Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children

1. -11
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Please elaborate Statler.
    Yes, please do...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because Nye cant know anything unless there is a God because a God is required to know anything and this is indisputable because Statler says so.

Am I doing it right?

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Because Nye cant know anything unless there is a God because a God is required to know anything and this is indisputable because Statler says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post

Am I doing it right?

Well you were close, although roughly stated up until the part where you stated it was just because I say so. As I have pointed out numerous times, it has nothing to do with what I say, it has everything to do with the syllogism I provided. Atheism undermines knowledge because logic proves it does, not because I say so.

If what Bill Nye asserts is true about the universe and the earth then we have no basis for logic, science, and morality. Teaching kids a worldview that renders these things impossible is what I believe is truly dangerous and abusive to children. I want our kids to be able to do science and to learn through experience and logical argumentation; I want them to have a view of reality that is completely consistent and stands up to its own weight. Just as importantly I want our kids to be able to know right from wrong. Therefore I completely object to everything Mr. Nye stands for.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

Well you were close, although roughly stated up until the part where you stated it was just because I say so. As I have pointed out numerous times, it has nothing to do with what I say, it has everything to do with the syllogism I provided. Atheism undermines knowledge because logic proves it does, not because I say so.

If what Bill Nye asserts is true about the universe and the earth then we have no basis for logic, science, and morality. Teaching kids a worldview that renders these things impossible is what I believe is truly dangerous and abusive to children. I want our kids to be able to do science and to learn through experience and logical argumentation; I want them to have a view of reality that is completely consistent and stands up to its own weight. Just as importantly I want our kids to be able to know right from wrong. Therefore I completely object to everything Mr. Nye stands for.
    WTF are you rambling about?

Do you actually believe in what you write?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    WTF are you rambling about?

Do you actually believe in what you write?
    Yes, I believe it because it's logically demonstrable to be true, do you disbelieve it despite the fact it's logically provable? If so, then of the two of us I am certainly not the one behaving irrationally.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Key words.

And Nye didnt mention Atheism once.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Key words.

You don’t also want those things for children? That’s odd. Well then maybe atheism is a good choice for you because it certainly makes those things impossible.
    And Nye didnt mention Atheism once.

He didn’t need to; he affirmed the central beliefs of naturalism which is the most popular form of atheism.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Yes, I believe it because it's logically demonstrable to be true, do you disbelieve it despite the fact it's logically provable?
    Demonstrate it then
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Demonstrate it then

Already did, see the syllogism that still stands un-refuted in the Dawkins thread. Did you radio-metrically date any rocks of known age yet? :- ) I am anxiously awaiting the results of that test.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don’t also want those things for children? That’s odd. Well then maybe atheism is a good choice for you because it certainly makes those things impossible.

He didn’t need to; he affirmed the central beliefs of naturalism which is the most popular form of atheism.
    Scientific discover and what you personally want are two very different things. One is based on evidence the other is based on whim, or i suppose in this case indoctrinated decree.

And he asked for children to receive an education, hilariously that makes him an atheist.
    Quote Quote