Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 57 of 357 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 3567

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

  1. -561
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=nyjunc;1064536589]Yes I expected you to win 6 games and when you beat us and were 4-3 I expected you to be a legit playoff contender.

    in 2009 we had a rookie QB, rookie HC and we made the AFC Championship Game. Indy has a rookie QB, a rookie INTERIM HC and they are a playoff team, in '08 Bal had a rookie QB and rookie HC and they made the title game. That's no excuse.





    Back on this old chestnut I see, Iím actually starting to feel bad for you. Do you understand how pathetic you sound trying to make failures sound like something to be proud of, or some big accomplishment? I mean my Patriots actually won two AFC Championship games recently including last years and you donít see any Pats fans running around pounding their chests do you? And you know why? Because we lost the friggin Super Bowl, so who gives a crap about wining the AFC Championship game much less getting to them. Then again what am I saying, Iím talking to a person so delusional that they think that losing two AFC Championship game makes their team ďELITE!!!Ē Iím still waiting for the books and movies about the elite 09-10 Jets. No??? Not even one of those five minute shorts on the NFL channel to fill time between programs?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -562
    EvilDylan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    2,963
    vCash:
    6737
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post


    we've played NE twice, you haven't.
    Your point being? My analogy still stands. You're thumping your chest over things that haven't happened yet.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -563
    cbreeden's Avatar
    Pimpin' ain't easy

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2007
    Posts:
    714
    vCash:
    2206
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yes I expected you to win 6 games and when you beat us and were 4-3 I expected you to be a legit playoff contender.

    in 2009 we had a rookie QB, rookie HC and we made the AFC Championship Game. Indy has a rookie QB, a rookie INTERIM HC and they are a playoff team, in '08 Bal had a rookie QB and rookie HC and they made the title game. That's no excuse.
    Your rookie QB and HC rode the coattails of great D; Indy's rookie QB is PHENOMINAL and Baltimore made because of a stellar D. Your points are moot at best. Try again.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -564
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,964
    vCash:
    9520
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    You're thumping your chest over things that haven't happened yet.
    Yeap. Prancing around here like some giant ape flinging his poo all over the board.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -565
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,416
    vCash:
    31749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those two AFC Championship games Sanchez played in are a great thing for Dolphins fans, since anything that helps keep Mark Sanchez on the field with the Jets is a great thing for us. It sucks the Jets as a whole are too terrible to carry him there anymore since I could definitely use another three or four years of excuse making on his behalf as he goes out there week after week and ****s in his hand and eats it.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -566
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    13,226
    vCash:
    1493
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yes I expected you to win 6 games and when you beat us and were 4-3 I expected you to be a legit playoff contender.

    in 2009 we had a rookie QB, rookie HC and we made the AFC Championship Game. Indy has a rookie QB, a rookie INTERIM HC and they are a playoff team, in '08 Bal had a rookie QB and rookie HC and they made the title game. That's no excuse.



    we've played NE twice, you haven't.



    How original and unfunny.



    The jets were down 5 w/ plenty of time left, they never even kicked on OS kick and if that play is ruled an incomplete pass(which it easily could have been) that takes away 7 from Pitt and we lost by 5. Nice try.



    again, you played NE ONCE, we played them TWICE.





    all that and you are behind us in the standings

    never really in that NE game, kicked a FG w/ 36 secs left to pull w/in 7.

    Carpenter missed near 50 yd FGs in the rain and the game was only in OT b/c awful calls got you there

    but don't let that stop you from making excuses.


    How ironic.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  7. -567
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,332
    vCash:
    16303
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Bullseye

    Excuses? Rationalizations? This coming from the guy who maintained in '11 that if, in the first half, Cruz hadn't broken that 90+ yd pass play against the jest, the game would have turned around (despite the Giants putting up almost twice the score), the Giants wouldn't have made the postseason but the Jest would have. LMAO!!!!

    What does being the most delusional homer left on the most homeristic of all jets forums all you need to know about someone's objectivity?



    Quote Quote  

  8. -568
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,104
    vCash:
    28062
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clinging to this notion that your team is better then ours because of a division record is both pathetic and childish. This is nothing more then attempt to rile some of you guys up. That's Junc's M.O. He is struggling with the fact that his team is beyond an embarrassment to the NFL right now. Ignore it.

    Miami has more arrests......blah, blah, blah.......2 AFCCG........blah, blah, blah.......sorry if the truth hurts..........blah, blah, blah. Did I forget anything?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -569
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,873
    vCash:
    43874
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

    The jets were down 5 w/ plenty of time left, they never even kicked on OS kick and if that play is ruled an incomplete pass(which it easily could have been) that takes away 7 from Pitt and we lost by 5. Nice try.
    Everything you said about the Jets win that you describe as a "Whooping" applies to the Jets loss to Pitt, and then some. You said:

    The Jets whooped the Pats in the '10 div rd, a game they controlled from the 2nd qtr on, a game where NE never had the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead in the 2nd half. Don't let final scores fool you, we had q 2 TD lead when NE scored a garbage time TD
    The Jets never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead from the 2nd quarter on. They only cut it to a 1 score game in the last 3:00 minutes and never saw the ball again. They didn't kick an onside kick because they thought that they could stop Pitt. The point is still the same. They never had a chance to tie or take the lead, which is your definition of a "Whooping" (I think you mean whipping)

    Both teams had a chance at the end. NE had a chance if they could recover the onside kick, but they couldn't do it. The Jets had a chance if they could stop Pitt, but they couldn't do it. Neither team's loss was a whipping, but if you want to say the Jets whipped NE, then you must also say that the Jets got whipped by Pitt.

    The Jets lost by 5 but Pitt drove down the field and ended the game in victory formation when they were in FG range. They were on the Jets 26 yard line when they kneeled to end the game. If the officials incorrectly ruled the Sanchez play an incomplete pass, the score would have been 19-17 Jets. (if everything played out the same) Pitt could have kicked an easy FG for the win. (20 to 19) Nice try.

    You can argue that things don't play out the same if Pitt is only up 17-3 instead of 24-3, but there is still no good reason to think that the Jets win that game. The Jets shutout Pitt in the second half, so it would be impossible for Pitt to score less under different circumstances. Do you think the Pitt D would have allowed more points in the second half if it was a 2 score game instead of a 3 score game? Most D's relax when they have a bigger lead, so that argument wouldn't make sense either. Do you think the Jets D would have played better on the final drive when Pitt ran out the clock in FG range? The Jets knew that if they didn't stop Pitt, the game was over, so I see no difference there either.

    There are a lot of reasons that point to Pitt still winning that game, even without the 7 points they got from the Sanchez fumble. I can't think of 1 good reason why the Jets would have won it. The difference between the Giants winning the Super Bowl and the Jets losing the AFCC game was not 1 play. I wouldn't even argue that it was because of 1 player. It was because the Giants were a better team in the playoffs.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 12-20-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -570
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,943
    vCash:
    24487
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    again, you played NE ONCE, we played them TWICE.
    No ****ing **** so why bring up you're in 2nd place when the season hasn't been played out yet?



    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. Jets Beat Writer guarantees Jets victory over Dolphins in Week 3
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Thanks Pats* for that BEATDOWN! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
    By GreatBJ#Me in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •