Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this why i should hate ireland and we get rid of him ??

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelFinFan View Post
    Exactly right. There's a reason we lost 10 games last year, and the reason is most of those guys suck donkey balls. Fans of teams tend to overrate their own players and that's what Crazy's doing here.
    hey, he said donkey balls.....uh huh...huh huh huh huh
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fakespike View Post
    Well smith sucks at this point, Marshall is making 16 mil over 3, borderline #1 cb money which he isn't. Dansby is worth about half of what we're paying him. Our D-line better be good, considering the high draft picks and money we've dumped into FA. And I give no credit to Ireland for Soliai because he didn't draft him and wanted to replace him at NT with Randy Starks.

Bess is a slot guy and shouldn't even be counted in our starting 22, and we have no X or Y guy that would start on any other team in the league. 0/2.

Long was the wrong pick, if you haven't come to grips with that yet I'm sorry. Martin looks like a potential bust. Jerry was a high draft pick and at this point is a bust, despite one good preseason game last week. Daniel Thomas looks like the reach we expected him to be.

Do we also give Ireland a pass on all the guys he's drafted with high picks or signed and are gone: Henne, Merling, Davis, Marshall, etc?

Its gotta get exhausting having your job as an official Jeff Ireland apologist.
    well no, actually sean smith has been playing pretty darn good and actualy making tackles at LOS. Itsa contract year remember. dont feed us crap that just isnt true and I am no sean smith supporter in the past. I tell it like i see it. you do not.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Miami Dolphins

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelFinFan View Post
    As Ireland's mentor said, you are what your record is. This team's record under Ireland's management is ****ing abysmal. That's why his ass should be fired.
    You have a point. BUT you also have to take into account that the wrong Coach was coaching the team. Sparano caught lightning in a bottle after Pennington was dropped in his lap and that fooled most of the fan base. Sparano isn't and never will be Head Coaching material, but guess what, it wasn't Ireland's call on hiring Sparano in the 1st place. Ireland in the end; was smart enough to distance himself from Tony Sparano, because Sparano while a good motivator wasn't a good Game Day Coach. I think Ireland get's too much blame for others and just because he gets rid of malcontents or bad apples, he's getting killed again from the fan base.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our roster is set for us to go 4-12 dude.

Out of all of our starting players, less than half are proven legitimate GOOD NFL starters. The rest of them range from unproven to pathetic.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We went in a stupid direction (Sparano ground and pound) and now we are rebuilding on the fly. I may have blinders on because the previous regime threw draft picks at the likes of Feeley and Lamar Gordon, but I feel like we are on the value end of things with Ireland. And I think that we have to be wise in thinking about some of the moves that he didn't make. The RB position for example is stacked without an albatross-like contract. QB position was looking strong until Garrard's meniscus fail. Now it is comfortable. Depth is an issue, but I don't know enough to make a relative judgement vs other teams benches. I am curious to see what happens at final cuts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, these kinds of threads depress me. There are a lot of people here who agree with you. You don't state your point incoherently or anything it just doesn't correlate with reality. This shows you can spin just about anything. Hell, you even spun the safety situation into a strength. It's not just a matter of limiting glaring holes, when most teams try to avoid having any. How high is the ability level at other positions, is there depth, is there established talent and youth. The basic elements of a competitive, complete roster. That roster you posted is not good enough to seriously compete in this league. If the team were as talent rich and perfectly constructed as you seem to think then we would actually win some games. You are what your record says you are and reality has pretty much rejected the idea that Ireland has been good at his job.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    Did this post from the thread you JUST posted it in deserve its own thread too?
    I think it did, as I did not see this before. Thanks to the OP. I enjoyed reading this. Maybe you should stop being the Finheaven police. Just saying.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The team needs pro bowl talent sprinkled across the roster. Guys that win their battles on the field every week and make big plays.
    Ireland has found some solid players, and a couple of good ones, but the number of guys that don't pan out is just to high.
    At the rate we are going, in 10 years guys will be retiring and Ireland will still be filling the same holes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So your rationale is that because the Dolphins have people playing for them at every position they are "solidified?"

Project players like Misi, Clemons, Jones etc guys that you're saying "IF blah blah blah and they're showing signs of blah blah blah" = NOT SOLIDIFIED.
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Homer thread. I swear Ireland could trade tanny tomorrow for a 7 th rounder and I can name at least ten people easily who would eventually spin it to being a solid move.
    Quote Quote