Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Shooting at Family Research Center in D.C.

1. -1
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Shooting at Family Research Center in D.C.

A security guard at the Family Research Council was shot and wounded Wednesday morning after a scuffle with a man who expressed disagreement with the groupís conservative views in the lobby of the groupís headquarters in downtown Washington, authorities said.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said the shooter walked into the lobby of the building at about 10:45 and was confronted by the security guard as if the guard were asking him where he was going.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...40a0_blog.html

I was patiently waiting for someone to post this topic. I'm surprised no one did, considering the intended target was an Anti-gay lobbying group.

GLAAD and other LBGT support groups immediately condemned the shooter and his actions. However, the shooting is being used as a rallying cry for a lot of more aggressive anti-gay groups. It's being used to fund raise and garner support for their cause.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/herndo...b_1824664.html

Personally, I find it disgusting that these groups are using this as a catalyst to attempt to suppress gays even more. But this is exactly why groups like GLAAD don't do anything more than peaceful demonstrations; they know if they provide the spark, people like Westboro will turn the topic into a wildfire.

What are your thoughts on this? Also, KTOWN, we know you think gays are the reason Troy fell and the Persian empire was taken over by Alexander the Great, so you can save your energy...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ridiculous. Everybody knows that Achilles was doing Patroclos and Alexander was doing Hephaestion.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Caught part of this when i went out of town last week then forgot about it when i returned. My guess as to why people havent brought it up to much is because there was no casualties. A security guard was wounded then he and his partners jumped the lunatic.

I dont see this as to different then how anti-gun groups spoke about gun legislation after the Aurora shooting. The only difference is the gun legislation faltered because of how popular guns are while anything even brushing up against religious persecution turns rational people into zealots. It sucks that when someone commits crimes in the name of their religion is brushed off and denied, but when something happens with the other side fanaticism takes hold and it turns into a rallying cry. Its unfortunate but its hardly surprising.

Sickening as it is, people will always be ready to turn a tragedy into personal gain. I hope the groups trying to turn this event into some martyrdom fail and rational heads prevail(goes for the anti-gun/Aurora situation to). As for the event itself: props to the security guards that caught the bastard. They did their jobs exactly right and probably saved alot of people. Lock this guy up forever. I hope the guard that was injured recovers quickly.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote