft better on O but the O was not ignored throughout Rex's time here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2864
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so Jones was 2 years before Rex but you get the point. We had talent on O early in Mark's career and he performed, since then it has gone downhill and he hasn't but Tannenbaum had a plan and I think we would have seen more skill position talent this year had he remained GM.

so most of the pt differential is from this year and last year- your point is? another reason why Rex has done an outstanding job w/ the little offensive talent we have had.

I am not countering w/ anything Miami related. This is about the Jets. yes we need to draft better on O but the O was not ignored throughout Rex's time here.
    As much as you claim to be better than the "average fan" your inability to see how they have ignored the offense since 2009 clearly indicates your inability to be objective when it comes to Rex Ryan, much like Mark buttfumble.

As for the point differential it is getting worse with each passing year. That is something you should be very concerned with.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2865
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as you claim to be better than the "average fan" your inability to see how they have ignored the offense since 2009 clearly indicates your inability to be objective when it comes to Rex Ryan, much like Mark buttfumble.

As for the point differential it is getting worse with each passing year. That is something you should be very concerned with.
    but the facts say they haven't, just b/c certain guys didn't work out doesn't mean it has been ignored.

it is getting worse b/c the talent went down in 2011, then went down much more in 2012, it came back up a bit in 2013 but we still have very little on O and a rookie QB who wasn't ready to play.

I feel good going forward, we have a dynamic front 7, good OL, good RBs, we need secondary help, we need weapons on O and we have a ton of picks and a ton of cap room. we can fill a bunch of the holes this offseason- not all, that will take more time but this year we were a buttfumble away from being a playoff team. Things change quickly in this league.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2866
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but the facts say they haven't, just b/c certain guys didn't work out doesn't mean it has been ignored.

it is getting worse b/c the talent went down in 2011, then went down much more in 2012, it came back up a bit in 2013 but we still have very little on O and a rookie QB who wasn't ready to play.

I feel good going forward, we have a dynamic front 7, good OL, good RBs, we need secondary help, we need weapons on O and we have a ton of picks and a ton of cap room. we can fill a bunch of the holes this offseason- not all, that will take more time but this year we were a buttfumble away from being a playoff team. Things change quickly in this league.
    Junc, your skill positions are not improved in 2013. How can you think they are? And again the Jets have brought in a total of 6 guys for offensive skill positions in the last 6 years. How can you expect the offense to be anything but bad when they have ignored it like that?

Your DL is exceptional and that carries the front 7. But the great Rex Ryan got burned by a quick passing game and humiliated at home by a team that most have written off as dysfunctional because of this investigation hanging over them.

You're going to need the cap room and will be able to sign some weapons but it's certainly not a guarantee they are going to play well in NY.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2867
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc, your skill positions are not improved in 2013. How can you think they are? And again the Jets have brought in a total of 6 guys for offensive skill positions in the last 6 years. How can you expect the offense to be anything but bad when they have ignored it like that?

Your DL is exceptional and that carries the front 7. But the great Rex Ryan got burned by a quick passing game and humiliated at home by a team that most have written off as dysfunctional because of this investigation hanging over them.

You're going to need the cap room and will be able to sign some weapons but it's certainly not a guarantee they are going to play well in NY.
    we were better coming into this season than we were last season. The O is a work in progress, Idzik(as much as I bash him) was brought here for the long haul not one season. I would expect a heavy run on improving the O this offseason.

2009 and 2010 we made a bunch of trades and FA acquisitions along w/ draft picks to help the O. 2011 we made a choice to let Braylon go and re-sign Holmes, we also let Cotch go as he asked to be released(shouldn't have done that). we drafted Kerley and Hill in '11 and '12 and Kerley has panned out while Hill has not(yet). we should have tried to re-sign Keller this offseason but didn't, we should have taken an O guy instead of Milliner but didn't.

Mistakes have been made and that is why we are where we are but we aren't in an impossible situation. he wanted to clean up the cap which was done and he was setting things up for this offseason. he will have his chance to shine soon enough.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2868
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know you love Rex but, since Rex has been coach 4 of the picks you've picked in the first two rounds have been offensive players. Those were for buttfumble, Vladimir Ducasse, Steven Hill and Geno Smith. It's looking like at least 3 of those 4 were busts.

Anywho...let's see how you draft this offseason.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2869
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    So this might have been posted before, but it's a fun lol @ Jests:

Cromartie, father of like 40 kids, can't read. Yep:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...florida-state/

And yes, I make fun of illiteracy of a grown multimillion dollar man with a college education (yea, FSU I know) who can't read.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2870
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rex Ryan has declared his rookie class grades as an A+. His logic is that 5 are starting as rookies. Apparently Rex doesn't realize that those 5 are starting because they have no talent on the team. Even the most loyal of Jets fans that realize the problems will somehow defend this. Nothing wrong with trying to motivate your people but when you put something like this out there you open yourself to questions of credibility both inside and outside the organization. He'll never learn.

I think you can lock the thread debating who you'd rather have as a coach between Philbin and Ryan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1538001
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 12-05-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Quote