Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this why i should hate ireland and we get rid of him ??

1. -41
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCalifinfan View Post
    Ireland did land us a #1 receiver, and #1 cornerback. Everyone knows Marshall was a great pickup for us....how was ireland supposed to know that the guy had issues that were worse than anyone could have figured? And if a #1 CB keeps showing up out of shape, thats a character issue that developed in adulthood.......how was Ireland supposed to know that? These are Philbins cuts! Plain and simple.

Almost any other coach would have kept Chad, Brandon, and Vontae. Philbin is a no nonsense guy, that will not hesitate to get rid of you if your not on his program. 49ers decided to keep Aldon Smith even though he was stabbed at a late night party and arrested for a DUI......why? Talent! And a coach that wants to win now....even though it was a team that was already 98% complete.

I applaud this post.

Brandon Marshall may not have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder while in Denver, but he had a well-documented problem with immaturity, problems with the law, and at times was unprofessional in dealing with the Denver coaching staff. These were issues that Ireland definitely knew about, and gave Denver two 2nd round picks anyway.

As for Vontae Davis, read this analysis of Davis' before the 2009 draft (from nfldraftscout.com): "Negatives: Not a natural playmaker. Inconsistent hands for the interception. Doesn't fight through blocks with the physicality in which he comes up to tackle. Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball. Faster in shorts than on the field. Peeks back at the quarterback and savvy route-runners can beat him with double moves. Was benched in 2008 by coach Ron Zook, creating questions about his work ethic. Concerns that Vontae, like his brother, Vernon Davis, may lack the drive to turn his unique athleticism into NFL success." Hmmm....that sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it??? Again, these are character flaws that Ireland had to be aware of.

And as for Chad Johnson....well...any GM with half a brain wouldn't have signed CJ. He couldn't look good with Tom Brady getting him the ball. Enough said.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelFinFan View Post
    Exactly right. There's a reason we lost 10 games last year, and the reason is most of those guys suck donkey balls. Fans of teams tend to overrate their own players and that's what Crazy's doing here.
    And some Miami fans have developed pretty strong blinders! Anyone who has been a fan more than 15 years can see the crap the team has been through. I could careless about all the "we are finally doing it right stuff" until I see it play out. We've gone down the path of false hope enough times.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If these guys were as good as you think they are we'd be winning games.
    We won 6 of our last 9, losing to Patriots, which we had the lead 17-0 at the half, Dallas, lost by one friggin point, Eagles, we were leading 14-0 zip, until we lost Jake Long, and Matt Moore, and close the game with JP ****ing losman. So we easily could have finished the season 8 and 1. But I'm a homer what do I know.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Defense is completely intact, now whether you want to say if they are any good, that's your call. But I'll go position by position, and since you want to put the failures on him for all 5 years, although he didn't have full control until the last two, that's fine, lets see out of 22 starting positions, how many glaring holes, we have and you are welcome to disagree with, because I'm not saying I'm right at all.

LE- Jared Odrick (1st Rounder Who has shown Promise in his rookie year)
    DT-Starks (3rd Rounder, Didn't draft him, but did sign this Probowler)
    DT-Paul Solia(4th Rounder, Ireland Didn't Draft him, but he sure did resign him for a modest contract for a Pro-Bowl 6'4 350 DT)
    RE-Cam Wake(Undrafted Outbid all other teams in got this No name kid from Canada, Probowler,, actually ranks Wake as the league’s best 3-4 outside linebacker- yes, better than DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Tamba Hali and several other big-name players who will likely earn the trip to Hawaii this year over Wake.) while also showing great improvement in his play against the run. Not my bias homerism here just facts. Drew 13 holding penalties in 2011, more than any other player by far. Ireland Resigned him with a near flawless contract.

SLB- Koa Missi (2nd Rounder, who started well in his rookie and has since fell off, the jury is still out on him, but Coyle has been on record saying he has been good, and he has had a decent pre-season so far) He is one of the better edge setter I've seen in awhile, which makes since because of his raw power. I can't recall, who said it but running into KOA Misi is like running into a break wall or something to that effect. But you can come to your own conclusion on him because he just hasn't shown to be a playmaker or consistent enough.
    WLB-Mr. Kevin Burnett,(2nd Rounder, F.A. Acquisition, probably had the best season for a F.A. inside LB stat wise last year.
    ILB- Karlos Dansby (2nd Rounder F.A. Acq After showing up out of shape last year, when he finally did get into shape, he was a top 10 if not top 5 Inside LB. Needless to say if he's healthy he is one of the best Lb in the Game.)

