Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 83 of 334 FirstFirst ... 7879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ The Jets

1. -821
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many elite QBs miss 3 of 4 postseasons in a mediocre division? how many SB winners won 9 & 10 games? I'm sorry he's not elite.
    too bad the God of Egregious Scheduling didn't schedule the Giants in any of those seasons against playoff bound teams who considered games with them meaningless. By the same token, how many SB contenders - at least legitimate ones won 7 games in a season when their opponents were actually trying to beat them? Eli is certainly more "elite" than any self-serving definition that includes a weak 7-7 team that would have never sniffed the playoffs finishing at best 8-8!

Quote Quote  

2. -822
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    So once you are elite you are elite forever? stop being silly.
    What's this forever ****? You only refer to stuff since 2009. You said they were elite through 2011. Why not remain elite in 2012? Injuries? Green Bay had injuries and remained elite. Why not the almighty Jets?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The biggest difference btw the '11 Giants and '10 Jets was in the '10 title game an increidbly close play that could ahve gone either way was called a fumble for a TD, in the '11 title game an obvious fumble late in the game was called dead. Those plays change the Jets and Niners make the SB in '10 & '11. Eli was so great he led his team to 2 scores int he 2nd half and ot- BOTH coming after muffed/fumbled punts put them deep in SF territory.
    This is the biggest and only difference:

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

The biggest difference btw the '11 Giants and '10 Jets was in the '10 title game an increidbly close play that could ahve gone either way was called a fumble for a TD, in the '11 title game an obvious fumble late in the game was called dead. Those plays change the Jets and Niners make the SB in '10 & '11. Eli was so great he led his team to 2 scores int he 2nd half and ot- BOTH coming after muffed/fumbled punts put them deep in SF territory.
    Brady is so great he led the Pats to 14 and 17 pts in both Super Bowls vs. the Giants

Quote Quote  

3. -823
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What's this forever ****? You only refer to stuff since 2009. You said they were elite through 2011. Why not remain elite in 2012? Injuries? Green Bay had injuries and remained elite. Why not the almighty Jets?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

This is the biggest and only difference:

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Brady is so great he led the Pats to 14 and 17 pts in both Super Bowls vs. the Giants
    things change, we were elite in '09 and '10 individually, from '09-'11 overall we ramined elite as the ONLY team in the league to reach 2 title games and leading the NFL in playoff wins. A 2nd season missing the playoffs removes us from the '09-'12 elite category. This isn't really that diffiuclt to comprehend, is it?

Brady struggled against a great defense but left the field w/ leads and his D blew both. His D blew leads in the first 2 SBs too but he had enough time to overcome and lead the Pats to victory.
    Quote Quote  

4. -824
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

LOL @ The Jets

His defense blew both? Or Eli led two massive drives for Super Bowl winning touchdowns?

It's not an insult, you're either trolling or you are functionally retarded. There is no way you believe the stuff you post. There just is no way. Sorry if this insults you, but do you think it's very mature to call people stupid because no they don't buy your silly arguments? Your comeback to everything is that we are just average fans and you operate on a different plane...

Again, who is a better qb tony romo or mark Sanchez? Who wold you choose to lead your team into the 2013 season if you could pick one or the other?

Can you answer this question?
    Quote Quote  

5. -825
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

LOL @ The Jets

Sorry you already did...

Mark Sanchez, without question, is a better qb then tony romo according to you? That is simply amazing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -826
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will never understand how a team can fire a gm, and not the coach. So Rex will have input in who the next gm is? How does that work? I'm guessing it will be a yes man, and Rex continues to make the personnel choices? Rex can't evaluate talent. I truly believed after those first two Rex years that franchise was for the first time in my lifetime would be taken seriously. That's gone out the window thankfully after these last two years.

It's no secret that he's a very good DC. The Jets just handed the keys to Rex for most likely another 3 years, and i think it gets worse than better at this point. Welcome back Jets!
    Quote Quote  

7. -827
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can you explain to us how it is that you evaluate players that gives you this insight that us average fans, professional analysts, sports writers and coaches don't see?

What is it in Mark Sanchez that makes you think he's better than Romo? His completion % is not nearly close, Romo throws for more yards (while having a significantly higher completion %), more TDs etc

So what are these secret metrics that allow you to decipher that a butt fumbling disaster of a QB who is acknowledged at being a total bum by every Jets fan but yourself, is better then a 3x pro-bowler (and in your words the competition isnt even close)...

