Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rate Your Fantasy Team 2012

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nitteo View Post
    Check out mine: $150 buyin.

Auction 14 teams, cap 100:

START
    20 qb cam newton car
    35 rb arian foster hou
    4 rb isaac redman pit
    10 wr steve johnson buf
    8 wr percy harvin min
    4 te jared cook ten
    1 k alex henery phi
    2 de dallas
    BENCH
    8 wr vincent jackson tb
    2 rb donald brown ind
    3 qb ryan fitzpatrick qb
    3 rb micheal bush chi

my team rocks
    14 teamers, have to love them as they force you to find the sleepers. I've done baseball auctions but never a football one but I'll take a crack at breaking this down using some average values I found.

QB - A- I'm not as high on Cam as some are and it appears you may have over payed a little but that said I think Fitzpatrick is a very underrated backup especially in a 14 team league he could be a borderline starter.

RB - A Foster is a stud, no question about that and you got him a couple dollars under market value, Redman will have a chance the first part of the year and if Mendenhall is slow to come back could have a pretty decent year. Brown is the man that gets you the A grade for your RB's, he will likely end up your RB2 and you stole him at $2, his average value is $7 in drafts. Bush is decent depth in a 14 team league as he is one of the better back up RB's in the league and will see some carries.

WR - B You get the B based on the fact that you paid pretty much market price, personally I'm not a big fan of any of the guys you got but you also didn't do anything stupid. You drafted guys at close to value and we all rate how we think they will perform differently. The nice part is you have 3 true #1 wideouts on there teams.

TE - C+ I like Cook, I even have him in a longtime for fun 14 teamer I am in as well as my starter. That said I was disappointed I wasn't able to get a top TE in that league. Cook has upside and we'll both bank on that and that locker will use him as a safety blanket but in this day and age you need a TE that can put numbers week in and week out and we don't know yet if Cook can do that.

K and D - Both fine.

Overall - B+ It's a good solid team, Newton will have some huge games and Foster is a beast, you will be competitive without a doubt. What will determine how far you go is what you get from your RB2 and if the WR's perform at the level most have them ranked at.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anyone wants to take a crack at my teams and hammer away on them feel free.

Main League, $100 entry 12 team league, fairly standard scoring, start 3 WR's. Starters in bold. Picked from the three spot in a 3rd round reversal draft.

QB - Jay Cutler, Andrew Luck
    RB - Ray Rice, Doug Martin, Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, Evan Royster, Shane Vereen, Ronnie Brown, Mike Tolbert
    WR - Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Denarious Moore, Doug Baldwin
    TE - Jermichael Finley, Kyle Rudolph
    K - Garrett Hartley
    D/ST - Patriots

Draft for my other money league is Monday night, will be keeping Jimmy Graham as my one keeper at a 6th round pick cost which in a PPR league is a total steal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    12 Team league.. PPR league.
    I had number one overall pick

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Ben Raplisburger
    Rb- Demarco Murry, Trent Richardson, Willis Mcgahee, Ben Tate
    Wr- Greg Jennings, Tory Smith, Devone Bess, Denaurius Moore
    Te- Martellus Bennet, Coby Fleener
    D- 49ers, NYJ
    Last edited by Tunaphish429; 08-31-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    10 team league - same as tyler and phinsphan11

QB - Eli Manning
    RB - Darren Sproles
    RB/WR - Ahmad Bradshaw
    WR - Victor Cruz
    WR/TE - Miles Austin
    TE - Rob Gronkowski
    FLEX - Coby Fleener
    DT - Ndamukong Suh
    DE - Jared Allen
    LB - Clay Matthews
    LB DeMarcus Ware
    DL - Haloti Ngata
    CB - Darelle Revis
    S - Ed Reed
    DB - Troy Palumalu
    DP - Earl Thomas
    K - Dan Carpenter

Bench - Ran Tannehill, Charles Johnson, Michael Floyd, Tramon Williams, JJ Watt, Felix Jones, Tamba Hali, Vontae David, Shane Vereen, Davone Bess
    QB - B- Eli is 6 to 10 guy with top 5 potential, so a solid starter. Tannehill ? Really ? Take off the homer glasses dude, even if he has what football will consider a good year for Miami he won't be rosterable in a 10 team league. If Manning would miss any time you are sunk.

RB - C You got two solid RB2's, if it was PPR Sproles would move up to a low end RB1 but not in standard scoring. Bradshaw is a solid 2nd RB but not a standout. Felix Jones as your only back up in a 10 team league ? Wow.

WR - B- Cruz and Austin have potential to both be WR1's so that is pretty solid, the issue is that Austin is already having hammy problems and you backups are a slot guy in Bess and a rookie in Floyd. If either starter misses any time you are in trouble.

TE - A Gronk is a beast, I like Graham a little better and Hernandez is better value where you can get him but I can't argue with him. I'd be ok with Fleener on a flyer as a backup but the idea you plan to start him as your flex is not good.

K - I don't usually rate the kickers but again in a 10 team league no way Carpenter is a top 10 kicker fantasy wise...talent wise likely but the opportunities aren't going to be there.

There are so many defensive scoring schemes I have no way to comment on those picks, you have a star studded group for sure but my finds has been that defensive guys score a lot closer together and gems are easier to find off the wire so what you pay in depth or talent on offense to draft the top guys isn't worth it.

Overall - C and if you have any injuries drop that to a C- or D+, can't see anyway you finish ahead of the other two that have posted here and you will struggle to make the playoffs. I'd want much more depth in a 10 team league.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish Pirate View Post
    QB - B- Eli is 6 to 10 guy with top 5 potential, so a solid starter. Tannehill ? Really ? Take off the homer glasses dude, even if he has what football will consider a good year for Miami he won't be rosterable in a 10 team league. If Manning would miss any time you are sunk.

