Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 29 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 4993

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

  1. -281
    JETSJETSJETS's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    886
    vCash:
    1175
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I'm not sure how they can adjust. He is a huge loss. You probably feel like I did when Ricky Williams decided to retire right before the season started in 2004.

    On the bright side, you now have an excuse as to why the Jets won't be elite this year. It would have been 3 out of 4 AFCC game losses if Revis had not gotten injured.
    Losing Revis changes the entire defense. Cro (who was covering #2 WR) will now cover the opponents best receiver. Wilson (who was cover the slot and #3 WR) will now have to cover the #2 WR and no name CB will be covering the slot. So its a ripple effect that goes all the way down how the safeties will be used.

    Now if Cromartie got hurt, the effect would not have been as major, since the #1 WR would still have been covered by Revis. Revis was the heart and soul of the D as the entire D was based on blanketing the receivers, forcing the QB to take longer to throw, which would ideally help the LBs and DL to get to the QB with the additional time provided by the secondary. Some teams use their front 7 to get to the QB quicker, helping its weak secondary. I guess now is a test for Rex to prove his worth and show if he's actually a defensive guru or just a product of couple of top 5 talented Ds in pretty much his entire career.

    So if you think we already looking at excuses, I don't think thats true. If Jets had Revis against the Steelers, I think we would have defeated them. Wallace TD would have been an easy pick for Revis. He's shown that he reads the WRs pretty accurately and a lot of the times he turns around to look for the ball even faster than the WRs themselves. Ben had a field day, something Jets secondary rarely gives up.

    ---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Jests were going 4-12 with or without Revis. Maybe 5-11 with him since they stole a win I didnt expect them to get on Sunday.
    Jets already have 2 wins. I guess the remaining two wins will come against Bills and Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -282
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I'm not sure how they can adjust. He is a huge loss. You probably feel like I did when Ricky Williams decided to retire right before the season started in 2004.

    On the bright side, you now have an excuse as to why the Jets won't be elite this year. It would have been 3 out of 4 AFCC game losses if Revis had not gotten injured.
    I think a player quitting a week before camp is a little different. I think we have more talent around our team and obviously better coaching.

    Let's see how this plays out, I don't know we would have made a deep run w/ him. Our chances were much better but we'll see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Jests were going 4-12 with or without Revis. Maybe 5-11 with him since they stole a win I didnt expect them to get on Sunday.
    so we were/are only going to win 2 or 3 more games the rest of the season?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -283
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,758
    vCash:
    64546
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Losing Revis changes the entire defense. Cro (who was covering #2 WR) will now cover the opponents best receiver. Wilson (who was cover the slot and #3 WR) will now have to cover the #2 WR and no name CB will be covering the slot. So its a ripple effect that goes all the way down how the safeties will be used.

    Now if Cromartie got hurt, the effect would not have been as major, since the #1 WR would still have been covered by Revis. Revis was the heart and soul of the D as the entire D was based on blanketing the receivers, forcing the QB to take longer to throw, which would ideally help the LBs and DL to get to the QB with the additional time provided by the secondary. Some teams use their front 7 to get to the QB quicker, helping its weak secondary. I guess now is a test for Rex to prove his worth and show if he's actually a defensive guru or just a product of couple of top 5 talented Ds in pretty much his entire career.

    So if you think we already looking at excuses, I don't think thats true. If Jets had Revis against the Steelers, I think we would have defeated them. Wallace TD would have been an easy pick for Revis. He's shown that he reads the WRs pretty accurately and a lot of the times he turns around to look for the ball even faster than the WRs themselves. Ben had a field day, something Jets secondary rarely gives up.

    I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said I am not sure how they can adjust. I know how the entire defense has to change, I just don't know how it can change in this manner and still be a good D. The D losing Revis is like an O losing Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. You can't adjust for that. As you said, Revis is the heart and soul of the Jets D. He allowed them to take away a teams #1 receiver which enabled the Jets to use the other guys in unique ways. It is not just by allowing the pass rushers more time with good coverage, but the ability to blitz to create a pass rush. All of that changes in a big way. You can still blitz, but you are now more likely to get burned. I'm not saying that the Jets are now going to have the worst D in the league, but just saying that I don't know how you can lose a player like Revis and expect to be a good D with adjustments.


    So you don't think Revis being out for the season will be an excuse if the Jets struggle, but then go on to tell me that the reason the Jets lost to Pitt was becasue Revis didn't play. I was poking fun of Junc since he thinks that the Jets are elite and were going to be elite this year. I did not think the Jets would be one of the top teams this year with Revis, so obviously, I don't think they will be one of the top teams without him. I'm certain that if the Jets struggle, fans will use Revis being out as an excuse. It is not just an excuse though. I believe his loss is a legitimate blow to the amount of games the Jets will win.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think a player quitting a week before camp is a little different. I think we have more talent around our team and obviously better coaching.

    Let's see how this plays out, I don't know we would have made a deep run w/ him. Our chances were much better but we'll see what happens.
    It is different, but the importance of the player to the team is similar. We will see what happens.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -284
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said I am not sure how they can adjust. I know how the entire defense has to change, I just don't know how it can change in this manner and still be a good D. The D losing Revis is like an O losing Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. You can't adjust for that. As you said, Revis is the heart and soul of the Jets D. He allowed them to take away a teams #1 receiver which enabled the Jets to use the other guys in unique ways. It is not just by allowing the pass rushers more time with good coverage, but the ability to blitz to create a pass rush. All of that changes in a big way. You can still blitz, but you are now more likely to get burned. I'm not saying that the Jets are now going to have the worst D in the league, but just saying that I don't know how you can lose a player like Revis and expect to be a good D with adjustments.


    So you don't think Revis being out for the season will be an excuse if the Jets struggle, but then go on to tell me that the reason the Jets lost to Pitt was becasue Revis didn't play. I was poking fun of Junc since he thinks that the Jets are elite and were going to be elite this year. I did not think the Jets would be one of the top teams this year with Revis, so obviously, I don't think they will be one of the top teams without him. I'm certain that if the Jets struggle, fans will use Revis being out as an excuse. It is not just an excuse though. I believe his loss is a legitimate blow to the amount of games the Jets will win.




    It is different, but the importance of the player to the team is similar. We will see what happens.
    I NEVER said the Jets would be elite this year, I said from 2009-2011 under rex they were elite.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -285
    NYCBillsFan's Avatar
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    495
    vCash:
    1197
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I NEVER said the Jets would be elite this year, I said from 2009-2011 under rex they were elite.
    No they weren't. They were above average, fortunate and choked.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

  6. -286
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    No they weren't. They were above average, fortunate and choked.
    tied for NFL lead in playoff wins
    led AFC in playoff wins
    led NFL in conf title game apps

    that's elite
    Quote Quote  

  7. -287
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,758
    vCash:
    64546
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I NEVER said the Jets would be elite this year, I said from 2009-2011 under rex they were elite.
    When asked what to expect from the Jets in 2012:

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

    I expect the 2010 Jets, a solid playoff team w/ a chance to do damage in January.
    You say the 2010 Jets were elite, so if you expected the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, that means you were expecting them to be elite this year.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -288
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    When asked what to expect from the Jets in 2012:



    You say the 2010 Jets were elite, so if you expected the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, that means you were expecting them to be elite this year.
    but I never said we'd be elite, I did expect a playoff team and I still expect at worst a playoff contender but if made it and lost in the WC rd I think that would push us out of elite status under rex b/c then all the #s are in 4 years and not 2 or 3 like the last 2 years.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -289
    FinfanInBuffalo's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    6,176
    vCash:
    34444
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from Flip Tanneflop
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    tied for NFL lead in playoff wins
    led AFC in playoff wins
    led NFL in conf title game apps

    that's elite
    No. That's selective.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -290
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    No. That's selective.
    I'm sure if the roles were reversed you'd be downplaying it.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. Jets Beat Writer guarantees Jets victory over Dolphins in Week 3
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Thanks Pats* for that BEATDOWN! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
    By GreatBJ#Me in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •