Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 171819202122

Thread: Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children

1. -211
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I insulted you I apologize, I think you may be confusing me with another poster though. I'll attack your arguments aggressively if need be but don't wish to insult you personally. I don't know you beyond this message board and do not know whatever life journey has led you to hold these beliefs. Furthermore, I respect anyone of faith who will debate... That is truly a great minority.

Back to it...

By evidence I mean anything that would hold up in a laboratory or a courtroom. Anything that someone who wasn't indoctrinated from birth would be able to believe rationally.

I will now address your question. If God didn't exist would we be able to know anything at all?

My answer is yes, without doubt. God doesn't exist and yet the human brain still works. The human brain functions through a complex series of electrical impulses, neurotransmitters, etc. You can quite easily trace the evolution of the human brain all the way back to fish and it lines up beautifully.

Upon answering your question and clarifying my own, I still want to know if you think there is any more evidence for the existence of your god vs. Krishna, Allah, Santa Claus, etc.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

2. -212
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am heading out for the day and I am taking some time off for the holiday and visiting family, so I wonít be back until Thursday. Have a great New Yearís fellas!
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

3. -213
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    If I insulted you I apologize, I think you may be confusing me with another poster though. I'll attack your arguments aggressively if need be but don't wish to insult you personally. I don't know you beyond this message board and do not know whatever life journey has led you to hold these beliefs. Furthermore, I respect anyone of faith who will debate... That is truly a great minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post

Back to it...

By evidence I mean anything that would hold up in a laboratory or a courtroom. Anything that someone who wasn't indoctrinated from birth would be able to believe rationally.

I will now address your question. If God didn't exist would we be able to know anything at all?

My answer is yes, without doubt. God doesn't exist and yet the human brain still works. The human brain functions through a complex series of electrical impulses, neurotransmitters, etc. You can quite easily trace the evolution of the human brain all the way back to fish and it lines up beautifully.

Upon answering your question and clarifying my own, I still want to know if you think there is any more evidence for the existence of your god vs. Krishna, Allah, Santa Claus, etc.
    Hey Spyder,

No you didnít do anything to offend me, that was just a general request I tagged onto the end of my response that was not directed towards you. I am pretty thick skinned but was just hoping everyone could move on past the calling me crazy, delusional, or whatever it is this week because it doesnít really get us anywhere.
    Unfortunately, I need to head out the door here and wonít have time to do your post the response it deserves, but I am looking forward to have a good discussion with you and I will type a response next Thursday! After all, I admire a man who picks his name after one of the first paintball markers I ever owned :-)
    Quote Quote  

4. -214
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That sounds good, we can start a separate thread.

This is my only time off all year long... Back to working 70 hours/week after New Years. That's why I've been active lately. I should be ale to respond to a post within 24 hours though.
    Quote Quote