Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 30 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -291
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    but I never said we'd be elite, I did expect a playoff team and I still expect at worst a playoff contender but if made it and lost in the WC rd I think that would push us out of elite status under rex b/c then all the #s are in 4 years and not 2 or 3 like the last 2 years.

You said the 2010 Jets were elite, and that you expected the 2012 Jets to be the 2010 Jets. What does that mean if it doesn't mean that you expect them to be elite this year? If you just meant that they would be a playoff team, you could have said that, but you said you expect the 2010 Jets, not the 2006 Jets, you said the 2010 Jets which you have proclaimed to be elite over and over. That is not the only thing you have said about the Jets being elite, or one of the best teams in the AFC this year, but it is one that I remembered the thread in which it was posted.
    Quote Quote  

2. -292
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You said the 2010 Jets were elite, and that you expected the 2012 Jets to be the 2010 Jets. What does that mean if it doesn't mean that you expect them to be elite this year? If you just meant that they would be a playoff team, you could have said that, but you said you expect the 2010 Jets, not the 2006 Jets, you said the 2010 Jets which you have proclaimed to be elite over and over. That is not the only thing you have said about the Jets being elite, or one of the best teams in the AFC this year, but it is one that I remembered the thread in which it was posted.
    I never discussed elite for this season, as gooda s the 2010 Jets were they easily could have lost in the WC rd and then we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think if we make the playoffs and make the div rd we'd be elite overall under Rex.
    Quote Quote  

3. -293
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I never discussed elite for this season, as gooda s the 2010 Jets were they easily could have lost in the WC rd and then we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think if we make the playoffs and make the div rd we'd be elite overall under Rex.
    So when you said you expected the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, you meant that you expected a team that could easily lose in the WC round and not an elite team like you have been saying they were?

There are other post where you thought that the Jets would be among the best teams in the AFC this year (your definition of elite), but you have to many post to go through to find them.
    Quote Quote  

4. -294
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So when you said you expected the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, you meant that you expected a team that could easily lose in the WC round and not an elite team like you have been saying they were?

There are other post where you thought that the Jets would be among the best teams in the AFC this year (your definition of elite), but you have to many post to go through to find them.
    The 2010 Jets easily could have lost in the WC round, they also could have made the SB. I expected something similar to that but I never said they were going to the SB or even that they were going to the div rd. I said they'd have a chance.

Among the best would be final 4 of the conference, I never labeled them as a team that would make the div rd, title game or SB.
    Quote Quote  

5. -295
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The 2010 Jets easily could have lost in the WC round, they also could have made the SB. I expected something similar to that but I never said they were going to the SB or even that they were going to the div rd. I said they'd have a chance.

Among the best would be final 4 of the conference, I never labeled them as a team that would make the div rd, title game or SB.
    So you expected anything from a WC round loss to a chance at a SB app? If you threw in a potential to miss the playoffs, I think you would have everything covered.

You have said many times that the 2010 Jets were elite, so when you say you expect the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, that is saying that you expect them to be elite. If that is not what you meant you should have never brought up the 2010 Jets (who you proclaim elite) You label them elite when you say you expect them to be like the 2010 Jets who you have already labeled elite.
    Quote Quote  

6. -296
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A team can't be elite w/o postseason success and my quote was:

I expect the 2010 Jets, a solid playoff team w/ a chance to do damage in January.
    notice the word "chance"? why are you harping on nonsense?
    Quote Quote  

7. -297
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A team can't be elite w/o postseason success and my quote was:

notice the word "chance"? why are you harping on nonsense?
    Now wait is elite better than great or is it the other way around?
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

8. -298
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you expected anything from a WC round loss to a chance at a SB app? If you threw in a potential to miss the playoffs, I think you would have everything covered.

You have said many times that the 2010 Jets were elite, so when you say you expect the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets, that is saying that you expect them to be elite. If that is not what you meant you should have never brought up the 2010 Jets (who you proclaim elite) You label them elite when you say you expect them to be like the 2010 Jets who you have already labeled elite.
    Don't you get it? He didn't mean what he meant when he said what he said. He meant what he said when he said what he meant. You just need to learn nyjunceese.
    Quote Quote  

9. -299
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tied for NFL lead in playoff wins
    led AFC in playoff wins
    led NFL in conf title game apps

that's elite
    Zero Super Bowl appearances to show for it? That's choking.........

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

10. -300
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but I never said we'd be elite, I did expect a playoff team and I still expect at worst a playoff contender but if made it and lost in the WC rd I think that would push us out of elite status under rex b/c then all the #s are in 4 years and not 2 or 3 like the last 2 years.

i think you make a decent number of good points in these debates you have against the fin fans. calling the jets elite is not one of them however.
    Quote Quote