Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-men: Days of Future Past

1. -1
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Movie X-men: Days of Future Past

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...of-future-past

Bryan Singer has confirmed that X-Men: First Class 2 will revolve around the Days of Future Past comic run.

Singer exclusively told IGN that the script is being written now, adding ďItís going to be very ambitious. Itís called Days of Future Past and it deals with aspects of that comic but also some very new things but I donít want to give any of it away. Matthew Vaughan will be directing and Iím totally excited about it.Ē
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I'm worried. I think they will try to cram too much information into the movie and it will suffer because of it. Or they will change too much.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    That's a very ambitious story to bring to the big screen. I would be shocked if it was one movie. I don't see how that would be possible without serious cuts.

Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, after my nerdgasm finally subsided, I started to think about all the ways it could get screwed up. Not having sentinels, choosing weaker team members, changing the story too much, etc. But really, after the brutal rape of the Dark Phoenix saga (aka X3) I think I can handle anything. I'm not saying I'll automatically like it, but it can't be as soul crushing as X3 was.

That said, I'm still far more excited than cynical. We've had five X-men movies now and none of them have been great in my opinion. So I'm glad they are taking a risk with a major story line.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Yeah, after my nerdgasm finally subsided, I started to think about all the ways it could get screwed up. Not having sentinels, choosing weaker team members, changing the story too much, etc. But really, after the brutal rape of the Dark Phoenix saga (aka X3) I think I can handle anything. I'm not saying I'll automatically like it, but it can't be as soul crushing as X3 was.

That said, I'm still far more excited than cynical. We've had five X-men movies now and none of them have been great in my opinion. So I'm glad they are taking a risk with a major story line.
    Suprisingly, I liked First Class probably the best. I didn't think I would. So, I'm interested in seeing what he can do with this storyline.

And if there's no Sentinels, there's no point.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Suprisingly, I liked First Class probably the best. I didn't think I would. So, I'm interested in seeing what he can do with this storyline.

And if there's no Sentinels, there's no point.
    Absolutely. At the very least there needs to be sentinels in the future, hopefully with some great action scenes. Maybe even showing them kill many of the X-men.

I would love it if they went further and established the sentinels in the present too so that, either the end of the movie or the next movie it could be similar to the "Final Decision" episode from the animated series with an epic battle against the sentinels. Unfortunately, I don't think they would go that route, but I think there are a lot of ways you can tell this story and it can still be good.

I just really hope they use the right characters and give them the scenes they deserve.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    The X-Men movie series needs to be rebooted period. Especially since The Avengers have shown they are willing to go with absolute fantasy (deep space threats, "Gods") and not try and fit them into the real world.

If you reboot the X-Men it needs to be the original five members. Use that cast to fight Magneto and have their battle bring mutant existence to the public eye.

Then in the next movie have it set so many years later with Senator Kelly pushing the Sentinel project as a response to the "mutant" threat. And then you can bring in more characters with the sequel, like Wolverine. And meanwhile there is some mysterious figure pulling all the strings that will lead up to a conclusion in the final movie.

Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    The X-Men movie series needs to be rebooted period. Especially since The Avengers have shown they are willing to go with absolute fantasy (deep space threats, "Gods") and not try and fit them into the real world.

If you reboot the X-Men it needs to be the original five members. Use that cast to fight Magneto and have their battle bring mutant existence to the public eye.

Then in the next movie have it set so many years later with Senator Kelly pushing the Sentinel project as a response to the "mutant" threat. And then you can bring in more characters with the sequel, like Wolverine. And meanwhile there is some mysterious figure pulling all the strings that will lead up to a conclusion in the final movie.

I couldn't agree more, but either Singer or Vaughn or both seem to like that approach. And as long as the movies do well enough to keep the X-men rights in Fox's hands, I don't think we'll get anything like the Avengers.

I hope I'm wrong though and that Singer's comment about expanding the universe means they will change direction on that front.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haven't cared for any of the X-Men movies yet, but I am a huge fan of the comics.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well apparently Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen are signed on to reprise there roles as professor x and magneto, so that's pretty cool
    Quote Quote