Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 31 of 309 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -301
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsattack View Post
    i think you make a decent number of good points in these debates you have against the fin fans. calling the jets elite is not one of them however.
    Under Rex. 3 seasons
    Tied for #1 in the NFL in playoff wins
    #1 by themselves in the AFC in playoff wins
    #1 by themselves in the NFL in conf title game apps
    The ONLY team in the league that had a chance to reach 2 SBs

They lost those games but they had chances which no one else had.

That is elite. Over 4-5-6-7 years we aren't elite but 2009-2011 overall we were one of the elite teams.
    Quote Quote  

2. -302
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Under Rex. 3 seasons

That is elite. Over 4-5-6-7 years we aren't elite but 2009-2011 overall we were one of the elite teams.
    i will concede 2010 as almost elite, but not quite there. very very good though.

2009? yeah we ended up in the afc championship but we had a 9-7 record and our last 2 games were against the bengals and the colts backups and we lost the championship to the real colts.

2011? we were 8-8 and looked like crap alot of the time doing it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -303
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Under Rex. 3 seasons

You forgot:

Tied with 25 other teams for Super Bowl appearances in those three seasons (0)

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ buttfumble and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if buttfumble is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

4. -304
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    A team can't be elite w/o postseason success and my quote was:

notice the word "chance"? why are you harping on nonsense?
    I'm just trying to make sense of what you said. You call the 2010 Jets elite. You then said that you expect the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets. If you only meant that you thought they would make the playoffs, then why bring up the 2010 Jets who you call elite? You could have said you expect a playoff team, but instead you specifically brought up the 2010 Jets, who you have claimed to be elite many times. It doesn't make sense.

If you never expected the Jets to be elite this year, then you must not believe that they were truly elite in 2009 and 2010. Non elite years in 2011 and 2012 would just prove that the Jets were never elite in the first place, and I doubt that is what you expected considering how adamant you are about the 2009 / 2010 Jets being elite.
    Quote Quote  

5. -305
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i will concede 2010 as almost elite, but not quite there. very very good though.

2009? yeah we ended up in the afc championship but we had a 9-7 record and our last 2 games were against the bengals and the colts backups and we lost the championship to the real colts.

Thank God, a rationale Jets fan.

9-7 in 2009 with a new coach and a rookie QB (who wasn't ready to start), is actually pretty good. They were lucky to make it in the playoffs but then made a good run once they got there. They had reason to be excited about 2010, but they were not an elite team.

2010 was a very good season that could have resulted in a division championship if they weren't in the same division as the Patriots.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

6. -306
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post

9-7 in 2009 with a new coach and a rookie QB (who wasn't ready to start), is actually pretty good. They were lucky to make it in the playoffs but then made a good run once they got there. They had reason to be excited about 2010, but they were not an elite team.

2010 was a very good season that could have resulted in a division championship if they weren't in the same division as the Patriots.
    oh i never said 2009 wasn't a good season. it was actually pretty fun as a jets fan. yeah the colts made it easy for us, but **** happens. 2010 was a very good season. one of th ebest i've ever seen as a jets fan....which just goes to show the lack of quality jets seasons as i've been watching for 27 years. 2011 was not very good at all. it wasn't terrible but there was nothing to get you excited about the possibilities this year. we'll see what happens but it doesn't look good. our defense didn't look so good even with revis. the offense looked good for one game and the first quarter of the steelers game. since then its been crap.
    Quote Quote  

7. -307
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said I am not sure how they can adjust. I know how the entire defense has to change, I just don't know how it can change in this manner and still be a good D. The D losing Revis is like an O losing Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. You can't adjust for that. As you said, Revis is the heart and soul of the Jets D. He allowed them to take away a teams #1 receiver which enabled the Jets to use the other guys in unique ways. It is not just by allowing the pass rushers more time with good coverage, but the ability to blitz to create a pass rush. All of that changes in a big way. You can still blitz, but you are now more likely to get burned. I'm not saying that the Jets are now going to have the worst D in the league, but just saying that I don't know how you can lose a player like Revis and expect to be a good D with adjustments.
    No I understood your point and pretty much agreed with it. I don't know how Rex would adjust. Probably put Cro on #2 as usual while doubling the #1 WR with Wilson and safety or someone else. That would be Jets best bet IMO. Cro is good enough to handle #2 WRs. Wilson obviously isn't ready to handle #1 WRs, but the safety help can make it work.