If I was you, i'd start a scouting company seeing as you have this incredible insight that no one else has. Think you're sitting on a gold mine..

So here goes, what makes Sanchez better then Romo? Give me three metrics where he is a superior QB.
    Quote Quote  

8. -828
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    things change, we were elite in '09 and '10 individually, from '09-'11 overall we ramined elite as the ONLY team in the league to reach 2 title games and leading the NFL in playoff wins. A 2nd season missing the playoffs removes us from the '09-'12 elite category. This isn't really that diffiuclt to comprehend, is it?

Brady struggled against a great defense but left the field w/ leads and his D blew both. His D blew leads in the first 2 SBs too but he had enough time to overcome and lead the Pats to victory.
    I'd love to talk about this again. The Jets were never elite. Not winning the AFC Title Game doesn't make you elite. Elite teams win. They WIN. SUPER BOWL WINS.
    Quote Quote  

9. -829
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teemu7 View Post
    Can you explain to us how it is that you evaluate players that gives you this insight that us average fans, professional analysts, sports writers and coaches don't see?

What is it in Mark Sanchez that makes you think he's better than Romo? His completion % is not nearly close, Romo throws for more yards (while having a significantly higher completion %), more TDs etc

So what are these secret metrics that allow you to decipher that a butt fumbling disaster of a QB who is acknowledged at being a total bum by every Jets fan but yourself, is better then a 3x pro-bowler (and in your words the competition isnt even close)...

If I was you, i'd start a scouting company seeing as you have this incredible insight that no one else has. Think you're sitting on a gold mine..

So here goes, what makes Sanchez better then Romo? Give me three metrics where he is a superior QB.
    Believe me most coaches think more like me than the average fan. I don't simply look at #s, I try to see how they accumulated those #s.

Romo is the better #s guy but melts in big games and big spots. Sanchez's #s have stunk the last year and 3 games so I am throwing that period of time out. In that time frame Romo and just about every QB has been better than Mark but mark at his best was better than Romo and most of the QBs in the league.

let's look at Romo in postseason:

2006: 21-20 loss at Seattle, not only did he blow the game by botching a FG snap to win it he only led his O to 13 points against a D that allowed 19 per game in the reg season and against a team that Rex Grossman would lead his O the following week to 27 points.

2007: single handedly lost the div rd game against the Giants. Had a million opportunities including almost 2 mins from midfield w/ a chance to win it and he failed.

2009: finally won a playoff game at home in the WC rd, yeah! now Dallas was again considered a favorite and many people expected them to beat Minny and make a SB run like they had been expected to in '07 and '08. leads O to 3 pts in crushing loss at Minny.

In 4 playoff games, led O to:

13(Sea D allowed 21 PPG in reg season. -8)
    17(NYG D allowed 22 PPG in reg season. -5)
    34(Phil allowed 21 PPG. +13
    3(Min allowed 20 PPG. -17)
    -17 overall

Sanchez in 6 playoff games:
    24(Cin allowed 18 PPG. + 6)
    17(SD allowed 20 PPG, -3)
    17(Ind allowed 19 PPG. -2)
    17(Ind allowed 24 PPG, -7)
    28(NE allowed 20 PPG. +8)
    17(Pitt allowed 15 PPG. +2)
    +4

Last 2 years for Romo, win and in games he was horrible in helping Dallas miss the playoffs.

Tony Romo has all the physical toosl, he doesn't have the mental game to be as good as his #s suggest. He's brought his team back many times but in big games he never shows up. Sanchez has been horrible the last year + but he's shown can can play and thrive in big games in January. That's not something all QBs can do and clearly Tony Romo cannot.

Tony Romo has had elite talent around him his entrie career, did he ever have to throw to kerley, Schilens, Gates, Cumberland, Reuland?

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I'd love to talk about this again. The Jets were never elite. Not winning the AFC Title Game doesn't make you elite. Elite teams win. They WIN. SUPER BOWL WINS.

There isn't just 1 elite team per year, there is 1 SB champ per year. The elite teams are the best in the league and being a final 4 team made the Jets one of the best teams in each of those seasons.
    Quote Quote  

10. -830
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

LOL @ The Jets

So you have nothing there to evaluate anything. Sweet.

What do you think coaches use to evaluate their qbs? Better yet what did Rex see that made him bench Sanchez that you didn't?
    Quote Quote