Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 75 of 356 FirstFirst ... 7071727374757677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -741
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    In the law world others would have knowledge unlike hereb where folks like you know nothing.
    "Society became divided into camps in which no man trusted his fellow. To put an end to this, there was neither promise to be depended upon, nor oath that could command respect; but all parties dwelling rather in their calculation upon the hopelessness of a permanent state of things, were more intent upon self-defence than capable of confidence." - Thucydides, probably predicting the rise of internet message boards
    Quote Quote  

2. -742
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    My error in not expressing this clearly:

For all the bluster we hear, the fact remains that over the last 5 seasons, The jest ended up higher than us in the standings in 09-11 (although an argument can be made that the 09 team which couldnt beat winning teams, choked at home against Atlanta, wouldn't have finished any better than our 7-9 if not facing 2 teams that could care less about winning and pulled their starters). The Fins finished higher in the standings in '08, when unlike the jest, they actually won the division (when 3 teams went over .500), and this season. So the net result: over the last 5 years, the Jets were better than us a sum total of 1 season (and because of the travesty of '09 I'd even argue that result)

Over the last 5 seasons:
    Jets: 3 better seasons than us
    Fins: 2 better seasons than the Jest

Eh the Jets still finished better than the Dolphins in 3 of the 5 years and have playoff wins to show for it. I've never cared that the Jets got lucky with the Colts resting their starters b/c they took advantage and got further than I've ever seen the Dolphins go. The Jets have been more accomplished in the last 5 years b/c of that.

That being said the Jets were not elite b/c of those 2 AFC Title games. They may have been one of the better teams those two years b/c of that but they weren't and have never been elite. Would an elite team go 8-8 and 6-10 the years after? No chance. And yes Junc, you'll claim I don't know or follow my own definition for what an elite team is. Let's just get that out of the way now.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

In the law world others would have knowledge unlike hereb where folks like you know nothing.
    If you honestly believe this you look very foolish for sticking around trying to maintain conversation with supposed idiots

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    he would be an awful lawyer. The only person he convinces is himself
    With the ****ed up legal system we have in society I think he'd be pretty successful. That or the President of the Underwear Snatcher Club.

Quote Quote  

3. -743
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the Jets absolutely could have extended him this past season. The Jets are not in cap hell, they will be able to make moves. They are going to be releasing guys that maybe they should have released a year ago but they will be undre the cap.

how many playoff wins does each team have?

It's funny how you can pump up beating dead teams and no Brady in '08 then getting humiliated at home int he WC rd but you can bash the Jets for a qtr and a half of backups and winning 2 playoff games.
    We beat an 11 team win; Brady the next year could only manage 10. We actually carried our division. The Jest depended on the largesse of Bill Polian to sneak in the service entrance to the playoffs. As the next matchup demonstrated where the Colts starter actually stayed in and played, scoring 24 unanswered blow out points in the last 31 minutes, the jets did not deserve to make the playoffs in 09, regardless of how dead Cincinatti was the last 7 games of that season or what a choke Kaedig was while Sanchez crapped the bed with his 60QBR, sub 500 completion record, Interception and 101 yards. Bragging about those "wins" is like Rosie Ruiz running part of the Boston Marathon before taking a metro to the finish line. Not legitimate, doesn't count. Please come back when you've actually won a division, let alone snuck in the backdoor.

Oh, I see in TGG you're back to arguing that Sanchez was a top 10 QB his first two years and that anyone who disagrees are either using fantasy numbers or doesn't know football. Whether defending Woody for stonewalling the ref agreement along with Richardson, Rex for consistently being over his head, The Bean Counter for mortgaging the present into cap hell, even Sparano for not having the tools to work with that your boy the BeanCounter left him, has there ever been anyone associated with the jest that you don't go full-tilt homer on?

Quote Quote  

4. -744
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We beat an 11 team win; Brady the next year could only manage 10. We actually carried our division. The Jest depended on the largesse of Bill Polian to sneak in the service entrance to the playoffs. As the next matchup demonstrated where the Colts starter actually stayed in and played, scoring 24 unanswered blow out points in the last 31 minutes, the jets did not deserve to make the playoffs in 09, regardless of how dead Cincinatti was the last 7 games of that season or what a choke Kaedig was while Sanchez crapped the bed with his 60QBR, sub 500 completion record, Interception and 101 yards. Bragging about those "wins" is like Rosie Ruiz running part of the Boston Marathon before taking a metro to the finish line. Not legitimate, doesn't count. Please come back when you've actually won a division, let alone snuck in the backdoor.

Oh, I see in TGG you're back to arguing that Sanchez was a top 10 QB his first two years and that anyone who disagrees are either using fantasy numbers or doesn't know football. Whether defending Woody for stonewalling the ref agreement along with Richardson, Rex for consistently being over his head, The Bean Counter for mortgaging the present into cap hell, even Sparano for not having the tools to work with that your boy the BeanCounter left him, has there ever been anyone associated with the jest that you don't go full-tilt homer on?

an 11 win team w/ a creampuff sched then you humiliated the division by getting blown out at home in the WC rd.

stop posting those excuses, you show how little you know about this game when you do that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -745
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Injunction = A court order that either compels or restrains an act by an individual, organization, or government official. In the world of sports talk, injunctions have been used to prevent posters from espousing utter nonsense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -746
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    lol....i laughed out loud too
    Quote Quote  

7. -747
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    From one spin master to another...

I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

8. -748
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    an 11 win team w/ a creampuff sched then you humiliated the division by getting blown out at home in the WC rd.

stop posting those excuses, you show how little you know about this game when you do that.
    Says the guy who has made excuses for The Buttfumbler for 4 years running. Too ****ing funny.

yeah, that's right, no one knows about the game if they disagree with you.. here or on TGG. And only the stats you pull out of your ass selectively are relevant, otherwise they're "fantasy numbers." How does it feel to be the frontrunner for the Ray Charles Blind Homer Award on both board? Really, I hope you're trolling cause the alternative is that if you're actually serious about half of the **** you shovel, you're absolutely and homeristically delusional.

Quote Quote  

9. -749
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Says the guy who has made excuses for The Buttfumbler for 4 years running. Too ****ing funny.

yeah, that's right, no one knows about the game if they disagree with you.. here or on TGG. And only the stats you pull out of your ass selectively are relevant, otherwise they're "fantasy numbers." How does it feel to be the frontrunner for the Ray Charles Blind Homer Award on both board? Really, I hope you're trolling cause the alternative is that if you're actually serious about half of the **** you shovel, you're absolutely and homeristically delusional.

I stated facts, you are the excuse maker. the biggest homer on the planet is calling another person a homer, you can't make this stuff up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -750
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: LOL @ The Jets

I stated facts, you are the excuse maker. the biggest homer on the planet is calling another person a homer, you can't make this stuff up.
    Wait. When did you call Varrk a homer? Did I miss that somewhere?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote