Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 81 of 448 FirstFirst ... 7677787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -801
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post

How do you explain an elite team (Jets) missing the playoffs the last 2 years then? Injuries I know but elite is elite. Elite teams overcome injuries.
    where did I say the Jets are still elite? 2 of 3 years being a final 4 team is elite, 2 of 4 years is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Eli Manning had a tremendous playoff run last year, throwing for 9 TDs and 1 INT in the postseason. He threw for 1.219 yards which no QB has done in the last 10 years. While you could say that is because the elite QBs did have a bye week in the playoffs and therefore one less game than Eli Manning, that's a valid point. However, it does not diminish what Eli Manning did in last year's postseason. He carried his team to a SuperBowl win and now has one more than his brother. So, yes, I think we can consider Eli Manning an elite QB.
    he carried his team? his D pitched a shutout against Atl, they shut down the high flying packers, shut down SF and STs set Eli up for the only pts he would lead them to in the 2nd half/OT then the D shut down the high flying Pats. Eli had an excellent postseason but they won primarily with defense.

Elite QBs don't do it every once in a while, they do it all the time. Their teams are competing for championships(not always winning but competing meaning they are in postseason) nearly every year. Every team has a down year here and there but only 2 seasons in a career w/ playoff wins? missing 3 of the last 4 postseasons in a mediocre division? w/ the team he has around him? obviously not elite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -802
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would never expect you to get it since you just started watching football but people that understand the game don't judge players based solely on rankings. It's hard for a bandwagober like yourself who has had Brady but there are very few Bradys in the history of this league.
    Quote Quote  

3. -803
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

THANKS

junc why you such a hater?

Eli Manning has carried his team through the playoffs and won two superbowls because he is a top quarterback. Your like an obsessed ex girlfriend. Just accept it and move on.
    Quote Quote  

4. -804
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    junc why you such a hater?

Eli Manning has carried his team through the playoffs and won two superbowls because he is a top quarterback. Your like an obsessed ex girlfriend. Just accept it and move on.
    you convinced me, he obviously carried the giants to 2 SBs. He had no talent around him, his D's sucked. It was all Eli. My favorite part is how Eli shut down the Pats offenses, what an amazing job in both SBs of holding down the best scoring offense in the league. Eli is truly elite!
    Quote Quote  

5. -805
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you convinced, he obviously carried the giants to 2 SBs. He had no talent around him, his D's sucked. It was all Eli. My favorite part is how Eli shut down the Pats offenses, what an amazing job in both SBs of holding down the best scoring offense in the league. Eli is truly elite!
    How could Eli have shut down the Pats offense when he doesn't play on defense?

No, what Eli did was outscore the Pats high powered offense. Twice.
    Quote Quote  

6. -806
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    How could Eli have shut down the Pats offense when he doesn't play on defense?

No, what Eli did was outscore the Pats high powered offense. Twice.
    the Pats scored 14 and 17 pts, Eli led his O to 17 and 19 pts. Not exactly a shootout. I give Eli credit, he played well but w/o the D shutting down the Pats they don't have a prayer.

2007 NE averaged 37 PPG, NYG D held them to 14
    2011 NE averaged 32 PPG, NYG D held them 17 AND scored 2 pts

Eli had 2 good postseasons, that doesn't make a QB elite. elite postseason player? I can buy that, elite overall? not even in the discussion.
    Quote Quote  

7. -807
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you convinced, he obviously carried the giants to 2 SBs. He had no talent around him, his D's sucked. It was all Eli. My favorite part is how Eli shut down the Pats offenses, what an amazing job in both SBs of holding down the best scoring offense in the league. Eli is truly elite!
    So Sanchez deserves credit for the Jets making it to the AFC Championship Game twice but Eli doesn't deserve credit for the Giants' two Superbowl wins. Makes sense.

Also, you never answered my question of whether you prefer assfumble or buttfumble.
    Quote Quote  

8. -808
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    So Sanchez deserves credit for the Jets making it to the AFC Championship Game twice but Eli doesn't deserve credit for the Giants' two Superbowl wins. Makes sense.

Also, you never answered my question of whether you prefer assfumble or buttfumble.
    who said Eli doesn't deserve any credit? I love when you guys read my posts and make up your stuff.

I guess the buttfumble.
    Quote Quote  

9. -809
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

Don't you get it. Sanchez led the jets to two afccgs while the giants were led by their defense. You see Sanchez was vital in the jets making it while the giants defense were the most vital part.

its like when he kept going on and on about how Sanchez handed the jets the lead late in the first pats game this past season. It's amazing what extreme bias and obvious agendas can delude yourself into thinking
    Quote Quote  

10. -810
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Don't you get it. Sanchez led the jets to two afccgs while the giants were led by their defense. You see Sanchez was vital in the jets making it while the giants defense were the most vital part.

its like when he kept going on and on about how Sanchez handed the jets the lead late in the first pats game this past season. It's amazing what extreme bias and obvious agendas can delude yourself into thinking
    as usual you don't read and only deflect.
    Quote Quote