CB- Richard Marshall (2nd Rounder Have yet to miss a game in his entire career. Ken Winsenhunt was very sad to see him go, he's ranked as the number one tackling CB in the league last year)
    CB-Sean Smith- (2nd Rounder Have all the potential in the world. Tends to play soft at time, but so far has shown vast improvement. This is a make or break year for him we shall see, is there out. He's a second rd pick, so the talent is there.

FS- Chris Clemons (5th Rounder Former Starter who played well during his only year starting, didn't make to many big plays, but played well)
    SS- Reshad Jones, (5th Rounder After a shaky start, came back from his injury and played well to end the season, he probably have had the best camp among the secondary players)

So out of the Starting 11 of on Defense, the secondary seems to have the biggest question marks, but luckily for us they are all young fast with tons of experience. So it seems to me that Ireland has covered the entire Defense in his five years. Yes we got off to a horrible start, but I must remind you that we finished 3rd Against the run, 6th Points Allowed, and 3rd in sacks. So that's 11 Positions On Defense in my OPINION that's covered.

Now, on Offense

LT-Jake Long (1st Round Selection Pro-Bowl)
    LG-Richie Incognito(3rd Rounder, F.A acquisition '2011, Adequate for now, but every team needs a guy like this on their team. Now are there better guards out there? Absoutely. But he's penciled in as the starter, and I don' think he is a liability)
    C- Mike Pouncey (1st Rounder Ireland got killed for drafting him, but all he did was start every game as a rookie, and was a pro-bowl alternate, which is voted on by players and coaches, not fans)
    RG-John Jerry (3rd Rounder Draft Pick, play well to end the season, but has struggled during camp. Played better recently, but who know's with him, Question Mark)
    RT-Jonathin Martin (2nd Rounder with first round talent, Big Question mark, this position in my opinion, Ireland should have done everything in his power to upgrade and now count on a converted LT)

WR-1 ???? (Who)
    WR-2 Hartline (4th Rounder, Hurt, either way has shown flashes when he's gotten the opportunity, Question Mark
    WR3- Bess (Undrafted, Ireland was the only person to give him a chance, and he has turn into a top 5 SLOT RECEIVER in my Opinion.)
    WR4- Clyde Gates (4th Rounder, who was the FASTEST WR in the combine last year, finished top 10 in KR as a rookie. Question Mark to make the team this year)

TE-(2nd Round, What you see with Fasano is what you get. One of the best Blocking TE in the league, and with the exception of the nightmarish 2009 decent, has been pretty decent for us, could we have found a more explosive Tight End absolutely. But he's solidify his position)
    HB/FB/TE(5th Rounder, Had a good rookie campaign, need to see if he improves or not, but has shown flashes.)

QB(1st Round, first round Qb drafted by Dolphins since Dan, looks to have all the physical tools you want in a Qb, starting right away.
    QB(Undrafted F.A., Ireland got destroyed last year for not signing Orton or trading for Kolb, and all Moore did was probably the best F.A. Qb pick up last year for a Qb who finished the league as the 12th Rated passer. Since we haven't got consistent play from this position in forever, you can put a huge Question mark here as well.

RB-Reggie Bush (1st round, traded for him when no one else wanted to for a bag of peanuts and a safety that was probably not going to make the team. All Reggie did was lead the league in yards per Carry at a healthy clip of 5.0 yards, and has now become of the leaders of this team. And this is after we decided to not over pay for Ahmad Bradshaw or DeAngelo Williams)
    RB-Daniel Thomas (2nd Rounder, started last year well, until injuries got the best of him. Has looked darn good so far in the pre-season)
    FB-J. Lane (Street F.A., former college standout, who was born to be a fullback.)

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT IM SUPPOSE TO HATE THIS MAN BECAUSE OF OUT 22 STARTING POSITIONS, IN HIS 3RD FULL YEAR IN CONTROL, HE HAS FAIL TO SOLIDIFIED 1 STARTING CALIBER WIDE RECEIVER? AND MAYBE A RG AND RT, SO THAT 3 OUT OF 22 SO EVERYTHING ELSE HE HAS DONE IS MEANINGLESS AND I'M SUPPOSE TO WANT TO GET RID OF HIM, AND I'M THE DELUSIONAL HOMER.