RB - C You got two solid RB2's, if it was PPR Sproles would move up to a low end RB1 but not in standard scoring. Bradshaw is a solid 2nd RB but not a standout. Felix Jones as your only back up in a 10 team league ? Wow.

WR - B- Cruz and Austin have potential to both be WR1's so that is pretty solid, the issue is that Austin is already having hammy problems and you backups are a slot guy in Bess and a rookie in Floyd. If either starter misses any time you are in trouble.

TE - A Gronk is a beast, I like Graham a little better and Hernandez is better value where you can get him but I can't argue with him. I'd be ok with Fleener on a flyer as a backup but the idea you plan to start him as your flex is not good.

K - I don't usually rate the kickers but again in a 10 team league no way Carpenter is a top 10 kicker fantasy wise...talent wise likely but the opportunities aren't going to be there.

There are so many defensive scoring schemes I have no way to comment on those picks, you have a star studded group for sure but my finds has been that defensive guys score a lot closer together and gems are easier to find off the wire so what you pay in depth or talent on offense to draft the top guys isn't worth it.

Overall - C and if you have any injuries drop that to a C- or D+, can't see anyway you finish ahead of the other two that have posted here and you will struggle to make the playoffs. I'd want much more depth in a 10 team league.
    Meh, Tannehill had nothing to do with being a homer. There was not much left, so I rolled the dice, much like I did with Fleener...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    14 team league, pretty standard scoring with a few changes here and there. This league has a DP, P, and a HC, but I'll list the main skill positions.

QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer

RB: Jamaal Charles, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Donald Brown, Leon Washington

WR: Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Nate Washington, Brandon LaFell, Austin Collie

TE: Jermichael Finley, Ed Dickson

D/ST: Eagles

K: David Akers

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Here's my team, had the 2nd pick in a snaking draft. It's a 12 team PPR league that starts 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 team defense, 6 bench players

draft position - player

1.02 - Ray Rice
    2.11 - Julio Jones
    3.02 - DeMarco Murray
    4.11 - Marques Colston
    5.02 - john beck
    6.11 - Kevin Smith
    7.02 - Aaron Hernandez
    8.11 - Titus Young
    9.02 - David Wilson
    10.11 - Danny Amendola
    11.02 - Houston DEF
    12.11 - Sam Bradford
    13.02 - Kendall Wright
    14.11 - Alshon Jeffery
    15.02 - Jason Hanson
    QB - A- Ryan has been the hot target this year, love that you got him in the 5th as that is below his ADP, if you had gottena more solid backup you would get an A to A+

RB - A- Rice is a Stud and Murray has a ton of upside, again depth is your issue, Smith if he stays healthy will be a solid RB3 bye week guy. I like Wilson long term but not sure of his value this year.

WR - B Julio is a stud in the making, and the Ryan to Jones combo might win you a few games on it's own. Colston is a good solid WR2. Not loving your WR3 options, Young has upside in that offense but is far from a sure thing, Amendola is what he is and the others are flyers on young guys.

TE - A+ I love Hernandez this year, I think he has a Graham/Gronk type year from last year, great value in the 7th.

Overall - A- would love to go A or A+ but your lack of a solid WR3 in a start 3 WR league has me worried, yet alone a bye week guy. Your starters will make you a force, you need to stay healthy and have someone step up with a decent WR3 performance and you could be a beast.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 team league
    Starters in ( )
    Bold is keepers from last year

Qb(1) - Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler
    Rb(2) - Jamaal Charles, Fred Jackson, Willis McGahee, Mikel Leshoure
    Wr(3) - A.J Green, Desean Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Torrey Smith, Kendall Wright, Davone Bess
    Te(1) - Vernon Davis, Coby Fleener
    K(1) - Shane Graham
    DST(1) - Ravens
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Drafted early and have already made 3 trades so heres my team now:

12 teams, ppr, and return yards counted. Also 6 points per passing td

Qb: john beck
    WR: Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, Antonio Brown
    RB: Ray Rice, Peyton Hillis
    tE: Brandon Pettigrew
    WR/RB: Deangelo Williams
    WR/ Te: Greg Olsen
    D: Seattle
    K: ShayneGraham

bemch:
    Denarious Moore
    Jacquizz Rodgers
    ed Dickson
    russel wilson
    Evan Royster
    Doug baldwin
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My keeper team is:
    QB - Russell Wilson
    RB - Willis McGahee
    RB - Fred Jackson
    WR - Victor Cruz
    WR - Vincent Jackson
    TE - Antonio Gates
    W/R - DeAngelo Williams
    K - Stephen Gostkowski
    DEF - Buffalo Bills

Bench: QB - Fitzpatrick, RB - Mike Tolbert, WR - Danny Amendola, WR - Davonne Bess, TE - Ed Dickson, and K - Josh Scobee.

My main team is:
    QB - Cam Newton
    RB - DeAngelo Williams
    RB - Shonn Greene
    WR - Steve Johnson
    WR - Malcolm Floyd
    WR - Justin Blackmon
    TE - Dustin Keller
    K - Stephen Gostkowski
    DEF - 49ers

Bench: QB - Andy Dalton, RB - Maurice Jones-Drew, WR - Michael Crabtree, WR - David Nelson, TE - Jason Witten, and K - Matt Bryant.

Overall I'm quite happy with the keeper team, though my main team I am not convinced on my running game having enough depth at receiver.
    ​ Thoughts?
    Quote Quote