Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-men: Days of Future Past

1. -11
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/02/15...f-future-past/

"This movie's gonna be not only quite epic, 'Days of Future Past,' but it also takes place in completely different times than the 'X Men' movies have taken place," he said. "There'll be new technology, new things we haven't seen before in 'X-Men' films. Certain characters and certain story and certain drama that hasn't be done yet, so it's not so much sequel. It's more of its own kinda thing."
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...men-last-stand

There are science fiction aspects of the movie, and then there’s some retro science fiction that the X-Men films haven’t had quite yet. So we’re exploring that, which will be fun. And there’s an attitude [difference]. We discover our characters, particularly the younger characters, at a different place in their lives. Every character you discover in this movie is in a completely different place than you’ve ever seen, emotionally, and it's about them moving through that.
    Jackman, Paquin, Page, and Ashmore are all returning as well. Singer has been sending mixed signals too about how much he's going to keep to the continuity of the first three films. He's said he won't ignore the events of X3, but that he will be in a position to "repair" a few things.

Just the fact that he's said we're going to see new things and technologies that we haven't seen in X-men movies before, though, has me extremely excited.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Halle Berry just confirmed she's returning. Horrible news.

Worst superheroes in recent movies:
    1) Nic Cage as GR
    2) Halle Berry as Storm

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

x-men-DOFP-sentinel-reagan-inauguration.jpg

1280-x-men-days-future-past-sentinel.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...asts-sentinels

Im officially intrigued.

I was one of the few mutants(see what i did there?) that didnt fall in love with X2. The third movie is up there as one of the worst things ive ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes on, same with Origins which i was forcibly dragged to and almost set myself on fire to escape the agony.
    I wasnt overly impressed with First Class except for 2 things: the interactions between Fassbender/McAvoy and Lawrence/Hoult. Especially the debates between the first pair. Admittedly watching two top tier actors debate tolerance would be interesting in many other settings.
    I did enjoy the first one, but that was what...15 years ago?

So i havent had an overly high opinion of the franchise. But this new one has sparked an interest. The collection of actors theyve brought together has the potential to be something great. Fassbender, McAvoy, Page, Lawrence, Jackman have all had success since or around the same time as doing their roles. And, of course, Stewart and McKellen are money. The one big new signing they made is Peter Dinklage, which should be the new definition of a homerun. As well, Singer is a solid director who has shown an aptitude for ensemble casts.

Hopefully they release the footage they displayed at ComicCon to the rest of the public shortly.

Oh, and Gonzo complained about Berry...but the person i shudder at the thought of seeing again is Paquin.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    [video=youtube;92YBR9gEyYI]
    Im officially intrigued.

I was one of the few mutants(see what i did there?) that didnt fall in love with X2. The third movie is up there as one of the worst things ive ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes on, same with Origins which i was forcibly dragged to and almost set myself on fire to escape the agony.
    I wasnt overly impressed with First Class except for 2 things: the interactions between Fassbender/McAvoy and Lawrence/Hoult. Especially the debates between the first pair. Admittedly watching two top tier actors debate tolerance would be interesting in many other settings.
    I did enjoy the first one, but that was what...15 years ago?

So i havent had an overly high opinion of the franchise. But this new one has sparked an interest. The collection of actors theyve brought together has the potential to be something great. Fassbender, McAvoy, Page, Lawrence, Jackman have all had success since or around the same time as doing their roles. And, of course, Stewart and McKellen are money. The one big new signing they made is Peter Dinklage, which should be the new definition of a homerun. As well, Singer is a solid director who has shown an aptitude for ensemble casts.

Hopefully they release the footage they displayed at ComicCon to the rest of the public shortly.

Oh, and Gonzo complained about Berry...but the person i shudder at the thought of seeing again is Paquin.
    The bad news is that they are still acknowledging X-Men 3. This was the perfect opportunity to act like it never happened and move on.

This is one of my favorite storylines, so I'm also annoyed that Wolverine is rumored to be the one going back in time. The casting of Dinklage is great though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.trask-industries.com/#/home

They are really going all out with this one. As much as all these Trask teasers, and Dinklage's casting, excites me I'm still pretty skeptical. I've pretty much felt the same way as Spesh. The first movie was the only one I liked (although the opening scene of X2 still gives me nerd chills).

Having Wolverine go back in time annoys me greatly. It's called X-men, not Wolverine and his mutant friends. X2 was supposed to wrap up Wolverine's arc and the following movies were supposed to focus on some of the other characters. If this movie doesn't treat the other team members better I will swear off this movie franchise.

I will say that I think Paquin could pull off Rogue now that she is older. I'm not saying I think she will, but maybe. (Making Rogue younger than the other team members still pisses me off to this day but if they can just write her character better I will be content).

Although after seeing The Wolverine I have to wonder
    Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While i didnt read the comic this is inspired by(though im aware of the story line), i get what you guys are saying. It gets under my skin when entertainment differs from the original material, even when its done extremely well like Game Of Thrones.
    That said, im glad they decided to do what they did. If my two choices were to watching the "originals" play in both time periods or watching them combine the old crew with the First Class cast, i'll pick the combined option every time. Yes, it differs from the story but the casts they've assembled more then makes up for it. But again, i dont have the attachment that you guys did to the original source. I understand why its chaffs.

While i get that they were pretty much forced to send Wolverine back, i completely agree that they should have shifted to another main. This is going to be his 6th film, utterly ridiculous and a waste of quality material. The way Fox treated Wolverine is especially hilarious when compared to the way theyve treated Cyclops. While others got short strawed by the over saturation of Hugh Jackman, that character just got totally screwed. Its like Fox decided they were going to actively limit him in every single possible way until they could find an excuse to kill him off.

And also agree with Gonzo. Perfect chance to flat out ignore X-3. My god did it deserve to be forgotten.

Anyways, new photo showing how big the sentinel is:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...re-past-598119
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the time, I don't mind changes if they are at least as good or better than the source material. Some examples of that are Pyro and Stryker. Both are really lame characters in the cartoon/comics so those changes were for the better.

But as much as making Wolverine the time traveler annoys me from a character perspective (b/c I think they are going to try to make him a leader again like in X3, rather than the reluctant soldier) it annoys me more simply because we've had more than enough focus on Wolverine at this point. There are a lot of other X-men that need some love on the big screen and this storyline they are adapting provides the opportunity to do that in two different timelines. And yet, it looks like they want to still keep the focus on Wolverine in both...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The amount of effort going into the movie is damn impressive.

The website is ridiculous too. So much detail. It even mentions the Friends of Humanity and the Purifiers. I don't think I can keep my fan boy excitement in check much longer.
    Last edited by JamesBW43; 11-27-2013 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Quote