Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL

1. -11
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    The wildcat was a fad back then and will fizzle out once teams figure out all Tebow can do in it

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I disagree, I think every move they made this offseason inclduing Tebow was made w/ helping Sanchez bounce back from his mediocre 2011 season.
    Wanna buy a bridge over Chautauqua Lake ... cheap?

Dude, you are delusional.

First off, Sanchez was never good enough to "bounce back" from any "mediocre" season. At best, he's been "mediocre" his entire pro career.

Second, if trading for the worse passer in the league, signing a never-was WR, and drafting a WR out of a triple-option offense constitues "helping" a QB do better, I'd like to see what "sabotaging" him looks like ... Oh, wait! I do know what that looks like ... it's leaving Wayne Hunter as his starting RT!
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Wanna buy a bridge over Chautauqua Lake ... cheap?

Dude, you are delusional.

First off, Sanchez was never good enough to "bounce back" from any "mediocre" season. At best, he's been "mediocre" his entire pro career.

Second, if trading for the worse passer in the league, signing a never-was WR, and drafting a WR out of a triple-option offense constitues "helping" a QB do better, I'd like to see what "sabotaging" him looks like ... Oh, wait! I do know what that looks like ... it's leaving Wayne Hunter as his starting RT!
    mark was a top 10 type QB 2 years ago, I know you'll throw fantasy stats out at me but he cut down on TOs and desptie an up and down run game and D he led the team to 4-5 late game comeback wins helping us get to 11 wins.

-Hiring Tony Sparano who will emphasize run game
    -bringing in tebow- Brad Smith was a great help to the O and Tebow is better than Brad
    -drafting a WR high
    -not bringing back Plax

Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.
    Have the Jets ever done any wrong in your eyes?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Have the Jets ever done any wrong in your eyes?
    who said that? b/c I don't see 5 wins that means they haven't done anything wrong? The question is have they ever done anything right to you guys b/c despite the success you still treat them as if they are the Bills or dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I had never seen that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who said that? b/c I don't see 5 wins that means they haven't done anything wrong? The question is have they ever done anything right to you guys b/c despite the success you still treat them as if they are the Bills or dolphins.
    You've talked so glowingly about what the Jets have done the last few years it's hard for me to remember you ever criticizing any move they've ever made.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You've talked so glowingly about what the Jets have done the last few years it's hard for me to remember you ever criticizing any move they've ever made.
    I criticize when they deserve it, I criticized them a lot last year, the 2 years before that there wasn't too much to criticize.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mark was a top 10 type QB 2 years ago, I know you'll throw fantasy stats out at me but he cut down on TOs and desptie an up and down run game and D he led the team to 4-5 late game comeback wins helping us get to 11 wins.

-Hiring Tony Sparano who will emphasize run game
    -bringing in tebow- Brad Smith was a great help to the O and Tebow is better than Brad
    -drafting a WR high
    -not bringing back Plax

A "top ten type QB"? Really? Nobody except Jests homers have ever thought Sanchez was a "top ten" QB. Ever.

Since the Jets had very limited success with the running game last season, it doesn't seem likely that will change under Sparano. He's underwhelming at best.
    Tebow cannot run or pass as well as Smith. He can probably throw the ball further however, although the chances of it coming close to his WR are 50-50 at best.
    Hill played in a triple option offense where passing was an afterthought. He's going to disappoint this season as he transitions -- if he can transition.
    Burress was the reason that Sanchez threw as many TDs as he did. Who on the current Jets roster replaces his red zone production?

Good organizations don't overpay for mediocre WR with diva personalities, and three weeks into TC is a bit late to be "working on" finding an upgrade at starting RT.
    Quote Quote