Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Rate Your Fantasy Team 2012

  1. -1
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1009
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Fantasyland Rate Your Fantasy Team 2012

    I've done this the last few years here at FH and it's kind of fun. Why no super expert I've been playing Fantasy Football in multiple money leagues for over 15 years and have my share of championships and in the money finishes so I am pretty well schooled.

    So post your team, number of teams in the league, number of starters required at each position, any scoring nuences (such as PPR), what spot you drafted in, and anything else you think is relevent and I will break your team down and grade it out.

    Busy with a few projects at work so try and limit it to no more then a couple of your teams if you play in a multitude of leagues and give me a day or two but I'll try and respond to them all.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    10 team league and this has some defensive players, but I'll just list the offensive ones.

    QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan
    RB: Matt Forte, Jamal Charles, David Wilson, Mike Goodson
    WR: Hakeem Nicks, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Pierre Garcon, Nate Washington
    TE: Antonio Gates, Jermaine Gresham
    K: Sebastian Janikowski

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1009
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    10 team league and this has some defensive players, but I'll just list the offensive ones.

    QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan
    RB: Matt Forte, Jamal Charles, David Wilson, Mike Goodson
    WR: Hakeem Nicks, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Pierre Garcon, Nate Washington
    TE: Antonio Gates, Jermaine Gresham
    K: Sebastian Janikowski
    QB - A+ Love this combo, I'm a big proponent of getting the 5 through 10 rated QB's and you not only got 1, you got 2. Things seem to be setting up for Matty Ice to have a real breakout season and if Cam performs at 85% (sophmore slump) of what he did last year he is going to be a great options some weeks. Good chance one of the two ends up a top 5 QB by season end and if both are producing you've got some nice midseason trade bait.

    RB - B+ This might very well end up an A rating once I see a little more of Charles in action this week and see that he is indeed 100% back and if you had more depth. Forte and Charles a re a dynamic dou with big game potential that you likely got late in the first and early in the 2nd rounds. Wilson is a very interesting guy with some serious upside I believe. Goodson I'm not sure is worth a roster spot in a 10 team league at this point after he fumbled away 2 balls last week and looked out of sorts. I'd see what else is out there, with 10 teams and smaller rosters you might add some better depth.

    WR - B- You have talent but concerns as well, Nicks coming off injury is reported to be ready to go but hasn't taken a hit yet and how much does Cruz with experience eat into his looks ? Bowe isn't happy with his contract situation, reporting late and has a questionable QB situation, not things that make me feel warm and fuzzy that if the Chiefs are out of it come week 10 he might not start shutting it down. Maclin should be solid but again we have a QB question, that being how many games does Vick miss. Garcon looks good with RG III early but it will be up and down with the rookie QB. Washington I like late in the draft as a solid bye week guy. Overall this could be a boom or bust group depending on how things shake out. I can't hate on it, just that it has some questions.

    TE - A Gates seems back to himself which will make Rivers happy and with losing VJax and now Brown (to injury) expect them to lean on him in the passing game. Greshem is a solid backup TE.


    K - Well kickers are kickers especially in a 10 team league, Seabass is solid over the years and has a sure hold on the job.


    Overall B+ (borderline A) The lack of depth at RB with Charles coming off an injury and the boom or bust at WR pulls down the rating a bit. If the RB's stay healthy and the WR's live up to potential you have a playoff team that should challenge for a title. In a 10 team league I would have liked a little more depth at RB but you are a contender.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish Pirate View Post
    QB - A+ Love this combo, I'm a big proponent of getting the 5 through 10 rated QB's and you not only got 1, you got 2. Things seem to be setting up for Matty Ice to have a real breakout season and if Cam performs at 85% (sophmore slump) of what he did last year he is going to be a great options some weeks. Good chance one of the two ends up a top 5 QB by season end and if both are producing you've got some nice midseason trade bait.

    RB - B+ This might very well end up an A rating once I see a little more of Charles in action this week and see that he is indeed 100% back and if you had more depth. Forte and Charles a re a dynamic dou with big game potential that you likely got late in the first and early in the 2nd rounds. Wilson is a very interesting guy with some serious upside I believe. Goodson I'm not sure is worth a roster spot in a 10 team league at this point after he fumbled away 2 balls last week and looked out of sorts. I'd see what else is out there, with 10 teams and smaller rosters you might add some better depth.

