Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this why i should hate ireland and we get rid of him ??

1. -1
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is this why i should hate ireland and we get rid of him ??

Defense is completely intact, now whether you want to say if they are any good, that's your call. But I'll go position by position, and since you want to put the failures on him for all 5 years, although he didn't have full control until the last two, that's fine, lets see out of 22 starting positions, how many glaring holes, we have and you are welcome to disagree with, because I'm not saying I'm right at all.

LE- Jared Odrick (1st Rounder Who has shown Promise in his rookie year)
    DT-Starks (3rd Rounder, Didn't draft him, but did sign this Probowler)
    DT-Paul Solia(4th Rounder, Ireland Didn't Draft him, but he sure did resign him for a modest contract for a Pro-Bowl 6'4 350 DT)
    RE-Cam Wake(Undrafted Outbid all other teams in got this No name kid from Canada, Probowler,, actually ranks Wake as the league’s best 3-4 outside linebacker- yes, better than DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Tamba Hali and several other big-name players who will likely earn the trip to Hawaii this year over Wake.) while also showing great improvement in his play against the run. Not my bias homerism here just facts. Drew 13 holding penalties in 2011, more than any other player by far. Ireland Resigned him with a near flawless contract.

SLB- Koa Missi (2nd Rounder, who started well in his rookie and has since fell off, the jury is still out on him, but Coyle has been on record saying he has been good, and he has had a decent pre-season so far) He is one of the better edge setter I've seen in awhile, which makes since because of his raw power. I can't recall, who said it but running into KOA Misi is like running into a break wall or something to that effect. But you can come to your own conclusion on him because he just hasn't shown to be a playmaker or consistent enough.
    WLB-Mr. Kevin Burnett,(2nd Rounder, F.A. Acquisition, probably had the best season for a F.A. inside LB stat wise last year.
    ILB- Karlos Dansby (2nd Rounder F.A. Acq After showing up out of shape last year, when he finally did get into shape, he was a top 10 if not top 5 Inside LB. Needless to say if he's healthy he is one of the best Lb in the Game.)

CB- Richard Marshall (2nd Rounder Have yet to miss a game in his entire career. Ken Winsenhunt was very sad to see him go, he's ranked as the number one tackling CB in the league last year)
    CB-Sean Smith- (2nd Rounder Have all the potential in the world. Tends to play soft at time, but so far has shown vast improvement. This is a make or break year for him we shall see, is there out. He's a second rd pick, so the talent is there.

FS- Chris Clemons (5th Rounder Former Starter who played well during his only year starting, didn't make to many big plays, but played well)
    SS- Reshad Jones, (5th Rounder After a shaky start, came back from his injury and played well to end the season, he probably have had the best camp among the secondary players)

So out of the Starting 11 of on Defense, the secondary seems to have the biggest question marks, but luckily for us they are all young fast with tons of experience. So it seems to me that Ireland has covered the entire Defense in his five years. Yes we got off to a horrible start, but I must remind you that we finished 3rd Against the run, 6th Points Allowed, and 3rd in sacks. So that's 11 Positions On Defense in my OPINION that's covered.

Now, on Offense

LT-Jake Long (1st Round Selection Pro-Bowl)
    LG-Richie Incognito(3rd Rounder, F.A acquisition '2011, Adequate for now, but every team needs a guy like this on their team. Now are there better guards out there? Absoutely. But he's penciled in as the starter, and I don' think he is a liability)
    C- Mike Pouncey (1st Rounder Ireland got killed for drafting him, but all he did was start every game as a rookie, and was a pro-bowl alternate, which is voted on by players and coaches, not fans)
    RG-John Jerry (3rd Rounder Draft Pick, play well to end the season, but has struggled during camp. Played better recently, but who know's with him, Question Mark)
    RT-Jonathin Martin (2nd Rounder with first round talent, Big Question mark, this position in my opinion, Ireland should have done everything in his power to upgrade and now count on a converted LT)

WR-1 ???? (Who)
    WR-2 Hartline (4th Rounder, Hurt, either way has shown flashes when he's gotten the opportunity, Question Mark
    WR3- Bess (Undrafted, Ireland was the only person to give him a chance, and he has turn into a top 5 SLOT RECEIVER in my Opinion.)
    WR4- Clyde Gates (4th Rounder, who was the FASTEST WR in the combine last year, finished top 10 in KR as a rookie. Question Mark to make the team this year)

TE-(2nd Round, What you see with Fasano is what you get. One of the best Blocking TE in the league, and with the exception of the nightmarish 2009 decent, has been pretty decent for us, could we have found a more explosive Tight End absolutely. But he's solidify his position)
    HB/FB/TE(5th Rounder, Had a good rookie campaign, need to see if he improves or not, but has shown flashes.)