AFTER THIS TEAM GOT IN SHAPE AND IT'S HEAD OUT ITS ASS NO ONE WANTED TO PLAY THE DOLPHINS WE ENDED THE SEASON 6-3

You can disagree with me on the players we have on the roster that's fine, but it's my honest opinion, from what I've seen here in the past, we have the most complete team set up for the future since god knows when. Now, loaded with next year's draft picks 1st, 2 Seconds, 2 Thirds, and One Fourth, and $50 Million dollars in Cap Space we wont be able to add a #1 WR, RG or RT.
    Hey Rome wasn't build in one day and it sure as hell wasn't build in three or 5 years either, it actually took 500 years to build rome, but that's for another convo.
    It's good to point out the positives. My issue with this team is that overall it has very little talent. A starting line-up of solid guys with scrub back-ups is going nowhere. We lost a lot of talent when we dumped Marshall and Davis - for Egnew and TBD.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    Looks like a homer thread. I'm not even that negative. I'm always realistic, and always want the Fins to succeed. HOWEVER....

1.) Half those players are solid at best. Some of them are only decent.
    Because of the salary Cap, you are not going to be able to fill a team with a bunch of Pro-bowlers, you need to develop your players, and by the looks of it, that's exactly what we are doing. Only 8 out of the 22 are F.A. acquisitions, and from the remainder, 15 of them have 4 or less years of experience, you can choose to call decent, that's your given right.

2.) Reggie Bush is basically the only play maker on this team
    By your terms if Reggie Bush is the only playmaker, please tell how did we manage to win the final 6 out our 9 final games to end the season. And finished with a respectable 6th in Pts. scored against and on our offense accumulated over 40 plays of +20 yds. and 8 plays of 30 yards or more even when you exclude Brandon Marshall.

3.) WR is not our only concern, but this is a passing league.
    WR is a major concern, passing league or not, Giants proved last year you can beat a passing team with a strong Defense that plays well, Running game and clutch pass completions when it matters most.

4.) 5 years of FA signings and draft picks, and the O-line still has major problems and little depth.

5.) It's a passing league, yet we have no pass rush still and our secondary is suspect. Our only proven pass rusher at LB is Wake.
    We were third in the league in sacks last year. I'll repeat 3rd. But sacks can sometimes be overrated, because the top 6 teams to lead the league in sacks last year, all missed the playoffs. Giants were #26, Patriots #22, Saints #30, Bengals #28, Falcons#28, Texans #20, Ravens #20. The secondary is suspect until proven otherwise.

6.) This is the first year we actually addressed the QB position. Henne was just a back-up plan; they really wanted Flacco instead. 5 years of passing on QBs.
    Henne didnt pan out, Pat sucked, We signed Moore as a F.A. last year and he finished 12 in passer rating last year, still i get your point. But credit is given now that we finally did.

7.) Our 2 play makers on this team, Bush and Wake, weren't even drafted.
    Why does this matter? We gave up draft picks for Reggie and a trade. Enlightened me, are we allow to trade with the CFL? Because as hard as we pursuit Wake, I'm sure if it came down to it we would have gladly fork over picks for his services.

8.) If this team is talented, why do we keep losing? Sparano wasn't a good coach, but we have no talent. Not even Belichick could coach this team to the playoffs.
    8. I can go on and on why we keep losing, but you are right we have continue to lose, so we must have not talent, point taken. I can't argue with you on that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    If these guys were as good as you think they are we'd be winning games.
    Great so one year it's the coaches who ate more important than the players and the next year it's the players who are more important than the coaches. Proves one thing people are willing to flip flop just so they can bitch
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Great so one year it's the coaches who ate more important than the players and the next year it's the players who are more important than the coaches. Proves one thing people are willing to flip flop just so they can bitch
    The flip-flopping is beginning..
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    maybe the OP needs to update his own thread. Last time he was around he was starting all kinds of threads telling us how this team was 'loaded' with "playmakers"

Oddly, and suspiciously, he hasn't been around in weeks.

lmao
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    maybe the OP needs to update his own thread. Last time he was around he was starting all kinds of threads telling us how this team was 'loaded' with "playmakers"

Oddly, and suspiciously, he hasn't been around in weeks.

lmao
    He's been too busy felating Obama in the POFO.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He's been too busy felating Obama in the POFO.

That makes perfect sense
    Quote Quote