Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 214

Thread: Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children

  1. -181
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    With all due respect your reasoning above is total nonsense. You believing God doesnít exist in no way means that He magically no longer exists and you magically no longer belong to Him. Youíre like the child who pretends his Father doesnít exist in order to avoid a spanking.



    I am confident in my position, not arrogant. If God didnít exist though why would someone being arrogant be a bad thing? You atheists love to borrow your morality from us Christians, the only problem is that the very God you claim doesnít exist must exist in order for you to make any sense of the morality you borrowed from us.



    Itís not up to you, itís up to Him and He says we have all broken His laws. The creatures do not make up the rules, I am sorry.
    No, your god is a figment of your imagination, nothing more, nothing less,
    Quote Quote  

  2. -182
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Itís not up to you, itís up to Him and He says we have all broken His laws. The creatures do not make up the rules, I am sorry.
    Yes, it is up to me. He only exists in the minds of the those who are incompetent to make their own decisions and lack responsibility for their actions in life. He is only your sugar daddy (without the sugar) not mine. He is an excuse for your failures.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

  3. -183
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    No, your god is a figment of your imagination, nothing more, nothing less,


    No, your naturalism is a figment of your imagination, nothing more, nothing less.

    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Yes, it is up to me. He only exists in the minds of the those who are incompetent to make their own decisions and lack responsibility for their actions in life. He is only your sugar daddy (without the sugar) not mine. He is an excuse for your failures.


    You just refuted your own position, again. If naturalism were true, as you espouse it is, a person would not have the ability to make any decisions because the mental process would be determined by the chemical processes in the brain which follow natural law. So by appealing to a personís ability to make their own choices you are again borrowing from Christians. In order to argue against the Christian Godís existence you must presuppose that the Christian God exists, you lost the debate before it ever began.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  4. -184
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    In order to argue against the Christian Godís existence you must presuppose that the Christian God exists, you lost the debate before it ever began.
    You are way out there. Far out. So I argue against the existence but have to believe first that he/she/it exists? Your mind is so clouded I feel very sorry for you.

    Let me summarize this: you and I sit at dinner and you ask me how I like my fish. I tell you that I am eating steak. You are telling me "no you are eating a fish". So to debate with you that I am really eating a steak I first have acknowledge that my steak is indeed a fish in order to argue that I am eating steak and not fish?
    This is so screwed up. I honestly have never heard that crap before. Go smoke a joint. You need it.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -185
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    You are way out there. Far out. So I argue against the existence but have to believe first that he/she/it exists? Your mind is so clouded I feel very sorry for you.


    No, youíre not following what I am saying at all. You personally do not have to believe in the Christian God in order to argue against His existence, but in order to argue against Him you must presuppose truths that could only be possibly true IF the Christian God exists. Itís like someone arguing against logic, that person doesnít have to believe in logic to argue against it, but they have to use arguments that presuppose the existence of logic in order to argue against it. So by being an anti-Christian, you are holding to a self-refuting position.

    Let me summarize this: you and I sit at dinner and you ask me how I like my fish. I tell you that I am eating steak. You are telling me "no you are eating a fish". So to debate with you that I am really eating a steak I first have acknowledge that my steak is indeed a fish in order to argue that I am eating steak and not fish?


    Nope, a better analogy would be, if we were having dinner and I asked you, ďHow is your brain?Ē And you responded, ďMy brain? My brain doesnít exist.Ē And I responded, ďNo, your brain does exist because if you didnít have a brain you wouldnít even be able to argue that you didnít have a brain because the act of arguing requires a person to have a brain in order to formulate ideas and arguments.Ē Make more sense?

    This is so screwed up. I honestly have never heard that crap before. Go smoke a joint. You need it.

    Itís unfortunate that this is the first time you have been exposed to the more sophisticated and eloquent side of Christian apologetics.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -186
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    No, youíre not following what I am saying at all. You personally do not have to believe in the Christian God in order to argue against His existence, but in order to argue against Him you must presuppose truths that could only be possibly true IF the Christian God exists. Itís like someone arguing against logic, that person doesnít have to believe in logic to argue against it, but they have to use arguments that presuppose the existence of logic in order to argue against it. So by being an anti-Christian, you are holding to a self-refuting position.



    Nope, a better analogy would be, if we were having dinner and I asked you, ďHow is your brain?Ē And you responded, ďMy brain? My brain doesnít exist.Ē And I responded, ďNo, your brain does exist because if you didnít have a brain you wouldnít even be able to argue that you didnít have a brain because the act of arguing requires a person to have a brain in order to formulate ideas and arguments.Ē Make more sense?


    Itís unfortunate that this is the first time you have been exposed to the more sophisticated and eloquent side of Christian apologetics.

    There is nothing sophisticated or eloquent about you nor your argumentation. You just have a twisted mind.
    As a matter of fact you are an embarrassment to the Christian community.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -187
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    There is nothing sophisticated or eloquent about you nor your argumentation. You just have a twisted mind.
    As a matter of fact you are an embarrassment to the Christian community.


    So rather than trying to refute the argument you resort to personally attacking me? Figures. Until you can postulate a manner in which you can account for the preconditions of argumentation consistently with your atheism youíll always be holding to a self-refuting position. The God of Scripture lives, youíre hopeless irrationality is proof of that.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -188
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    So rather than trying to refute the argument you resort to personally attacking me? Figures. Until you can postulate a manner in which you can account for the preconditions of argumentation consistently with your atheism youíll always be holding to a self-refuting position. The God of Scripture lives, youíre hopeless irrationality is proof of that.
    What is there to refute? There is no way a sane person can refute or debate with insane people. Just your statement that in order to deny god's existence I have to first presuppose his existence is not an argument for sane people. Why argue a point if I have to presuppose the opposite.

    You are presenting trap arguments or you are trying to turn debates into traps. Your requirement to presuppose the existence of god before I can argue that he does not exist is a completely wrong use of a presupposition.

    Let's make it easier for the insane. My opinion is that God does not exist, nor has he ever existed, nor will he ever exist. Now you can plaster your version of 'presuppose' where the sun does not shine (presupposition: The sun shines).
    Quote Quote  

  9. -189
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    So rather than trying to refute the argument you resort to personally attacking me? Figures. Until you can postulate a manner in which you can account for the preconditions of argumentation consistently with your atheism youíll always be holding to a self-refuting position. The God of Scripture lives, youíre hopeless irrationality is proof of that.
    All your so called logic is based, in your mind, that a god exists. Sorry, the universe exists and it exists without a God. Sorry to burst your bubble. But you keep making up whatever bull**** logic to keep your fantasy's moving along.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -190
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    All your so called logic is based, in your mind, that a god exists. Sorry, the universe exists and it exists without a God. Sorry to burst your bubble. But you keep making up whatever bull**** logic to keep your fantasy's moving along.
    Hey now.
    First you have to presuppose that the Universe exist with a God or because of a God before you make the argument that the Universe exists without a God.
    Basically refute your own position before you are trying to prove your position.

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bill to allow women use of deadly force to save unborn children
    By PhinPhan1227 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 11:54 PM
  2. Calif Bill Would Ban Spanking Young Children
    By Celtkin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:15 AM
  3. Creationism (sorry)
    By ABrownLamp in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
  4. creationism in our schools
    By Alien in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 07:27 PM
  5. Victory for Creationism
    By Wildbill3 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •