Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Philbin said louder than anyone he doesnít like Jeff Irelandís personnel decision

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WTF Joe Philbin said louder than anyone he doesnít like Jeff Irelandís personnel decision

When did Philbin ever say that he didn't like Ireland's decision? Did anyone here hear anything or is Hyde trying to create drama?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Hyde means because they traded Marshall and Davis. He never actually said that, Hyde is saying that is what Philbin means by the team making these trades.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dave is right after a fashion. When he and Kevin Coyle demoted Vontae in favor of Richard Marshall, I think it was an unintentional commentary on Ireland's 1st round pick. Just as when he was cool with Brandon Marshall being traded, it was an unintentional commentary on the idea of acquiring Brandon. And when he demanded that Chad Johnson be fired, which in my opinion is the only time Joe has crossed the separation of church and state, I think that probably hit a little closer to home because it was Ireland and Ross that had to convince Joe to be OK with signing Chad to begin with.

I think Dave assumes overmuch as far as Philbin's role in Vontae Davis' trade. I don't think Joe had any role in that to be honest. It wouldn't be like him. Vontae was set to be the team's nickel corner and it's not like he was about to ask that he be cut from the team. Vontae has a good attitude he just keeps ****ing up. This wasn't a Brandon Marshall situation and it sure as hell wasn't a Chad Johnson situation.

All Joe Philbin and Kevin Coyle did was create the setting for this trade to happen by demoting Vontae in favor of Richard Marshall. And thinking back this is quite possibly something Jeff Ireland may have already been thinking about when they signed Richard Marshall to a suspiciously valuable and suspiciously long term contract, and then chose to maintain ambiguity to the public about what exactly Marshall would be here to do. It's all well and good to assume that Joe Philbin never forgave Vontae for taking a potty break during walk through, but he wasn't here when Vontae Davis showed up to practice late and still drunk. Jeff Ireland was. And it's entirely possible that Ireland decided right then and there that he's going to find a way to replace and get rid of Vontae Davis.

I mean people are acting like Jeff Ireland was suddenly hit with this out of the blue like he had no inkling that this was going to happen. That's bull ****. He signed Richard Marshall to a big long term deal for a reason.
    Last edited by ckparrothead; 08-27-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I disagree, I think Philbin prompted this trade. He didn't like Marshall, out of here...he didn't like Ocho, out of here...he didn't like Davis, out of here...we are getting rid of the distractions from this team, which is fine by me.
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami struck while the Iron was hot IMO. Vontae was going to play nickel...Nolan Carrol has actually looked decent this pre season no reason to keep Vontae when he has not lived up to the hype.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how is 3 years $16.5 mil for a corner big and long term??? i don't see it that way at all...could have been to set in motion vontae exiting or could have been in anticipation of sean smith leaving in free agency after this year...either way the money doesn't really say anything about any of it to me

the only thing i do know is the colts got themselves a heck of a player a top 20 pick talent all day every day for a likely not even top 40 pick...one with 2 years remaining on his rookie deal no less so most the money has been paid out already by miami...no brainer
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's starter money and it was the only longer term contract the Dolphins used this off season. Yes, 3 years is a long term deal.

Jeff Ireland knew where this was likely heading with Vontae six months ago.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, I had a feeling this trade was coming when they moved Vontae to second string.

Hoped it was just to motivate him, but my gut told me they were looking to ship him out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    to me thats high end nickle money...3 years $16.5 mil...and i think he was paid as such...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd feel better about Philbin and Co if this was an example of Ireland's rogue idiocy. Initially, I thought the coaching staff was handling Vontae properly. Kick his ass for showing up to camp out of shape. Make him earn back a starting position. But don't give up on him. This coaching staff still had limited experience with Vontae. It seemed rash and premature for them to push for a trade.
    Quote Quote