Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency

This offseason Jeff Ireland decided to take a low-key approach to free agency, offering 1-year contracts to season vets in a way to make them earn a spot on the roster & to have them serve as stop-gaps on a roster with way too many holes. The decision has proven to be a horrible idea as most of the vets are being lost to injury or failing to impress. Ireland signed QB David Garrard, WR Chad Johnson, WR Legedu Naanee, G/T Artis Hicks, G Eric Steinbach, CB Rishard Marshall, LB Gary Guyton, DE/Olb Jamaal Westerman & FB Ryan Mahaffey. Garrard who had injury concerns due to a back injury last year was lost to a knee injury after having a strong camp. Artis Hicks & Eric Steinbach have not been able to practice much the last two weeks, both have missed significant time with undisclosed injuries & neither has been able to show much at the guard position. Johnson & Mahaffey have lost their jobs in a large part for failing to impress the coaching staff & in Johnson's case off the field issues. Jamaal Westerman & Gary Guyton have also failed to impress.

The lone two standout have been CB Richard Marshall & WR Legedu Naanee. Both have had very solid camps, but Naanee (a camp standout) has failed to impress during live action. Ireland missed opportunities to sign Eric Winston & Braylon Edwards both who have impressed with their new teams & now will have to revert to adding acorns as he calls him once teams make final cuts, because his free agents have yet to prove a thing. The season has yet to begin and already Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland is looking like a big loser in Free Agency.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    GOD... ANOTHER Ireland sucks thread.

I bet you sit there listening to the Big O, and just repeat the crap he says all day.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have u seen the cap situation? No way we could afford Winston or Edwards .. Best to find acorns now and bolster the roster for when we are relevant again, which is hopefully in 2 years.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    okay, so the ONE guy who got more than a 1 year deal actually looks good. We are complaining about guys who at best were stop gaps and at worst camp bodies not standing out now? I mean, if Ireland had signed Westerman to a 4 year $24 Million contract I'd be angry he's not showing up. But he didn't so I'm not.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Out of curiosity, who was the short bus rider who originally wrote that?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish there was a single thread for the major topics of discussion
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    GOD... ANOTHER Ireland sucks thread.

I bet you sit there listening to the Big O, and just repeat the crap he says all day.
    Listen I've been a huge Ireland supporter in the past, but this year the guy has done a horrible job in free agency.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marshall was a good signing. Jury's out on Naanee but I'm not expecting much.

I really expected more from Guyton. Just goes to show, Belichick is always smarter than you. If he let the player go, then you're better off leaving him be.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Man, this is gonna be a loooooooong 3 days.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinAtic8480 View Post
    Listen I've been a huge Ireland supporter in the past, but this year the guy has done a horrible job in free agency.
    who was signed to make a big splash from FA?garrard? He might have (wv one second please... lol) but he didn't. he was as stopgap and a cheap one. 85? low risk high reward one year deal. so he didn't pan out so what? who did we sign that was expected to be an anchor that hasn't panned out? who? Nobody thats who.

How many free agents has green bay signed in the last five years? You want to get an idea of what we're doing you gotta look north.

Quote Quote