So you don't think Revis being out for the season will be an excuse if the Jets struggle, but then go on to tell me that the reason the Jets lost to Pitt was becasue Revis didn't play. I was poking fun of Junc since he thinks that the Jets are elite and were going to be elite this year. I did not think the Jets would be one of the top teams this year with Revis, so obviously, I don't think they will be one of the top teams without him. I'm certain that if the Jets struggle, fans will use Revis being out as an excuse. It is not just an excuse though. I believe his loss is a legitimate blow to the amount of games the Jets will win.
    You answered ur own question. Its not an excuse. It would be reasoning. As season goes along, we'll find out how good the D is without its best player. If the D still plays great (highly unlikely) and Jets still end up winning 7 games, it would be clear that the D wasn't the issue. I still think Jets can win 9 games. I predicted a 10-6 record prior to the start of the season. I predicted wins against Bills and Dolphins while a loss against Steelers. I predicted losses against the 49ers and the Texans in the next two matchups. Wins against Rams, Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Seahawks, Cards, Colts and Jags. Thats 8 more wins I predicted and I think those were rather safe bets with Jets losing maybe one or two of those games now without Revis.
    Quote Quote  

8. -308
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

How is being among the league's final 4 teams playing not elite? they did it 2 of the last 3 years- the only team to do so.

The giants were 9-7 last year, does that take away from their run?

we got breaks against Indy(we were crushing Cincy and beat them up again a week later in the playoffs) w/ a qtr and a half of backups but we took advantage. are you old enough to remember 1993? everything shook right for us in the final week where we needed a win to get into the playoffs facing Houston backups. We lost 24-0, you still have to take care of business and once in the playoffs we nearly made the SB.

2011 we were nowhere near elite BUT through the 3 years overall when yo add everything up we were elite.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I'm just trying to make sense of what you said. You call the 2010 Jets elite. You then said that you expect the 2012 Jets to be like the 2010 Jets. If you only meant that you thought they would make the playoffs, then why bring up the 2010 Jets who you call elite? You could have said you expect a playoff team, but instead you specifically brought up the 2010 Jets, who you have claimed to be elite many times. It doesn't make sense.

If you never expected the Jets to be elite this year, then you must not believe that they were truly elite in 2009 and 2010. Non elite years in 2011 and 2012 would just prove that the Jets were never elite in the first place, and I doubt that is what you expected considering how adamant you are about the 2009 / 2010 Jets being elite.
    You are making too much of the comment, I didn't say our season would end exactly as the '10 season ended, I said we'd have a similar season. Teams are elite based on what they do in jan/Feb.

I didn't say we would or wouldn't be elite this year, that's not really a focus. I just wanted the team to make the playoffs and see what happens which was and still is a very realistic goal.

we are allowed to have different opinions but in 2008 you guys had more breaks than our qtr and a half of Indy backups in a season w/o Tom Brady. In the playoffs at HOME you got humiliated in the WC rd, we made the title game. If you are a final 4 NFL team, final 2 conference team you are elite
    Quote Quote  

9. -309
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you are a final 4 NFL team, final 2 conference team you are elite
    But if you make it to the SB (like the Cardinals in 2008) you're not even a great team (according to you). Do you even attempt to make sense? Your homerism blinds everything you write.

the 9-7 Cards and Giants were great teams? They sure don't make great teams the way they used to.
    The '08-09 Cards won just 1 less regular season game than the '09-10 Jets, were 4-2 in the playoffs (just like the Jets), had 2 division titles (Jets ZERO) , and ACTUALLY MADE IT to the SB.

I'm sure you'll make up excuse after excuse trying to justify your misguided opinion. Don't bother. The Cards weren't elite and neither were the Jets. At least I'm consistent.

Before you go down the word twisting path again here are some synonyms of elite:

exclusive, gilt-edged, greatest, noble, out of sight, out of this world, pick, selected, super, tip-top, top, top drawer, top-notch, topflight, upper-class, world-class
    Quote Quote  

10. -310
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But if you make it to the SB (like the Cardinals in 2008) you're not even a great team (according to you). Do you even attempt to make sense? Your homerism blinds everything you write.

The '08-09 Cards won just 1 less regular season game than the '09-10 Jets, were 4-2 in the playoffs (just like the Jets), had 2 division titles (Jets ZERO) , and ACTUALLY MADE IT to the SB.

I'm sure you'll make up excuse after excuse trying to justify your misguided opinion. Don't bother. The Cards weren't elite and neither were the Jets. At least I'm consistent.
    Great teams win SBs, usually multiple SBs.

I would say Ari was elite in Whisenhunt's first 3 years which included 2 playoff apps, 1 SB app, 1 title game app and 4 playoff wins. they couldn't keep it up b/c Warner retired but w/o a doubt they were an elite team the first 3 years overall of the Whisenhunt era.

in your world what do you have to do to be considered elite? win multiple SBs? to me the elite teams are the best teams in the league, not THE best team. THE best team is the SB champ. being top 2 in your conference 2 of 3 years and top 4 in the league 2 of 3 years is elite.
    Quote Quote