Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: X-men: Days of Future Past

1. -41
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Supposedly Beast creates a serum to hide his form and I guess it stops working if he gets angry or w/e. Lame for sure, but I can forgive it if the reason is because they are still back in the 70s before mutants are widely known to the public and they want Beast to be more involved without screwing that narrative up. Beast probably has something to do with Xavier walking again as well. Honestly it was really dumb to paralyze him at the end of First Class.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Colossus got more screentime in that trailer than all of the previous movies combined.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone seems to love it, but I just don't see it. There was nothing bad about the movie, but I don't think there was anything good about it either.

Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Everyone seems to love it, but I just don't see it. There was nothing bad about the movie, but I don't think there was anything good about it either.

Spoiler 
    Don't listen to this "review".

After going back and reading some of your earlier posts it seems you had your expectations of the movie set too high. I however went just expecting another comic book movie that was sure to be better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I will however address one concern of yours and that is the problem about the future Sentinels. If you know anything about the X-Men you should know about Nimrod. The future Sentinels were clearly based on that.

I personally loved this movie. It was very well done. Yes there are some pointless bits, what movie doesn't have them. Over all though they are minuscule. To be honest I enjoyed this movie just as much as Winter Solider. Also stick around until the end of the credits. There is a teaser for the next X-Men movie.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 05-23-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Spoiler 
    I understand what you are saying however the movie you are describing would be 14 hours long. There's only so much you can cram into a movie like this. It's the one thing with movies like this, suffer from. There are so many stories that can be portrayed the story they try and tell can get lost.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Don't listen to this "review".

After going back and reading some of your earlier posts it seems you had your expectations of the movie set too high. I however went just expecting another comic book movie that was sure to be better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I will however address one concern of yours and that is the problem about the future Sentinels. If you know anything about the X-Men you should know about Nimrod. The future Sentinels were clearly based on that.

I personally loved this movie. It was very well done. Yes there are some pointless bits, what movie doesn't have them. Over all though they are minuscule. To be honest I enjoyed this movie just as much as Winter Solider. Also stick around until the end of the credits. There is a teaser for the next X-Men movie.
    Why wouldn't I have high expectations? The source material is more than good enough to warrant them.

Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I understand what you are saying however the movie you are describing would be 14 hours long. There's only so much you can cram into a movie like this. It's the one thing with movies like this, suffer from. There are so many stories that can be portrayed the story they try and tell can get lost.
    I think if you cut all the meaningless plot points there would be plenty of room for more character moments and better action. I think the movie probably only needed to be 20-30 minutes longer to be as good as I was hoping for.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Why wouldn't I have high expectations? The source material is more than good enough to warrant them.

Spoiler 
    There's your biggest problem. You want it to be the comic books. With all the comic book movies out there now it should be pretty clear that the source material is only used as inspiration. Plus they had to work in material from five other movies to make this one work.

No offense but it seems to me you are looking for reasons to hate on this movie. They used the general idea of the comic, which was send someone back in time to change the future, and applied it to the cinematic X-men universe. Seems to me they nailed it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    There's your biggest problem. You want it to be the comic books. With all the comic book movies out there now it should be pretty clear that the source material is only used as inspiration. Plus they had to work in material from five other movies to make this one work.

No offense but it seems to me you are looking for reasons to hate on this movie. They used the general idea of the comic, which was send someone back in time to change the future, and applied it to the cinematic X-men universe. Seems to me they nailed it.
    I don't hate the movie at all, I just don't think it was particularly good. And while I do think the movies should be more like the comics in some aspects, I have no problem with differences as long as they are good. But in this case, it's not whether the movie is more like the comics that made it come up short in my opinion, I just think it could've been a lot better in general.
    Quote Quote