QB(1st Round, first round Qb drafted by Dolphins since Dan, looks to have all the physical tools you want in a Qb, starting right away.
    QB(Undrafted F.A., Ireland got destroyed last year for not signing Orton or trading for Kolb, and all Moore did was probably the best F.A. Qb pick up last year for a Qb who finished the league as the 12th Rated passer. Since we haven't got consistent play from this position in forever, you can put a huge Question mark here as well.

RB-Reggie Bush (1st round, traded for him when no one else wanted to for a bag of peanuts and a safety that was probably not going to make the team. All Reggie did was lead the league in yards per Carry at a healthy clip of 5.0 yards, and has now become of the leaders of this team. And this is after we decided to not over pay for Ahmad Bradshaw or DeAngelo Williams)
    RB-Daniel Thomas (2nd Rounder, started last year well, until injuries got the best of him. Has looked darn good so far in the pre-season)
    FB-J. Lane (Street F.A., former college standout, who was born to be a fullback.)

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT IM SUPPOSE TO HATE THIS MAN BECAUSE OF OUT 22 STARTING POSITIONS, IN HIS 3RD FULL YEAR IN CONTROL, HE HAS FAIL TO SOLIDIFIED 1 STARTING CALIBER WIDE RECEIVER? AND MAYBE A RG AND RT, SO THAT 3 OUT OF 22 SO EVERYTHING ELSE HE HAS DONE IS MEANINGLESS AND I'M SUPPOSE TO WANT TO GET RID OF HIM, AND I'M THE DELUSIONAL HOMER.

AFTER THIS TEAM GOT IN SHAPE AND IT'S HEAD OUT ITS ASS NO ONE WANTED TO PLAY THE DOLPHINS WE ENDED THE SEASON 6-3

You can disagree with me on the players we have on the roster that's fine, but it's my honest opinion, from what I've seen here in the past, we have the most complete team set up for the future since god knows when. Now, loaded with next year's draft picks 1st, 2 Seconds, 2 Thirds, and One Fourth, and $50 Million dollars in Cap Space we wont be able to add a #1 WR, RG or RT.
    Hey Rome wasn't build in one day and it sure as hell wasn't build in three or 5 years either, it actually took 500 years to build rome, but that's for another convo.
    Last edited by CRAZYDOLFAN305; 08-27-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm back in Florida BABY!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well said! While yes, we can disagree on the effectiveness of some of the players who will probably make up the roster, I feel like the wheels are still on the vehicle and the vehicle is still moving down the track in the right direction.

It's better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
    "Mark Twain"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did this post from the thread you JUST posted it in deserve its own thread too?

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't favor Ireland, but I don't have this gut-wrenching abhorrence for him either that some have. I think he's probably not a great evaluator of WR talent (or rather, he can't balance the problems that #1 receivers tend to present vs. their ability), and that has manifested itself the way it has at the position.

Add to the fact that our coaching staff the last few years was not great at developing WRs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    Did this post from the thread you JUST posted it in deserve its own thread too?
    Yes, did I do something wrong?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    I don't favor Ireland, but I don't have this gut-wrenching abhorrence for him either that some have. I think he's probably not a great evaluator of WR talent (or rather, he can't balance the problems that #1 receivers tend to present vs. their ability), and that has manifested itself the way it has at the position.

Add to the fact that our coaching staff the last few years was not great at developing WRs.
    Fair Enough! If only Marshall wasn't born with Borderline Personality Disorder, which apparently is Ireland's fault as well. Or Chad didn't beat up his wife, or Dez wasn't such a head case.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chapel Hill, NC/ Sunrise, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As Ireland's mentor said, you are what your record is. This team's record under Ireland's management is ****ing abysmal. That's why his ass should be fired.
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    NCAA Men's Basketball
    National Champions
    1924, 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fact of the matter is: most of those 22 players you listed are straight up sh!t. You can talk up Clemons, Jones, Gates, Misi etc all you want, they are still mediocre nfl players.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fakespike View Post
    Fact of the matter is: most of those 22 players you listed are straight up sh!t. You can talk up Clemons, Jones, Gates, Misi etc all you want, they are still mediocre nfl players.
    You're right! So excluding them, out of 22 we are now down, to 18 positions that are solidified? and Including The lack of a true #1, RG and RT, we are down to just 15 out of 22? Am I reading that right ? Or Am I missing more?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chapel Hill, NC/ Sunrise, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fakespike View Post
    Exactly right. There's a reason we lost 10 games last year, and the reason is most of those guys suck donkey balls. Fans of teams tend to overrate their own players and that's what Crazy's doing here.
    Quote Quote