    WR - B- You have talent but concerns as well, Nicks coming off injury is reported to be ready to go but hasn't taken a hit yet and how much does Cruz with experience eat into his looks ? Bowe isn't happy with his contract situation, reporting late and has a questionable QB situation, not things that make me feel warm and fuzzy that if the Chiefs are out of it come week 10 he might not start shutting it down. Maclin should be solid but again we have a QB question, that being how many games does Vick miss. Garcon looks good with RG III early but it will be up and down with the rookie QB. Washington I like late in the draft as a solid bye week guy. Overall this could be a boom or bust group depending on how things shake out. I can't hate on it, just that it has some questions.

    TE - A Gates seems back to himself which will make Rivers happy and with losing VJax and now Brown (to injury) expect them to lean on him in the passing game. Greshem is a solid backup TE.


    K - Well kickers are kickers especially in a 10 team league, Seabass is solid over the years and has a sure hold on the job.


    Overall B+ (borderline A) The lack of depth at RB with Charles coming off an injury and the boom or bust at WR pulls down the rating a bit. If the RB's stay healthy and the WR's live up to potential you have a playoff team that should challenge for a title. In a 10 team league I would have liked a little more depth at RB but you are a contender.
    I'll look to see what other RB are out there, he was one of my last two picks I think. I think Wilson can be a decent backup behind Bradshaw, but I'll look at other options for Goodson.

    I'm pretty sure Bowe signed his one year tender, so he should play well. I just have to rest my hopes that Matt Cassel will stay healthy because he helps Bowe tremendously. From all the reports I've read, Nicks seems to be fully healthy going into the season. I think he will see a fair share of balls because defenses will pay more attention to Cruz after what happened last season. Even during the draft, I knew that this WR group was very boom or bust.

    I finished 2nd in this same league last year, so this year I want to win it.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    PhinSoldia's Avatar
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    3256
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think i did alright but i made a major mistake in the first round

    QB-Matt Schaub Ryan Tannehill
    RB-Maurice Jones Drew, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, CJ Spiller
    WR-Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin, Robert Meachem, Laurent Robinson, Nate Washington
    TE-Rob Gronkowski, Coby Fleener
    K- Sabastian Janikoski
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

    For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1009
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    i think i did alright but i made a major mistake in the first round

    QB-Matt Schaub Ryan Tannehill
    RB-Maurice Jones Drew, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, CJ Spiller
    WR-Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin, Robert Meachem, Laurent Robinson, Nate Washington
    TE-Rob Gronkowski, Coby Fleener
    K- Sabastian Janikoski
    Number of teams in the league please, makes a big difference. I'll assume pretty standard scoring.

    Guessing MJD was your first rounder, what pick did you have and how long ago was your draft ? 3 or 4 weeks ago most expected him in camp at some point, if it was last night then it was a major FUBAR
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    dolfan3431's Avatar
    Wanna hit?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    318
    vCash:
    1275
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 team league Qb: P Manning, Romo Rb: Rice, Charles, Wells, D. Williams Wr: Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, Miles Austin, Kenny Britt, Denarius Moore Te: Finley, Gonzalez
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    PhinSoldia's Avatar
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    3256
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    actually it was a couple of days ago....i fully expeted him in camp and its 10 teams and my pick was 5th
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    soldier1385's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    176
    vCash:
    511
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    QB-Newton
    RB-S.Jackson,M.Forte
    WR-Fitzgerald,Green,S.Johnson
    TE-Keller
    K-Mare
    D-GB

    Bench- Tate(RB),S.Rice(WR),Winslow(TE),Mendenhall(RB),Heyword-Bey(WR), ATL(DEF)

    I know I do not have a backup QB via poor drafting in first few rounds forgetting to look at BYE week but I plan on dropping one of the RB or WR and pick up a lackey QB for my BYE week w/ Newton
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    nitteo's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    16
    vCash:
    1145
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check out mine: $150 buyin.

    Auction 14 teams, cap 100:

    START
    20 qb cam newton car
    35 rb arian foster hou
    4 rb isaac redman pit
    10 wr steve johnson buf
    8 wr percy harvin min
    4 te jared cook ten
    1 k alex henery phi
    2 de dallas
    BENCH
    8 wr vincent jackson tb
    2 rb donald brown ind
    3 qb ryan fitzpatrick qb
    3 rb micheal bush chi

    my team rocks
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. I'll rate your fantasy team here:
    By Amish Pirate in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
  2. Need A Fantasy Team Rate!
    By BDC87 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
  3. Another fantasy team rate.(I think my best one yet)
    By Majpain in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
  4. Rate My Fantasy Team
    By minor101 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 04:44 PM
  5. Fantasy team RATE it
    By izan in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •